March 2017 Moms

6 week growth spurt

anyone heard of this?? Lo is 6 weeks tomorrow and is a crusty little thing today lol anyone else experiencing this??

Re: 6 week growth spurt

• I haven't but I sure hope it's a thing! My DD has eaten every hour this afternoon and will be six weeks on Thursday. 
  • Yeah, I've heard 6 weeks past their due date they go through a spurt (but it's mostly a brain development spurt I think). DS is gong through his at the moment. It's also when their circadian rhythm starts to kick in so they're starting to become aware of the difference between day and night. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Reasons my kid is cranky... there's always something. Hah.
    There are growth spurts - they want to constantly eat a ton - there are mental leaps, where they are extra fussy and usually once they get through the "fussy" stage they have learned something new or just seem more alert/older, in a few months there are teeth coming in that make them cranky, and then (my personal favorite -lol) sleep regressions.  Those are from hell and make you want to die. So be warned. The 4mo sleep regression is coming. 
  • The joys of parenting...as soon as you settle into a stage it all changes!!!
  • kjd291 said: 
    Reasons my kid is cranky... there's always something. Hah.
    There are growth spurts - they want to constantly eat a ton - there are mental leaps, where they are extra fussy and usually once they get through the "fussy" stage they have learned something new or just seem more alert/older, in a few months there are teeth coming in that make them cranky, and then (my personal favorite -lol) sleep regressions.  Those are from hell and make you want to die. So be warned. The 4mo sleep regression is coming. 
    THIS. There is always something!!!
    Alex
    married to M since 6.13.09
    T - 3.3.14
    A - 2.24.17
  • My first didn't have sleep regression because he just never slept. Ever. He only ever went in 3 hour increments for the first 1.5 years of his life. He didn't even sttn until he was 3. 

Whaf exactly happens during sleep regression? I'm a night shifter will this work out in my favor?
    Me: 32 DH: 34
    Baby #1 - January 2010
    Baby #2 - March 2017

• I've heard terrible things about the 4 month regression lol. My child also doesn't really sleep so I probably won't see a difference lol
  • For me (what I can remember) the sleep regression at 4mo was: up EVERY single hour all night long for a week+ and no longer napped well during the day.  It's supposedly the age that their sleep rhythms change to "normal" sleep instead of the easily entered deep newborn sleep.  So after that point she wouldn't just sleep anywhere, or sleep through noise around the house or out and about, etc.

Hopefully many any of us can luck out and these kiddos will go against this norm! 
  • The 4 mOnth sleep regression ain't got NOTHING on the 8/9/10 month sleep regression. It lasted seriously like 6 weeks in our house. I thought I was going to due of sleep deprivation since my son was already such a shockingly poor sleeper. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Things I'm not looking forward to .....