September 2017 Moms
Options

Weekly Ticker Change - 4/24 to 4/30

This thread is for updating everyone on the day you change to a new week. For example, If your ticker changes on Tuesday, you can answer the bold questions on Tuesday. (If you forget, just post of whatever day you remember.) Everyone, feel free to comment and make conversation with those not in your daily ticker change!

When is your ticker change day?

How far along are you? 

How big is your baby (babies)? 

Team Pink/Blue/Green (if you know)?

Any upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite birthday (as a kid or as an adult).
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Weekly Ticker Change - 4/24 to 4/30

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 Aww thanks! Yesterday I saw one of my friends that I haven't seen in about two weeks and she commented that I'm starting to look really cute, and I thought that was an adorable way to note someone's belly without using "big" or "huge."
    And I do sleep with a pillow between my knees, so maybe it's time to try out the chiropractor. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs yup! Chiro time! Do you have one you like already or will you have to find one?
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 I have one that does everyone around here. He gives the college's employees a discount so we only pay a normal copay instead of the 50% that our insurance doesn't cover. :)  And I know he does pregnant ladies, so it's just a matter of making an appointment.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs yay! Hope you get some relief!
  • Options
    +1 for prenatal massage! I haven't been yet this pregnancy but I have one booked in a couple weeks. I can't freakin wait
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    @mrsmarygs Definitely a chiropractor. They make such a big difference! Hope you feel better!
  • Options
    Wednesday

How far along are you?  
    18 weeks!

An artichoke

We'll find out on Saturday  :)

Had a quick one yesterday for a blood test, and we're getting an elective ultrasound this weekend

The lower back and hip pain is sooo real but i finally got some of my energy back. As far as cravings, anything spicy!! I always enjoy it in the moment and regret it as soon as the heartburn hits.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    I'm just so excited to find out baby's sex! The wait has been killing me.

I think 21 was one of my favorites, not for all of the typical reasons but I went to this really fun outdoor music festival with all of my favorite people and it was such a good time. Good music, no drama and no worrying about whether my fake ID would get accepted  ;)
  • Options
    Megane15Megane15 member
    edited April 2017
    Thursday

How far along are you? 
    19 Weeks

Gameboy or Crepe Suzette (Yuuummmm) 

We find out Monday!!!

A/S on Monday, super excited to find out what we have in there and to make sure that everything is healthy! Then my regular 20 Week appointment on Wednesday.

Nope, Baby Brain even seems to be getting better (or I've just gotten used to not being able to think)

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Rave: Finally booked a place for a shower and picked out nursery theme for boy or girl, finally it seems like things are moving along.

For my 25th Birthday we had all of our friends and some family over to the house and just had a nice laid back party and that was a really fun time.  No drama, no leaving the house, minimal planning just great people and junk food.

ETA: change Rant to Rave and add additional appointment.  I guess Baby Brain has no gotten any better....
  • Options
    Thursday

How far along are you? 
    19 Weeks

Mango?

We find out on Wednesday. 

Ultrasound on Wednesday, regular monthly appointment on Thursday 

No -- the hip pain and back pain continue to be difficult, particularly at night. At this point I've tried yoga, prenatal massage, pillow between the legs, getting up from my desk more frequently from work. Nothing is really helping. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
     So we live 6+ hours away from our closer and more reliable family members. Since we relocated two years ago, we don't have too many close friends where we live now, and the friends we are close with have young children themselves. I'm really concerned about what we are going to do with DS (2.5 yrs) when I go into labor. His daycare is open from 7 AM - 6PM, but if I go into labor in the middle of the night we may be in a tricky spot. My nightmare situation is that I will have to go it alone if we are unable to find someone to watch DS. 

My 20th or so birthday my husband, then boyfriend, surprised me with a black pearl pendant and a handwritten ocean themed poem. The real surprise was a day trip he planned to the coast -- at the time a 10 hour round trip drive. This spontaneity was unusual for us, and I love spending time near the ocean. 

• Options
    When is your ticker change day? Thursday

How far along are you? 
    20weeks

How big is your baby (babies)? a paper plane

green

Any upcoming appointments this week? nope just had the AS. now have to wait forever to meet with the Dr

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings?  lucky charms. I've learned the chocolate ones are not as good as the regular ones.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  just raving that I'm halfway! Bought new birkenstocks for summer so I'm happy about that!

when I turned 14 my parents got me tickets for my first rock concert. I got to go with 2 of my friends and it was amazing!
  • Options
    When is your ticker change day? Thursday

How far along are you? 21

How big is your baby (babies)? Endive

Team Pink/Blue/Green (if you know)? Green

Any upcoming appointments this week? Tomorrow

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Mostly the same 24/7 queasiness and some dry heaving. 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  Rant? I'm MF tired of DS not wanting to get into his car seat consistently. 

GTKY: Tell us about your favorite birthday (as a kid or as an adult). My husband surprised me for my 30th and flew out my best friend from high school and his wife for a visit. It was amazing. 
  • Options
    @Carebella omg the car seat battle is ridiculous! DS is normally pretty good but when he decides he's not sitting down, it's the most frustrating thing!
  • Options
    CarebellaCarebella member
    edited April 2017
    @MyNamesTaken He was good for about 4 months and then it became hell. He's gotten better but the not knowing makes every trip stressful so I always try to limit outings to one stop. Made the mistake of two stops today and it's almost going on an hour now. I could force him... but I have no desire to have a physical battle and/or hear crying and screaming the whole way home. 
  • Options
    Friday (TGIF, Y'all!!!!)

How far along are you? 
    21 wks

The size of a Least Weasel.

Team Healthy ftw

None this week.

Nothing really new, but last week was the week I became sure that the spasms I've been feeling were really the LO kicking me in the bladder. Fun times!

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Where, oh where has my waist gone! I'm a curvy woman, but I'm used to being an hourglass. Now I'm am apple.. people (women, who I know) have been coming up to me and asking if I am pregnant. It's get to be offensive, but it's apparently getting obvious.

My now-husband and I took our first cruise over my birthday a few years ago. At the captain's reception, he was told (not by us) that it was my birthday and he sang me Happy Birthday in front of everyone. It was actually quite endearing and special.
  • Options
    Friday
    How far along are you? 
    22 weeks
    Coconut!
    Blue
    Just had one yesterday, I go back again on 5/11.
    Except for last night, my insomnia has been much better this week, so I'm happy about that. No other symptoms of note.
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    I'm really happy that my cervical length has now remained stable for 3 weeks, so my anxiety about preterm labor can ease up a little bit.
    Not sure if I have a favorite, but my last birthday (36) was pretty great. It was my first birthday at a new job, so the day before my birthday (I was going to be out of the office on the actual day), my coworkers surprised me with a cake and a little party. It was really sweet. Then my husband and I went to Chicago for the weekend and it was really nice to spend the whole day together on my birthday, see the sites, and eat some amazing food.
  • Options
    Apparently I never did this... fail. I'm too lazy to do it now... maybe next week.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @wyomama0427 our AS is on the first!!! Here's to maybe finding out gender this week for both of us! 
  • Options
    Saturday 

How far along are you? 
    20 weeks

A banana

Team Blue! 

I had my a/s and an OB appt in the last 2 weeks so nothing until the end of May. 

Nope! Still nauseous a lot, but there are more better days then there used to be.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    Nope

Since my birthday is in the summer back in the day my mom used to rent a van and take me and like 7 friends to Cedar Point. Every year it was so much fun. 

• Options
    Saturday
    How far along are you? 
    19 Weeks
    Mango
    Team We Find Out May 1st! 
    A/S on may 1st 
    Nope
    Rants/Raves/Questions?  
    I am just really over my HG symptoms. I want my blood pressure to stay normal so I can do things. I am just really over low blood pressure right now... 
    My 30th! My husband took me to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter... I geeked out majorly!! :)