September 2017 Moms

Bitchfest 4/24

happy Monday all, what's your complaint today? 

No GIf because the BGs still haven't fixed it, and there's my bitch for the day. I can't GIF.  :angry:

Re: Bitchfest 4/24

• Loading the player...
  • @wyomama0427 I'll send you some of my coffee! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mrsmarygs you're the best!! 
  • @Megane15 I'm sorry about your trip.  I went to Disney in January, I was about 6w pregnant.  But, it wasn't the middle of mosquito season and I was comfortable based on the CDC website info at the time. Hopefully, the amount of cases will go down drastically this year (I just checked the CDC website, and I found it interesting that NY had almost as many cases as FL, but I've never really heard anything about it previously.  Maybe it was mostly cases picked up from traveling, rather than locally?).  

Is there another place that you can go, assuming you didn't already sink the money into the Disney trip?
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @Megane15 I'm sorry your doctor is so nervous about it! I live 2 1/2 hours from Disney and we're going next month. I asked my doctor what she thought and she said it was perfectly fine. She was more concerned about me staying hydrated! No trip is risk free unfortunately. We switched resorts just in case. (We were staying at Fort Wilderness but it's a very woodsy area with lots of standing water. Definitely more chance of being bitten by a mosquito.) We're surrounded by risks every day unfortunately. I think I've seen more mosquitos where I live than I ever have in the parks at Disney!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• @labby18 Did you know that you can get a split mattress?  Your DH's side would be whatever he likes and you can pick your side.  Then you put them on a king box spring or stand and put normal king sheets on and it looks like a normal bed.  Might be a way to convince your DH.

@ColoradoHiker @LaceyC1020 Thanks for commiserating with me!  This would really be the only chance for a trip for us, just with the way dates and flights etc work out.  If DH really agrees with Dr and we cancel trip we will probably just stay home.  I get where the Dr. is coming from, but I also am not that concerned so I'll try and make my case one more time tonight.  Then i'll pout for a few days when I don't get my way haha.
  • labby18labby18 member
    edited April 2017
    @megane15 we don't like those haha. We'll probably need a sleep number. But I'm hesitant to spend that much on a damn mattress

Eta auto correct 
  • Megane15Megane15 member
    edited April 2017
    @labby18 Understandable!  We were not a fans either, but it is a good idea for people who seriously can't agree.

eta: for what its worth I have friends who bit the bullet and got a Sleep Number and absolutely LOVE it.  So although expensive everyone who has it says its worth it.  Its just annoying that it costs so much.
  • @mrs_tacos you can get a memory foam sleep number. We went to a store and tried all of them. We need to just get it. 
  • My parents have a sleep number and love it. If I'm not mistaken, there's a really long warranty/guarantee, 25 years maybe, so you get a lot of time out of it. 
    Me: 33 DH: 33
    Married: 10.15.16
    BFP: 12.24.16
    DS BD: 8.20.17
    TTC #2 1.1.19
    BFP #2 7.3.19
    EDD #2 3.13.20
  • Megane15 said:
    My BF is my Dr. (who is actually super awesome and I almost feel bad about this). We have the opportunity to go to Disney in July and this will be our last trip (and only trip this year) before baby. So we asked Dr about trip and Dr. said he does not advise we go to Florida.  He acknowledged that plenty of pregnant women live in Florida and there is a very low risk of Zika, and the CDC says Orlando is perfectly fine, but risk is still there and he cannot advise me that trip is risk free and therefore must advise against the trip.  My DH interpreted that as a solid "No", and I was thinking more along the lines of "wear bug spray". So IDK what were going to do and I am SUPER bummed.  Sorry for the rant, i'm just bummed.
    @Megane15 I live in Orlando, CDC is on top of it here :) As for Disney in July... I'd advise you to really take it easy. I came last summer prior to moving here and did Disney two days and it was ridiculously hot. It is a brutal heat here in the summer. HOWEVER... that shouldn't stop you. Get an off personal pod. put it on you, and head to Disney! Just keep in mind you will need to drink twice as much water as you think! Try and talk to DH about it. Maybe he will come around. 
  • edited April 2017
    @mrs_tacos I have a sleep number bed and it is great!! It's a king size and my SO can adjust the bed to his desired firmness and I adjust my side to mine. It really is amazing. 

ETA: but that is a whole lot of money to spend. I've had great sleeps on other much cheaper bed s too. Luckily most come with a limited return policy SO if you don't like it you could always take it back. 
  • @MyNamesTaken Is she a FTM? I'm surprised, none of my close friends even told immediate family/ friends before at least 7w or so!
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker