September 2017 Moms

High Risk Check-In 4/25

Welcome to any new posters! This check in is for anyone diagnosed with a high-risk condition that needs increased monitoring or testing so that we can discuss our conditions and support each other. I'd like to pray for each of you in my daily prayers! If you're not comfortable, just leave it blank. 

How far along are you?

Why are you high-risk?

Any additional monitoring or testing this week?

Any concerns/news currently?

Anything I can pray for you specifically about right now? 

GTKY: When did you know your spouse/SO was "the one"?

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
Married in July 2014
TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
A1Cs:
1/12/16 6.7%
5/25/16 6.0%
11/2/16 6.1%
3/22/16 5.8%
4/27/17 5.4%
6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"

Re: High Risk Check-In 4/25

• How far along are you?
    20+4
    Why are you high-risk?
    I carry an antibody
    Monthly midwife appointment tomorrow and titer draw. 
    I spoke with one of the midwives last week regarding baby's hole in the heart.  The report stated it was very tiny and could not be seen at all angles.  Even if it does not close on its own there is nothing they would do about it because of how small it is.  Baby is completely healthy and perfect looking so far!
    N/A
    I think it was after we moved into our first apartment together.  I could tell what an amazing husband and father he was going to be because of the way he worked so hard for us and the way he treated me.
  • How far along are you?
    21w4d

Why are you high-risk?
    At risk for preterm labor due to short cervical length.

I have an appointment on Thursday for an ultrasound to check cervical length and see OB.

My OB put me on exercise restriction, but said I can still do everyday things like going to work, cooking, cleaning, etc. This weekend I decided it was ok to do some light yard work because it shouldn't be much different from cleaning the house. After weeding, planting some flowers, and spreading mulch on Sunday, I was completely exhausted and the next day my whole body was sore. I'm now worried that I did too much, but I'm hoping sore muscles are the only damage I caused. Crossing my fingers everything looks ok at my appointment this week.

Continued stability.

Four months after we started dating, I had hip surgery. My (now) husband was really great about helping me out for the six weeks I was on crutches - cooking meals for me, taking care of my dog, getting me groceries, driving me around, and cheering me up when I got stir crazy. I already knew he was a pretty great guy, but this sealed the deal.
  • Loading the player...

• How far along are you?

20+1
    Why are you high-risk?
    Bicornuate uterus, insulin resistant, previous MCs
    I have to monitor my blood pressure now. OB wants to make sure I am not developing pre-eclampsia.
    DH had to take me in to the doctor's this morning because I about passed out at work. Blood pressure spiked, saw stars, terrible pounding headache, and just couldn't breathe. My BP was back down to a normal level (128/87) by the time we got to the doctor's about an hour later. The tests came back with very low sodium as the cause.
    Prayers that my BP stays normal and for no pre-e would be much appreciated.
    Probably about 3-4 months into our relationship. (We still hadn't even had our first kiss yet.) I got really sick in college. The doctor never figured out what it ended up being, but I was bedridden for almost two weeks with a temp around 104-106F in spite of the hospital pumping me full of antipyretics and strong antibiotics. I was quarantined in a tiny little hospital room since the doctor didn't know what was the cause. Even though he wasn't allowed to come in to visit, DH would come by every day between classes and sit outside the window by my room so I didn't have to be alone. When I finally got better / was released, he picked me up from the hospital and had flowers, chocolate, and my favorite meal all waiting. He was so sweet and caring!
  • How far along are you? 21+1

Why are you high-risk? Type 1 DM,  MTHFR 

I had blood drawn last week for my appt today!

I had my endo appt today, and my A1c is down to 5.4!! I'm so SHOCKED. I think the lows from a month and half ago are still affecting the number. Because recently I've had spikes and I was worried! 

Just for me to get through this work week! I'm hurting so bad!

When we started dating, he asked permission for everything. The first kiss, for second base, etc. It was the first time a guy cared enough about me to do that. He also said I love you first!  He also volunteered to help my friends in times of need without me asking him to help (flat tire, dead battery). He's a gentleman and I love his caring heart!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs: