Thursday Ticker Change 4-27

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTYK: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4-27

• Options
    kat81kat81 member
    How far along are you?
    38 weeks

How big is baby?
    I don't know...something big! It's bigger than my abdomen, that's for sure

No, actually, because my schedule is so busy (and so is theirs) that I could not find a time even though I'm supposed to be there weekly.

Symptoms?
    baby dropped a week ago or thereabouts. Yet I still have constant jabbing into my ribs when I'm seated. When I stand the baby is LOW and it feels like it will fall out! Also the braxton hicks are picking up. I'll probably end up with some false alarms on labor before I really go into labor.

Cravings?
    Thanks to you all I bought some of that target cookie dough! Doesn't taste as good as regular cookie dough, though, but it is still hitting the spot.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    Just can't wait to get to the end of my semester and to finish getting ready for the baby...which we have only really just STARTED to do.

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Green

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again?
    Well this list is surely long, but I'm not even sure what's on it! I do know that one time I was at the gym and at the mercy of what was on and I saw a few minutes of "Last Man Standing." It is definitely a show I will never watch again. Tim Allen's character was SO unappealing and even the writing of the other characters was pretty crappy, too. I was reminded that Tim Allen is a Trump-y kind of republican so no wonder I'd hate his character but it was just really not fun to watch. I remember watching Home Improvement back in the day and thinking there was nothing wrong about that show but this one was really blech. That said, there are so many worse shows out there and ones I'd be even less inclined to watch, probably!

Oh and I just now saw this is about movies, too! I will never read or watch 50 shades of grey. Otherwise, there is a very long list of movies I would not watch. Like those horror ones that are just pure gore, such as Saw or something like that. I saw previews and was so grossed out. It's not even scary, just unimaginative and gross.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    kat81kat81 member
    pshaortao said:
    How far along are you? 37 weeks

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? I remember one of the worst movies I saw back in grade school was some version of Godzilla. It was so terribly made that my friends and I left the theater early and just snuck into another one for a better choice. As for TV shows, while I do enjoy sitcoms, I for some reason can't get into shows like the office, park and rec etc. DH on the other hand has binged through all of the seasons.
      Like your DH, I have also binged on the office and parks and rec! IMO the office had about 3 good seasons and then really petered off for a long time, but I couldn't pull myself away. :)

• Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya

Any appointments this week? I had one today. They did an US to check my fluid levels, which looked good. Baby is still measuring on track, and the doctor said she's head down and engaged. I would have been disappointed if she hadn't dropped yet, just because it would mean all the pain and pressure down below would likely get worse. I'm glad to know it's associated with her being "engaged". They also did the Strep B swab, but didn't make any mention of a cervical check. Like @pshaortao said, I'm glad not to know at this point. I think it would drive me nuts.

Symptoms? As alluded to above, a lot of pelvic pressure/pain, my hips hurt, muscles in my groin are still going into spasm on occasion (which stops me in my tracks), my legs are sore and shins have started getting tight. Other than all the expected "bottom half" symptoms associated with the baby being low, I'm doing alright. It's interesting how you get used to an increasing level of constant pain.

Cravings? Nothing really right now.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm SO glad tomorrow is my last day of work! My boss tried to see if I'd stay another week...nope! These past few weeks have been so stressful.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? Interesting question. The only thing I can think of is that I avoid news on tv like the plague. I'd much rather check a reputable internet source to get my news.
  • Options
    @starphish18 Kudos to you for telling your boss no! When I told work I was going to stop at 37 weeks my superior said, "Well you know, you could stay longer..." No thank you!!! Congrats on being done!

How far along are you
    ? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya

Any appointments this week? I have one tomorrow - doing the GBS swab. I also have my second prenatal appt with our doula. 

Symptoms? My fingers and wrists are still aching when I get up in the morning - I feel about 100 years old. Also, my hip pain has returned, despite it disappearing for a few months when I got the mattress topper. Oh and acid reflux, of course.

Cravings? Pizza, but my acid reflux dictates otherwise.

Rants/Raves/Questions? I keep wondering when she is going to drop...although I have heard it doesn't happen for everyone? I know she is head down, but she still feels high.

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? The Big Bang Theory...every time I see a commercial I mute the TV. I can't stand the canned laughter.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    36 weeks

How big is baby?
    Papaya

Sounds like this is the week for GBS test! I have an appointment tomorrow for GBS. I'm not sure if my doctor will also check to see if I'm dilated. I know baby is head down, but I don't think s/he dropped yet.

Symptoms?
    I was crawling around on the floor last night working on a quilt and I got exhausted pretty quickly. Acid reflux is still happening, but I know which foods cause it so I take Tums right after eating those foods. Baby likes to stick a foot right under my right ribs whenever I sit down. That makes eating interesting.

Cravings?
    Chicken Alfredo pizza.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I finished making a nursing cover and a car seat cover last night and I'm happy with how they turned out (I posted a picture of them in the "Crafty Moms" thread). I should be receiving the last of the baby items I ordered from our Amazon registry tomorrow. Hopefully when that stuff arrives we'll have everything we need immediately after coming home from the hospital!

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Team green, although I have a very strong feeling I know what the gender is.

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again
    I can't stand Arrested Development, South Park, and Family Guy. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37 weeks

How big is baby? Watermelon 

Any appointments this week? I have my 37 week appt and a growth ultrasound tomorrow

Symptoms? Lower back pain, pubic bone pain, and I feel like I have to pee really bad every time I stand up! 

Cravings? The last couple days I've been loving cucumbers dipped in ranch

Rants/Raves/Questions? I heard we could get anywhere from 6 to 12 inches of snow tomorrow into Saturday! I really hope it doesn't ruin any of our weekend plans! I have my last baby shower on Saturday and my sisters and I paid for a weekend getaway for my parents for their anniversary up in the mountains so hopefully they can get up to their hotel ok! 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue 

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? Army of Darkness, DH loves that movie and i think its the worst movie ever made! 

• Options
    How far along are you? 36 weeks

How big is baby? Papaya

Any appointments this week? I had 2 NST's this week

Symptoms? Hip pain, heartburn, exhaustion

Cravings? Ice cream

Rants/Raves/Questions? These now-twice weekly NST's with a toddler in tow are getting old. 

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? Anything gratuitously gruesome or sci-fi. Hurt Locker, because DH was EOD and we already know the movie is full of misrepresentation and inaccuracies. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Options
    march2008march2008 member
    edited April 2017
    How far along are you? 38w,1d 

How big is baby? A pumpkin!  :o

Any appointments this week? Had my 38 week check up yesterday. I declined the cervical check for the second week in a row, which my doctor was fine with, so I just had the usual weight check, fundal height, blood pressure, etc and all was normal. My doctor said it feels like she's still head down when he palpated. I may go ahead and let them do a cervical check at next week's appointment just to see where I stand at 39 weeks. 

Symptoms? I slept like I had a newborn baby last night. I was literally up every 2 hours. I caught DD's cold and my nose was so stuffed and I was just overall miserable. Yesterday I had some pretty bad hip pain but I did some yoga poses and honestly felt so much better afterward.

Cravings? Carbs

Rants/Raves/Questions? So glad to only have around 2 weeks left. I'm ready to have a waist again. Ha! I have just two more shifts left at work (tomorrow and Sunday) and then I'm off until August. YAY!

GTKY: What movie or TV show do you refuse to watch? Or what movie or TV show would you never watch again? I sort of gave up TV in general 6 years ago. We got rid of cable and now I'm more of a bookworm! I read all the time and really don't miss TV at all.
    BabyFruit Ticker

DH: 34/Me: 35
    Married: Feb 2008
    DD: June 2011
    TTC# 2: April 2014
    BFP!! 8/29/16 --> EDD: 5/11/17....it's a GIRL!!! :)
  • Options
    How far along are you? 37w, 1d

How big is baby? Wintermelon or romaine lettuce

Any appointments this week? Had one Wed. Still 1cm dilated and now 60% effaced. I like knowing the data and that it's improving weekly. It had been raining all weekend and I took a day off work because I was sick. Doctor said my swelling went down SO much that I lost about 5 lbs of water weight! Sadly after just 2 days back at work and on my feet I've gained most of it back...ugh.

Symptoms? 3rd tri everything

Cravings? Candy and carbs

Rants/Raves/Questions? I'm so jealous at you ladies who are finishing up work at 36 and 37 weeks (happy for you too though!) Work has been SO difficult this last week and I'm dreading next week, which will hopefully be my last. No matter how sweet they (sometimes) are, Kindergarten is not the place to be 3rd trimester. I only have so much patience left. I also caught a cold this week which hasn't helped at all. Luckily I was able to opt out of the zoo field trip yesterday and stay at school. I spent the whole time packing up some things in the class and prepping for when I'm out- but definitely pushed it too far. Got some new kinks in my legs that basically prevented me from walking at the end of the day. I just want to be DONE!

DH went to target today and couldn't help but come home with a ton of baby stuff. It's really cute how excited he is :)

Sports. Particularly basketball- I can't stand the squeakiness of the shoes! I don't know how people can put that noise aside.
  • Options
    @museic So sorry you're sick! I'm an elementary school therapist and constantly being exposed to germs left and right! Those kiddos are cute but sometimes they can be so snotty and they tend to cough everywhere! Hope you feel better soon. 
  • Options
    Thank you @MiaQuiche84! Hoping you don't catch anything before due date either. One more week of work! :)