June 2017 Moms
Options

Team Green Mamas

I thought it would be fun to post our predictions of our babies sex and why. Then come back after and confirm if we were correct or incorrect. 
I have a stronger feeling my baby is a girl, and maybe it's just me wishing but I think my 3d pic really looks girlish or feminine. And I am carrying this baby completely different than my son, also sweet cravings out of control. All could just be nothing, we will see! 

Re: Team Green Mamas

• Options
    shmarplershmarpler member
    edited April 2017
    I love stuff like this. It almost makes me wish I hadn't already found out. Almost. 

I thought I was having a boy because this pregnancy is so different from the last, but apparently I was wrong.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    I was team green the first time around and I was 150% certain I was having a girl. Everyone around me was convinced it was a girl too, cravings, symptoms, etc mAtched up perfectly for a little lady but booom a boy came out and he is all boy all the time. I'm gonna stalk this thread because I love these kinda predictions. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Holy hell @ellie111227 I can't imagine not knowing about twins until they just up and pulled a second baby out of me.  

I will say that this pregnancy is a complete mix (literally 50/50) of symptoms from DS and DD.  I'm not aware of a third sex lurking around out there, so hopefully this baby at least comes out human.  One can never be too certain with FET.

All joking aside, I have a very strong feeling this is a girl.  No rhyme or reason why.  I have no desire for one sex or the other.  I didn't have a strong feeling with my prior pregnancies so this is quite different for me!
  • Options
    We are still Team Green with the twins, and honestly, I have no flipping clue. Part of me just goes with the statistics and says "one of each", and I can guess which would be the girl and which would be the boy. 

If its two boys I would be in shock. Two girls I would be not so shocked, not sure why! 

Its a big "reveal" this time, since we are currently split 2 girls in the fam and 2 boys. The kids are getting so excited to find out! 
  • Options
    bergberg member
    Which sex gives you bad hemorrhoids?  Because that is the one I'm having.  

But seriously, my gut says boy and has since the start.  But I've never done this before so my gut could be really wrong.  8 weeks(ish) will we know.
  • Options
    I've thought girl for both my boys. I started out thinking this is a boy, but now I am saying girl. 

Everyone I know thinks girl for this one, besides maybe a couple of people. Have no idea why. Pregnancies are all the same. Only differences:

High blood pressure with my boys, very low blood pressure this time.

Both boys heartbeats were always in the 150's, 160's, and this one in the 140's. 

I really dont believe in differences saying anything, but fun. 
  • Options
    Old wives tales are about a 50/50 split for me. I don't have a strong gut feeling either way, but I do have other reasons for believing it might be a boy.

Namely the ultrasound technician in training at one of my appointments kept saying "he", which may or may not have just been a generic reference. Also DH really wants a girl, and we easily chose a girls name, so it would be just our sort of situation for it to be a boy instead. He always called baby a girl and then I've said "it might still be a boy!" so many times that I may just have talked myself into believing that it is. 
  • Options
    I don't have any strong feelings one way or the other.  With DS I was convinced he was a girl (although when we had a 3d ultrasound done, his features were so boyish it was almost obvious even without seeing the goods, but I was in denial).

We really would like this one to be a girl since we already have 2 boys between the two of us.  We have nailed down a girls name (we actually have 2 options we both like) but cannot for the life of us come to a boys name that we *love*.  Everything we come up with is just "I don't hate it" (and by everything, I mean 1 name).

That being said, this pregnancy is very different.  I had blood pressure issues with DS that had already started creeping up by this point, but everything seems to be holding steady on the lower end of normal.  I am about 10lbs down from where I was with DS at this point.  With DS I gained everywhere, and my face was huge, with this one it's all belly and I actually look like I've lost weight in other places, like my face).  The only similarity is the heartburn.  It was unbearable with DS, and it's unbearable now.  But I thought the old wives tale was heartburn was related to how much hair the baby had, not the sex.... (and DS was born with a FULL head of hair - which he never lost).
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I love this kind of stuff too. I really hope I'm able to have a third someday so I can be team green. But, I have a really strong intuition for some reason. With dd I had really pictured being a boy mom, but I knew as soon as that second line showed up that she was a girl. This time I really wanted another girl, so did dd and dh. But I knew he was a boy right from the start too. All the wives tales were scarily right for me too. Except for the heartburn one. My babies should be little wolf men for how much I have had, but dd was pretty bald and I'm sure ds will be too. 
  • Options
    I'm not team green but I want to play...I just 'knew' I was having a girl and I am.  "They" say a mothers intuition is the most accurate (non science) way to predict sex.
  • Options
    @CurlyMommy416 our boys are convinced this LO is a girl, yet they can only give us boy name suggestions.

DS has come up with these (and trust me, they are SOOO creative):
    Tom Brady or Tedy Bruschi  

At first he was leaning toward Tom Brady, but lately he's been heavily favoring naming LO Tedy Bruschi if it's a boy.  Gotta love 5 year olds.  At least it's not star wars suggestions.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @awillis13 lolol  I've actually trained my kids to "boo" any time they hear "Tom Brady"-  :#:# #Billsfan4life
  • Options
    @awillis13 I like where your DS's head is at!  Solid names.  
  • Options
    My dd thinks that every baby is named "Estie," which is her nickname for herself. She'll repeat the names we have chosen if I say them to her, but every time I ask her what she thinks we should name the baby... "Estie!"
  • Options
    This is my second team green baby. With DD I was so sure she was a girl that when she came out I didn't even ask the Dr. DH on the other hand was like so is it a girl or a boy?!? 

With DS we found out. 

From the beginning I've felt like this baby is a girl. It's a very similar pregnancy to DD (sickness, breakouts, higher HR) The only thing throwing me off is my cravings. I couldn't even look at meat when I was pregnant with DD but with DS and this one I really like meat. This baby will definitely be a surprise (even though Id still put money on a girl) I have purchased both boy and girl first picture outfits. 

• Options
    H has felt pretty much since the beginning that we're having a girl. We'll see if he's right! I haven't felt one way or the other. Sometimes I think I'm leaning girl, but I don't know if I really think that or if part of me just wants to have a girl first.
  • Options
    I think it is a boy, DH thinks girl. Most of our friends and family think boy. I have been so sure since +HPT that it was boy but now I've really got no clue! Can't wait to find out.
    Me: 36 DH: 37
    Married May 2013
    TTC #1: April 2016 (Mirena removed March 2016 after 2.5 years)a
    BFP #1: 10/14/16 - DD born 6/2017  <3
    TTC #2 November 2018 (Mirena removed October 2018 after 1 year)
    BFP #2 9/11/19 - EDD 5/24/20 - DD born 5/2020 <3
    TTC #3 May 2022 (Mirena removed after almost 2 years)
    BFP #3 11/24/23 - EDD 7/30/24

• Options
    My hubs had me convinced we were having a boy in the beginning.  Yep nope!  The old wives take olds true for me about heartburn and babies hair.  I started having terrible heartburn at 6 weeks.  Adeline came out with some crazy hair and it's getting longer.  She has eyelashes I'd kill for as well!  Lucky girl :-) 
  • Options
    I never thought I would be team green as it's more my personality to pursue information and plan.  DH on the other hand is very mellow and eschews information.  Go figure we flipped and I petitioned for team green; he eventually obliged to go along though if he'd had his way he would have found out.  I really have no feeling either way, which makes it feel a little weird that at some point I'll have a son or daughter, but right now it's just "baby" or "little one" to me.  Not a bad weird though, I'm really enjoying, somewhat to my surprise, not knowing.  I am also all over the map with the old wives tales, so no help there.  But fwiw, with the exception of my dad who's convinced I'm having a boy, everyone who offers unsolicited opinions has predicted girl.
    Me: 34, FTM, DH: 34
    BFP: 9/30/16, EDD: 6/9/17
  • Options
    Team green over here! My guess is boy because I've had so many boy dreams. I'm so excited to find out (but hope that baby stays on the inside a little longer)
  • Options
    Second time being Team Green and again no clue! Random strangers have said "it's a boy, right??". My son and H think it's a boy. Old wives tales say girl. 36 days to go!! 

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    My first instincts with my three others were all dead on, this time I have been soo torn. For the first half I had no clue, then around 20 weeks I started to "feel" girl, and I thought maybe this pregnancy and the one with my dd were closer than the ones with my boys. Up until two appointments ago when she told me the heartbeat and my head screamed "that's all boy" -- so I'm back to being absolutely torn. We have two girl and two boy names and seriously can't narrow it down for some reason. 
  • Options
    I am not team green, but with both pregnancies I was SO SURE that they were girls! Nope, both are boys. I think mom intuition is a joke. 
  • Options
    FTM here and I'm so sure it is a girl. I mostly think this bc my morning sickness was and still is awful. I've been craving sweets lately. Approximately 5 weeks until we find out! I would love to have a son though (although we're still trying to choose a boy name). I would be very shocked if it was a boy. 
  • Options
    We found out with DS but I "knew" early on he was a boy. It was just my gut feeling from the very early on.

With this one I go back and forth. Early on I kept thinking girl but now I'm kind of leaning towards boy. But I don't have that solid gut feeling like I did the first time around. A lot of the old wives tales point to girl and DH is convinced it's a girl as well. We'll find out soon enough!
  • Options
    I go back and forth weekly about whether it's a boy or girl but I am leaning towards boy. My sister just had her second girl so my family is convinced that I will have another boy. My pregnancies have been pretty similar with the only major differences being heartburn and a major sweet tooth. Can't wait to see either way. 8 weeks to go!
  • Options
    Do people keep asking you ladies if you are going to let it be a surprise if it is a boy or a girl? Or when you're going to find out? I've been asked this probably 10 times in the past month and I can't figure it out. The next time somebody asks I should tell them I have the answer sealed in an envelope and I'm going to open it on the way to the hospital or something absurd.
  • Options
    kyreno11 said:
    Do people keep asking you ladies if you are going to let it be a surprise if it is a boy or a girl? Or when you're going to find out? I've been asked this probably 10 times in the past month and I can't figure it out. The next time somebody asks I should tell them I have the answer sealed in an envelope and I'm going to open it on the way to the hospital or something absurd.
    People ask constantly, and then usually follow it up with whatever they guess it will be. 
  • Options
    kyreno11 said:
    Usually people ask when they find out for the first time I'm having a baby, moreso now that I'm showing a lot. I always say we're not finding out. For the most part, people are supportive and encouraging, but a few are annoying about how they "can't understand" why we wouldn't find out or "how can you shop" or whatever. Or my favorite, "Why don't you find out? It's a surprise either way."  Ummm ... ok. That's a lame argument. If it's a surprise either way, then it really doesn't matter when you find out. 
  • Options
    @kyreno11 yes I hate this! People are STILL asking at 35 weeks, "what baby is never cooperating?" Like it would be impossible that I could actually want it to be a surprise. 
  • Options
    Mport90Mport90 member
    Yep and then I'm like maybe they just don't realize I don't need another u/s or whatever so I try to be understandable but in my head I always so "no dumb ass"
  • Options
    @kfitz1900 and @Mport90 YES! I'm so glad I'm not alone. These people are so genuine but it seems so silly to me! I'm almost 36 weeks along.... I'm going to find out if it is a boy or a girl WHEN THE BABY IS BORN!  I couldn't decide if I'm around a lot of people that have no idea about the time line of pregnancy or what! 
  • Options
    4th time Team Green. I was right with the first 2 and totally wrong with our 3rd. I am going with girl because we have 3 girls.
  • Options
    Just got a feeling Monday that this is another boy (already have 1 son). No real reason why. Only differences between the pregnancies is im carrying much lower this time and I gave way more heartburn. These symptoms can be contributed to 2nd pregnancy and being a few years older. 
  • Options
    ama7165ama7165 member
    I don't have any feeling either way. This pregnancy is different than the last. My dh thinks it's a girl. And my 3 year old is convinced it's a little sister as he calls it her and by a girls name. I kinda think it's cute so many people have an option based on how I am carrying or other random old wives tales. We will find out soon!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I had a fleeting thought about finding out when my OB said I need a c-section, but then I figured what's the point now? may as well wait another 10 days or so...