1st Trimester
Options

Belly Band Help

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I didn't see it (specifically) in a quick search....

I have a couple different Belly Bands (12wks w/ #2) - I'm at work and a co-worker (knows I'm preg) pointed out that you could tell I was wearing a belly band & that my pants were unbuttoned underneath it.  Everyone in the office knows, so I'm less concerned about day-to-day, but "clients" don't - and it will be problematic for another few weeks if they figure it out.

Anyone have thoughts on "how" to wear a belly band that covers up the fact that your pants are undone?  I know to wear it folded over (which makes it move around a lot more, but extra layers...), and always wear a tank under my blouse - again I feel like extra layers worked with #1 to smooth out any bulges from buttons, etc.  But that's not doing it this time...
28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
TTC#2 since 2/2017

Re: Belly Band Help

• Options
    PumpkinTi said:
    I'm sure this has been asked before, but I didn't see it (specifically) in a quick search....

I have a couple different Belly Bands (12wks w/ #2) - I'm at work and a co-worker (knows I'm preg) pointed out that you could tell I was wearing a belly band & that my pants were unbuttoned underneath it.  Everyone in the office knows, so I'm less concerned about day-to-day, but "clients" don't - and it will be problematic for another few weeks if they figure it out.

Anyone have thoughts on "how" to wear a belly band that covers up the fact that your pants are undone?  I know to wear it folded over (which makes it move around a lot more, but extra layers...), and always wear a tank under my blouse - again I feel like extra layers worked with #1 to smooth out any bulges from buttons, etc.  But that's not doing it this time...
    Idk what your work dress code is, but could you wear skirts with a stretchier waist band? Or perhaps longer shirts that don't fit tightly around the waist.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2017
    @PumpkinTi Skip right to maternity pants!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!  I have acquired a few maternity pants in the meantime for days that I'll be around clients, and on other days, can probably get away with skirts/belly band...
    28yo, TTC#2 since 6/2014
    Kiddo #1 = 10 cycles of trying, 1 CP and is now a toddler
    TTC#2 since 2/2017