December 2017 Moms
Options

Anyone Else Sick?

I don't mean pregnancy sick. I mean full on cold/flu nastiness?  Ugh this has been what feels like one of the worst colds I've ever had.  My BF and roommates have been super awesome and I'm very grateful for them right now.  I'm on day 5 and really ready for this thing to go away! I've heard some people I work with have a virus and it is sticking around for about 2 weeks.  PLEASE let me not have that!!  I have been confined to the couch for two days.  And while pregnancy has slowed me down with MS and all its assorted fun, I try not to be a couch potato so these past two days have been excruciating. 

Re: Anyone Else Sick?

• Options
    NME44NME44 member
    I'm not sick at the moment, but I did get HFM in my first tri of my pregnancy with DD. Not being able to take all the normal meds was definitely rough! Hope you feel better soon!
  • Options
    @NME44 oh that sounds like no fun!  And thank you!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    baevnbaevn member
    Ya I have a cold it has been manageable with humidifiers, tea and lemon and honey. It sucks for sure but rest lots and hopefully it will pass soon!
  • Options
    lablover920lablover920 member
    edited April 2017
    I have had a wicked cold for a week now. I think it's a sinus infection. Congestion is an understatement. Humidifier, tea & rest! Hope you're feeling better soon! It's hard enough with the pregnancy exhaustion! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Add me to the awful cold club. Humidifier helps but honey makes me nauseous so I can't even really do the homeopathic remedies! :'(
  • Options
    I had a horrendous cold for about 5-6 days around 5 weeks.  It was brutal and I was so concerned it was going to harm the baby. Maybe newly pregnant moms get sick because immune resources are being used for pregnancy instead of fighting off germs?
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  I've had lots of warm/hot soup (chicken noodle) and popsicles.  And TONS of rest. I hardly moved off the couch yesterday.  I've been taking hot showers just for the steam since we don't have a humidifier. And I think you're right @justsuzie.  I'm sure the season change doesn't help any either! The weather has been absolutely wack-o here too.  All these things are enough on their own to make anyone sick and add being pregnant, I'm sure it is/was a perfect storm.  Hope those of us that aren't feeling well, whether if be cold/fl or MS, feel better soon!!