October 2017 Moms
Options

Expecting Multiples Check-In!

By popular demand!  (Requested by two people, which is a lot of demand...)

Let's have a check-in for those of us expecting multiples!  Who is out there?  Some intro questions:

How many babies are you expecting?

Do you know if they are ID/Fraternal?

What was your first thought when you found out?

Have you read any books on Twins/Multiples pregnancies?

Re: Expecting Multiples Check-In!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I totally starred this post to get updates. Oops.

fill me in on all the multies! 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    Twins fascinate me so I already knew that fun fact @TallMomma29! I have identical twin sisters so I have read up on twins a lot (even though identical really means nothing in terms of familial likelihood of having twins myself).
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    I know I'm at a high risk for having a csection this time around and I'm totally OK with it, and honestly kind of starting to have the mindset that's probably what will happen. However, I'm terrified of it! I'm scared of the pain, the recovery, dealing with two babies and a toddler. Plus by working in the medical field, I'm aware of all the random and highly unlikely complications that can occur after surgery. Will I be able to use the stairs in our home? Hold my toddler? Get in and out of bed easily? It all scares me. 
  • Options
    TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited April 2017
    @curlyq423 the getting up and down the stairs and holding my toddlers part is the main part that is making me so hesitant!  My DH is currently scheduled to be gone for THREE WEEKS during what will most likely be CS recovery time, and unfortunately I don't think "my wife just had a CS" is an excuse to get out of military stuff.  Thanks, America!  :s

• Options
    @TallMomma29 You should have him check and see how long he could get off! My sister had a c-section and her husband came home (was deployed) for a week or two, I can't remember. Maybe only a week. I hope your husband can get more time off! Do you have family around that can help?
  • Options
    @curlyq423 As far as I know he gets 10 whole days of leave (counting weekend days)  :p  Ugh.   We don't have any family around but will definitely have to plan to have some grandparents come and stay as long as they can.  ;).  With my first, I had grandparents here nonstop for 5 weeks (after DH's week of paternity leave was up) because he had to leave again.   It was terrrrrible at the time.. I would have rather been alone!   But with two toddlers and two babies I'll take all the help I can get!  

• Options
    @TallMomma29 I would help you if I could! 
  • Options
    @TallMomma29 - Oh wow!  You will do it because it has to get done but it wont be fun.  I hope you can get some help while dh is away!   These maternity/paternity leave laws so need to change!

*May Siggy Challenge - Parenting Fails*

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My neighbor's friend had twins last week and she had one vaginally and then had to have a CS for the other one.  My OB already warned me this was a possibility but  :o  I can't imagine having to recover from a CS and vaginal birth at the same time!   ETA: while also dealing with newborn TWINS :o
    A mom in my Aug14 board had this happen with her twins. No thanks!
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
    Baby Boy due October 2017
  • Options
    @twinning2017 What do you mean by 6% difference between the two?
  • Options
    @curlyq423 Like growth weight head size that type of stuff. 
  • Options
    Eee!! So many multiples! 

I can offer some help in the csection. Recovery without your uterus contracting (planned CS) vs going to csection after labor is much different in terms of recovery. But I'm sure planned csection with twins is not very easy to accommodate. 

That being said holding the babies will be fine, stairs are fine but you want to limit it as much as you can. More so bc you move so slow. It's more the action of getting out of bed that is hard. 

As for the toddlers H was gone a lot during recovery time bc it was his busy season. There were times I had no choice to lift my 19 month old. I'm not suggesting you do that. But those times happened. Just try to explain to them that mommy can't lift, and when sitting on the couch or whatever have them climb up. 

Its one of those things that probably sounds scarier than it is. It isn't a bed of roses but vaginal recovery I am sure isn't peachy either. hopefully it doesn't come to it, but if it does you will get through! 
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    @twinning2017 Gotcha!

@carries2018 Thanks for the advice!!
  • Options
    @carries2018 - so which is worse in terms of recovery - planned csection or csection after some contractions?

• Options
    @hopeby2015 planned csection recovery is absolutely easier than csection after contractions. but i would guess it is hard to plan with twins bc you want them to cook as long as possible. but there is no telling when you would go into labor. if you think csection is likely i would talk to your doc about it, and the options. it isnt an easy decision!

also that being said i am not saying csection after contractions/labor is like months more of recovery. but i felt fairly normal after a couple days with planned csection and laboring one took over a week. and still in both situations i was still managing being a mom in the meantime. holding them, stairs, etc. you get through.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    @carries2018 - thats actually not too bad!  With dd, i had a vaginal delivery and was good within 3 days.  The meds they give you are hella good!  I just have this weird fear of going under the knife and getting cut up.  I kinda wanna do a vaginal delivery again but my biggest fear is vaginal + csection!

• Options
    For my first two a CS sounded scarier than a watermelon busting its way out of my vagina (in hindsight, why did I think that??  :|) but now I'm mainly worried about taking care of the older two if I have a CS.  The "baby" loves to be picked up and she already weighs around 40 pounds.   Eeeeeek.  

• Options
    @momofboys37 so exciting!   I have friends that did foster to adopt with three boys and shortly after found out they were expecting twins while the youngest was still a baby.   They went from no children to needing a van so quickly but they love it! 

• Options
    @momofboys37 Three adopted boys. That's amazing. I'm keen to know the sex of your twins! Will you find out?

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker