December 2017 Moms
Options

Have you had experience with this? Worried

I had my first check up a few days ago and based on my last period that put me at 6w6d pregnant. They did an initial ultrasound and found the gestational sac, but no evidence of the embryo. The doctor said it could just be that I'm earlier along than I thought. I go back in a week to get a full ultrasound. I'm really worried this could be a miscarriage. Has anyone every experienced this? Results? Positive or negative. I'm trying to stay positive, but my mind keeps going to the worst case scenario. This would be our second child and didn't have this issue last time. 

Re: Have you had experience with this? Worried

• Options
    Was their a yolk sac identified? Sometimes they can hide behind the yolk sac.

It also could be that your dates are wrong  (unless you did IVF). Some people ovulate way later than they thought they did and are actually earlier than they assumed (and wouldn't see an embryo anyway on the first scan).

I am kind of going through the same thing but they saw a yolk sac and too small embryo. They initially thought it was hiding behind the yolk sac at 6 weeks 4 days US. But, at my next US, the embryo had doubled in size without a heartbeat. I still have to wait another week to fully learn whats going on.
    Me: 34

TTC: 40 months
    Me: endometrial polyps and most recently diagnosed with polypoid endometrium. Mild endometriosis. AMH 4.5. FSH 9.2. TSH 8.5 (recently started synthroid) Everything else normal.
    DH: now an exDH. lol. JUST MEEEEE!
    IVF #1: ER 3/11/17 (5 fertilized) ET 3/16/17 BFP (B#1-113, B#2-534, B#3-3190) MC @ 8 weeks
    TTC with just donor soon!
  • Options
    I've never experienced this but I'm so sorry you mommies are struggling prayers as hugs to you both.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm going through this too. 

5weeks 1 day- gestational sac
    6weeks 1 day- yolk sac
    7weeks 1day- small embryo with tiny flicker of a heartbeat. 

Dr said the do is wait for another US to see if there is a weeks worth of growth. I have had progression from week to week but not matching up with my LMP date even though I known my dates are accurate because I tracked. From what I've learned it is 50/50 with outcomes. Some catch up with growth and others miscarry. Good luck. I know what you are going through. 
  • Options
    My experience this time around has been close to the same as @justsuzie I have another ultrasound Monday.
    For each of my other pregnancies I've always found out super early (usually not lining up with my lmp) because I ovulate late. I wouldn't worry a ton yet. Wait for your bloodwork and next ultrasound. Fx for you momma!
  • Options
    @missbmama when is your next apt? My dr wouldn't give me any clue which way she thought my pg would go so I'm just waiting in limbo until Thursday.  She said she had her fingers crossed. Ugh. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie not until May 8th my midwife was sending me in for HCG draws but called after my first and told me it was so high that she didn't need to see it double. She said I needed to just go to this ultrasound on Monday and hopefully we will see a fetal pole with a measurable heartbeat. It's so hard to know that I have super high numbers and it's still a waiting game.
  • Options
    @missbmama Good luck to you on Monday.  The waiting limbo is definitely the worst.  Positive thoughts your way.
  • Options
    They didn't say there was a yolk sac, so I'm not sure. Maybe I am earlier along than they thought. I'm so sorry for everyone else going through this. Thank you so much for the support. Keep me posted on how everything goes. Sending so much love your way. 
  • Options
    I went in for spotting when I was 5+6 based on LMP with DS and only saw the gestational sac. The doctor told me that it could go either way. I went back a week or so later and there he was with a strong hb. My due date ended up getting pushed back 7 days because I tend to have long cycles and wasn't nearly as far along as LMP predicted. I'll be thinking of you tomorrow, and hoping for the best! 
  • Options
    Thanks for the support. I don't go for another ultrasound until May 1st. The wait time and not knowing has been tough. How is everyone else doing? 
  • Options
    My EDD is very different from my u/s, so I am in a similar boat. The waiting is the hardest. I can't give advice, but wanted to reach out.
  • Options
    @tdc1125 holy meatballs, I would not have been OK with that drama. I hope the two weeks go quickly for you!
    TCC since Feb 2013
    No, I'm not an early bird, but that doesn't mean I'm a night owl.... I guess I'm an afternoon duck?
    Type A personality, Type B body
    First BFP with donor sperm 04/11/2017
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @tdc1125  OMG what an emotional week of ups and downs for you. It sounds like things are looking good and I really hope that continues for you!