September 2016 Moms
Options

May 2017 Check in

AlyeenaAlyeena member
edited April 2017 in September 2016 Moms
I know it's not May yet but it almost is so it would be silly to create an April one at this point. :*

How old is baby?

Any milestones hit?

Weight and length?

Tell us about baby's personality, what are his/her cute little traits?

What is your favourite thing to do with baby?

How are YOU feeling?

When are you trying for next baby?

Questions, concerns, rants?

35 years old, TTC #1 Dec 28, 2011
PCOS, Hypothyroidism.
First IVF cycle June 5th 2015 --- BFP
Miscarriage at 8 weeks
FET December 15th 2015--- BFP!
First saw  at 6w4d
It's a boy!

Luciano Alessandro Maximiliano was born on September 3rd 2016

Re: May 2017 Check in

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    How old is baby?
    He will be 8 months on May 8th

Any milestones hit?
    Crawling for about a week now.

Weight and length?
     Nearly 20lbs (19lbs 11 ounces according to his bath scale) I don't know height. He was 27.25 at his 6 month.

He is very active and curious. Crawling has significantly improved his mood. He would get very frustrated at his lack of mobility, and even though I have to watch him like a hawk now, I'm glad he's a happier baby. Sometimes when he laughs it's more like a chuckle which I find cute. When he's had enough food he'll close his eyes tightly like he's trying to make the food/spoon go away.

Right now I just love watching him play by himself. He's been crawling for a week and i like watching to see where he wants to go, what toy he goes for, going from belly to sitting...it just fascinates me because he's been trying so hard for awhile now to crawl and he's finally mobile. He also does downward dog a lot and attempts to move forward in that position.

How are YOU feeling?
    Overall good. Still trying to figure out if being a stay at home mom is for me or not. We are moving in the next 2-3 months. I quit my job because my lo got really sick in daycare (norovirus), and I knew once we moved i wouldn't want to make the long commute to my office. I decided to stay home with LO for now and see how i feel once we move and get settled in. Some days I can see myself not going back to work, other days I'm mentally updating my resume.

Well H would like to try in September when lo is 1 and I should be done breastfeeding by then. I honestly could probably use a little more time but I'm 34 so I really don't have the luxury of time. I got pregnant right away with this babe, but I know that may not be the case the second time around. I will most likely start trying again in the fall.

Im looking for a new baby carrier. Lo doesn't seem to like the stroller for more than 30minutes at a time. I've noticed he does much better being worn. I have a regular Bjorn and am interested in something that will be good for bigger babies/toddlers. My research has led me to the Tula baby carrier. Anyone have the Tula? Would love to hear your thoughts.

I know we have discussed sippy cups, but I need to buy a new one. We have an avent one right now. He'll drink out of it if I hold the cup for him, but cannot drink out of it on his own. Anyone having success with a sippy cup?

• Options
    @BabyBoyH92016 we've been using a straw cup. LO picked it up pretty easily. We really like the insulated Foogo cups. They have a flexible straw and keep stuff cold most of the day. 
  • Options
    @hejo thanks! I was thinking about getting another sippy and also trying a straw cup. 
  • Options
    Another vote for the straw cup!
  • Options
    How old is baby?
    Turned 7 months on the 23rd

Any milestones hit? Waving, clapping, crawling, pulling into standing position, can go from stomach to sitting

Weight and length? 16.6 lbs, I don't remember height.

She loves to dance and jump! She is such a happy little thing. She is also very determined. 

I love to watch her! We play row, row, row your boat. We hold hands while sitting across from each other and go back and forth. Super cute and she will initiate it sometimes, which I just love.

How are YOU feeling?
    Exhausted between waking up at night to work and home stress, exhausted.

I don't know if we will.

Questions, concerns, or rants? None at the moment.
  • Options
    lilaroslilaros member
    edited April 2017
    How old is baby? 
    He will be 8 months on May 12th

Any milestones hit?
    He just started Army crawling last weekend. He is trying to pull up on stuff but can't really support his weight yet. We're trying to teach him high fives and to wave bye bye but he hasn't gotten it yet.

Weight and length?
    No clue on the length but very, very tall. Weight is probably around 17.5 lbs.

He's such a happy baby! He has hit this stage where all he does is laugh all day at everything. I don't think there is anything better than baby giggles.

My favorite thing to do is hold him and cuddle
    him. With him napping less, being on the move more and me being back at work this happens less and less. I try to get my cuddle time in on the weekends when he takes a nap. I should be putting him in the crib once he's asleep, but I cannot resist holding the whole time. It's my favorite thing ever. 

How are YOU feeling?
    I'd be feeling better if this baby would stop trying to pull out the few remaining strands of hair I have left. Haha!

We have tossed around starting sometime between October 2017 and January 2018. That still seems too soon to me though. However, I'm 32 (33 next month) so I kinda feel like the pressure is on if we want to have another.

Not really, but I wanted to say genetics are crazy! As a pretty ethnic looking Spaniard, I am still shocked sometimes I ended up with a fair skinned, light eyed baby. His hair seems to be getting lighter too and I would not be surprised if he turns blond. Funny how that works out.
  • Options
    How old is baby?
    8 months tomorrow May 1st. How is that possible.

Any milestones hit?
    He is mobile with his own version of an army crawl. Makes him so much happier. Plus he climbs on everything especially me.

Weight and length?
    15 lbs and 27 1/4 inches. Long and skinny.

He is a stubborn and inquisitive child. He has to be involved in everything. Love when he smiles, he crunches his nose and his eyes look like little half moons. It is adorable and hard to stay upset at.

Playing with him, snuggling with him, going on walks, and watching him figure things out.

How are YOU feeling?
    Most days okay. I have my moments I think about changing jobs or wondering if we could swing me cutting my hours but then I bounce back to reality.

After our wedding in October. I'll get off the birth control and then we'll just let nature take its course.

Is any else's little ones not jumping in weight that much any more. He seems to have slowed way down in growing. He gained length but not really any weight in the last month. He was a month early and was tiny so I know he'll be a little smaller than others until he catches up.
  • Options
    @jenkar01 yes! I posted about slow weight gain in the randoms a few weeks ago. I noticed a significant slow down in weight gain after lo turned 6months. 
  • Options
    Yep, us too. I think that's pretty common around this age? Especially breast fed babes 
  • Options
    How old is baby?
    Will be 8 months on the 8th

Any milestones hit?
    Army crawl, waving, desperately trying to pull up on things, blowing raspberries is super fun

Weight and length?
    16ish lbs?  No idea on length

Mellowist baby of our three by far.  She loves trying to imitate big sister and brother.  She's very happy with Daddy but I get some great little baby hugs when she sees me.  I am so proud of her giant thighs :D

Big fan of baby wearing.  Mornings hanging out in bed before the day gets started is always fun, she's so cute and happy at that time of day.  Just the usual play time stuff.  Fun to see how excited she gets over little things!

How are YOU feeling?
    Not too bad.  Tired.  Stressed out about adult crap. But nothing unusual.  We're taking a weekend away (with kids) in a few weeks.  Will be nice to just escape the norm for a bit.

Never. 3 is good.  Unless the vasectomy fails too?  :p

Hmmm... I guess I'm starting to get a little worried about putting her in her own room.  I feel like she wakes up a lot because I'm in there with her.  So maybe she'll sleep better without me.  But I also like her being right there.  Either way, it'll probably be a month or more until she's moved.