October 2017 Moms

Poll: Skirt Positioning

dogperson11dogperson11 member
edited April 2017 in October 2017 Moms
If you wear a skirt and use the restroom do you pull the skirt up around your waist or push it all down towards the floor?
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Poll: Skirt Positioning 89 votes

Bunch it up around my middle
84% 75 votes
Let it fall to the floor
7% 7 votes
SS (because there's always one...)
7% 7 votes

Re: Poll: Skirt Positioning

• dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited April 2017
    @dogperson1 I was like wtf does 'skirt positioning' mean when I saw this POTD, lol.

I'm a special snowflake. If the skirt is loose enough to just push up, I do that. But if it's a tighter work skirt, I have to pull down.
    Ha, I know, but I didn't know what else to call it! image
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Loading the player...
  • pull it up
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • depends on the skirt. I wear skirts about 95% of the time (pretty much any time unless I'm working out) Jean skirt are usually down, maxi skirts are usually up. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bunch it up! Easier and more sanitary. 

I do do agree with @bluejeanbabi05 on tight skirts having to come down though. 
  • I hardly ever wear skirts so I had to think about this, but I feel like I would pull it down but kind of keep it around my knees so it's not actually touching the floor. But I wouldn't pull it up. Then what do you do when you grab toilet paper, let go with one hand so it touches the toilet seat?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Haha I was thinking the same!
  • I hardly ever wear skirts so I had to think about this, but I feel like I would pull it down but kind of keep it around my knees so it's not actually touching the floor. But I wouldn't pull it up. Then what do you do when you grab toilet paper, let go with one hand so it touches the toilet seat?
    You bunch and hold with 1 hand
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • My skirts are always long so I bunch up and stuff in my bra. Kind of like a topsy-tail. DONT JUDGE ME! :D
    Yes! Today I've been rolling my skirt up in my shirt. The shirt is clingy and stretchy so it holds it all for me.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • ksf13ksf13 member
    @dogperson1 I was like wtf does 'skirt positioning' mean when I saw this POTD, lol.

I'm a special snowflake. If the skirt is loose enough to just push up, I do that. But if it's a tighter work skirt, I have to pull down.
    Exactly this. Loose skirts go up, tight skirts go down! 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Depends on the underwear im wearing and if the skirt is tight or lose lol. 
    If underwear is not tight enough and skirt is, i cant pull it up, ill have a hard time keeping my undies at its place when i try to pull the skirt back down.

• I'm SS. There are many rules to this.If I am wearing tights, it's pull down because who wants to pull up and pull two down, I'd rather pull three down. If the fabric is easy to wrinkle then I pull down. If it has a zip then I have to pull down. This is not a straightforward poll. You didn't provide enough options. Shame on you.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Bunch it up! If I have to pull it down, I won't let it hit the floor. I'm a germaphobe when it comes to public bathrooms.  :s
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I gotta admit... the idea that we're even discussing this makes me chuckle. Such a funny poll!  :D I'm team "hike it up!" all the way!
  • No lie, when I saw the subject line I thought we were talking about bed skirts and I thought, "what a boring poll." Silly me, as if anyone would post boring polls in good 'ol O17 :smile:

I'm a SS. If it's a long skirt, I bunch up. If it's a short skirt I pull down, but never to the floor. I can multi-task enough to keep it from hitting the floor because ew.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • kdel921 said:
    Bunch it up! If I have to pull it down, I won't let it hit the floor. I'm a germaphobe when it comes to public bathrooms.  :s
    100% same. I have a thing about my clothes and possessions touching the floor in public bathrooms.
  • Pull it up because it doesn't need to touch the floor!!!

soprano19 said:
    kdel921 said:
    Bunch it up! If I have to pull it down, I won't let it hit the floor. I'm a germaphobe when it comes to public bathrooms.  :s
    100% same. I have a thing about my clothes and possessions touching the floor in public bathrooms.
    Yes! Every door needs a hook for your purse! Irritates me when there isn't one. 
  • If anyone didn't have a problem with their skirt touching the bathroom floor I'd be giving them major side eye! 

Hike that baby up!
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • lol i laughed so hard when i saw this! 

\