Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check-In: Week of April 24th

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Where do you live and what's the weather like for you these days?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check-In: Week of April 24th

• How far along are you? 26w6d

How big is baby? A bunch of kale. I don't eat kale so I have NO idea how big that is lol.

Appointments coming up? None until my glucose test and rhogan (gam?) shot next week.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I'm sick. Like upper respiratory sick. This weekend was miserable and was my family shower. Luckily I have years of executing events hungover so I know how to suck it up and smile through it. However, when I started to get a fever I got worried. If it had been just me I would have been fine but was I harming my baby? Urgent Care was great but I, of course, didn't have a fever at the time but we ruled out strep and the flu. I ended up calling our after hours line late Saturday night wondering if a 101 fever was harmful. Long story short they wanted the doctor to make that call, or send me to the ER, but the OB on call was very nice and assured me that I wasn't harming the baby and to just keep taking tylenol. So that whole experience did a number on me emotionally. Today, no fever but I still feel icky. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Holy cow, third tri is next week, scary and exciting all at once. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: I don't think I have any this week! Well, at this moment at least. 

GTKY: Where do you live and what's the weather like for you these days? I live in Iowa and Mother Nature appears to be off her meds. Sunny and 80 today, 50 and rain on Wednesday. I'm ready for the days where the sun is here to stay!
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • Hi!  I'm new-- cautiously joining (It's still so new)

How far along are you?
    4 weeks (I took a home pregnancy test yesterday)

How big is baby? According to the Bump, baby is the size of a poppy seed

Appointments coming up? 5 weeks 1 day (Next week Tuesday, to meet with an NP and confirm pregnancy--hopefully with a blood test to look at my HCG levels)

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I'm a mixed ball of feelings.  Today marks the 3 month anniversary when I was told that I was going through an MMC (12 weeks).  I'm still grieving over my recent loss and I'm terrified about being happy for this BFP result.  I'm just so scared about it resulting in another loss.  Hopefully my appt next week will help relieve some of this anxiety and worry.  Physically, I'm tired.  I've been napping a lot and sometimes it's so hard to concentrate. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Right now, I'm just looking forward to my first scan and praying that I make it to my second trimester..one step at a time

Rants/Raves/Questions: No rants this week.  I am thankful for this BFP!  It's been a long time since I've had some good news.  I just need to learn how to cope and keep myself optimistic.  Any advice on how to cope and deal with anxiety (and constant worry) is greatly appreciated. 

GTKY: Where do you live and what's the weather like for you these days? I'm in California.  The weather has been a little strange.  It goes from warm and sunny to cold and rainy.  California needs the rain, so I'm thankful for it, but I sure miss the sun. 

@byrneme I hope you feel better soon!
    **~About Me~**
    Married: 06/13/16
    BFP: 10/25/16     MMC: 01/24/17 (12 weeks)
    BFP: 04/23/17     Due Date: 01/01/18
  • Loading the player...
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme Someone told me that at 27 weeks we're really in the 3rd trimester b/c you're then in your 28th week.  I don't know if that's true or not, all I know is either way I'm either in or really close to the 3rd trimester which is equal parts exciting and terrifying!

How far along are you? 
    27w1d

How big is baby? Head of cauliflower (but 14.5 inches long, which is the measurement that continues to amaze me, getting so big!)

Appointments coming up? 5/2 for glucose test, blood work, rhogam shot, the works

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Emotionally doing well.  Feeling a lot of movement, got the nursery painted (thanks mom and DH!) over the weekend, ordered curtains and a rug.  Really not much to do in terms of getting ready now that I can do until after my shower which is in early June.  Need to start reading the baby books more and have birthing classes in mid-May.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Really hoping to pass the glucose test.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Getting tired super easily again.  Trying to enjoy the nice weather and go for walks, but it's tough!

GTKY: Where do you live and what's the weather like for you these days? I'm in Michigan. I'm hoping we've finally turned the spring corner (although spring tends to last for a whole week or 2).  It's been really nice the past few days, lots of rain in the forecast though!  Thought it was supposed to be April showers??
  • @CPR79 - yes! Technically at 26 lunar weeks you are in your third tri, isn't that crazy? I have a book a friend bought me that details out your pregnancy and what's happening day by day and I've been 'in' my third tri for a week now. However, I stick with the 28 because I'm also not wanting to rush this. I've been pinning the you-know-what out of things, I need to start reading them!!

@laurenjt808 welcome and congrats on your BFP! Your thoughts are all rational and to be expected - we all have them. I love your positive outlook. Anyone on this board is here to help/try and calm anxiety when that PGAL brain kicks in. Cheers to a happy and healthy 9 months!
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • edited April 2017
    @laurenjt808 Congrats! and sorry for your previous loss. It is just one step at a time and you'll get there!

How far along are you? I will be 12w tomorrow

How big is baby?  A plum or 2.1 inches

Appointments coming up? The longest 3 weeks are finally almost over. Midwife for first appt/HB. Then Friday, MFH for nuchal/bloodwork. And it's my bday tomorrow so I am praying for the best bday ever. This baby is the only gift I want. Her (I'm pretty sure) to be alive and healthy.

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? I've moved out of anxiety and am ready to face the days. Physically, I feel less barfarific and seem to be able to control my eating better. I've already gained almost 5 pounds and I'm not one of those "needed to" people. Maybe a little less tired. Hope this doesn't mean anything but good stuff.

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? These appts this week.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rant: Mean people on the internet. Why? I just don't get it. Can you be a nice person in real life and mean on the internet? I would say that just makes you a mean person.

GTKY: Where do you live and what's the weather like for you these days? I live in Maryland and while it seemed like things were warming up, it is pouring out. Which is fine but that means we should all be napping and not at work.

Ts&Ps for all of you!

Edit: Does anybody know how to make your siggy a "spoiler" instead of showing on every post?
    *****Losses Mentioned*****BFP MENTIONED*****ALL WELCOME******ALL ABOARD!!

Me: 42, DH: 46, Married: 11/12
    Losses: MMC#1 11/12 BO, MC#2 11/13 at 8w BO?, MMC#3 8/14 chromo healthy M @12 weeks, stopped growing at 10.
    Negligible AMH, FSH finally went high. Pursued DE.

DD born at 38w2d on 5-27-16. Finally!!

Pregnant again with OE. EDD 11/9/17 Girl!

BabyGaga
  • How far along? 24 weeks +1 day

How bug is baby? I think about 1lb according to FF. Not sure, somewhere around there.

Appointments coming up?
    Tomorrow! 24 week U/S appointment just to measure baby growth, then 25 week with my OB, 26 week for glucose, and 28 week another growth U/S. My doctor said he's doing growth every 4 weeks from now on as his standard after 2 losses. I'll take the pictures, slightly nerve racking having so many U/S but my belly is growing, so I have that confidence to know baby is too at least. 

How are you feeling?
    Great, still in the 2nd trimester happy phase. Round ligament pain on my right side when I run, but my belly belt helps a ton with that. I just take it easy. 

Next milestone?
    27/28 weeks for 3rd trimester and viability and then 32 weeks to when the baby could be born and have a 85/90% probability of survival. 

Rants/Raves: I'm jealous of people who get to vacation to Zika infested tropical areas for a discount right now. We did it last year, got the deal of a lifetime for PR. I hope it's still a problem next year so we can take advantage of the amazing Mexico deals on top of the fact Mexico is already pretty reasonable to vacation to... my other 2 kids will be 3 & 5 so they travel well already, I'm super excited for the baby but do realize travel will be tricky- but baby will be free at least :-). 

Wearher by me? I live in the northeast, it's going to
    be 70's and 80's the next few days. It's rained a lot so I'm ready for the warm and sunshine. Looking forward to beach weather coming up in late May & June!!!