October 2017 Moms

AMA 35+ check in 4/22

Sorry, I was in denial yesterday about break being over and having to go back to work on Monday!!!

1. Any appointments this past week or coming up?

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet?  

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news?

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? 

Re: AMA 35+ check in 4/22

• 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? My NT scan is on Monday!

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet?  oh, God, yes. I had to announce two weeks ago cause I couldn't hide it any more. 

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? They've been happy for us. DS is 2.5, so most have said they were wondering whether we'd have another 

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? We live in a small town in Nova Scotia. I love that we're back in the Maritimes, as opposed to where we were out west. We're close to the ocean and have dozens of beaches within an hour's drive. Lots of things to do in the summer and we're always outside. I find the winter hard, mostly because we're in a small town without many inside things to do. 
  • Hi this is my first post/reply :)
    1. Any appointments this past week or coming up?
    I'll see my dr for the 2nd time and possibly be scheduling an ultrasound with geneticist. It'll actually be my 3rd ultrasound (free clinic was the first). I'm just 16 weeks and I'm a lil worried about having more ultrasounds than normal (?)
    I can sure tell but no else can
    Positive :) Also, women always ask can I "sense" if it's a boy or girl. Lol
    4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? 
    It's been nice here north of LA. Had a couple lovely beach walks lately. Supposed to be in 90s tomorrow tho so I may have to find some a/c..
  • Loading the player...
  • PS I'm 36... but what is AMA?
  • @bri5555 AMA means advanced maternal age. It's what they call all of us "older" mamas. :smile:
  • 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? OB appt this wed

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet? A small one except for when I am full  :#

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? People have been super excited for us! 

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? I live in NJ. I love that I can go to several parks/hiking trails within a short drive. I enjoy having 4 seasons. It's also nice that the beach isn't too far and neither is NYC. My least favorite thing is the cost of living!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up?
    Nope
    Yup! I officially told work but I'm still hiding it from my customers. Poppedqay sooner this time around
    3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? Very positive! I don't think we are doing a social media announcement this time around, so just casually telling people in person or via text.

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? SoCal has been really nice lately! We live 10 mins from the beach so we go there a lot. It's typically nice weather so a lot of our time is spent outside.@bri5555 it's supposed to be hot here too and we don't have A/C! Heading to the beach I think 

@WRWrunnergirl back to work? Bummer! Were you on vacation?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • 1  No appointments

2  I only have a bump if I sleep on my back and wake up with a full bladder. It's really cute but disappears when I stand up tho...

3 I announced yday on fb and everyone is in total shock as I'm 40 and everyone assumed I didn't want kids :)

4 I live at the foot of Mont Blanc in France and I love all mountain sports (skiing, climbing, hiking, biking, paragliding etc) and here is a mecca for crazy sports lovers so i LOVE the fact that there are sooooo many inspirational and sporty mums showing me how to still have fun and enjoy the mtns after baby gets here :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
  •  Just a question. There is a whole other board for mom's age 35 and up but it is very in active. Literally I commented on two things on April 4 and no one has commented on any of the top friends since then. Are you guys on that board to? 
  • @joforyoga no for that exact reason! I am hoping this check-in remains active because I love the idea of an AMA group.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Why I even stopped looking at it!
  • Hi...just joined recently!
    1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? I had an ob and endocrinologist appointment this past week. Heart rate was 138...love hearing it! Started on insulin for diabetes (diagnosed early due to 12 week blood work and failing 2 hr glucose test) and increased my thyroid meds because it was way out of range. 

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet?  A small one. 

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? Everyone is happy...my son is 5.5 now so it has been a long time coming for #2.

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? It is getting warmer here. I love it, but my allergies are kicking in which doesn't help me. 
  • keiraannekeiraanne member
    edited April 2017
    1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? Nope, not this week.

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet? Apart from bloating at the end of the day? Nope, no bump yet.

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? No one knows yet apart from our midwife and ultrasound technician. We haven't told anyone. I'm only just shy of 13 weeks, and it's really nice to have a secret that's just ours.

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live? What are your favorite/ least favorite things? We live in Victoria, BC and there's nothing I don't love about it. It's a big enough city but with a small-town feel, we are surrounded by ocean on three sides and it's blooming beautifully everywhere. We've got hiking and lots of other outdoor activities close by, but Seattle and Vancouver are nearby if we need a dose of the big city.
  • 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? None this week. Next appointment is 5/3 

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet?  Nope. I have a bigger belly after a big meal. Still in my regular clothes. I figured by now I'd have one. Especially being almost 16 weeks with #3. 

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news?  Very excited and happy. Some shocked since my youngest child is 6. 

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things?  It's Texas. Not born here, but I've been here for about 12 years now. The weather here can never make up its mind. I teach Ballet when I'm not at my 8-5. 
  • 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? Had one last week. We saw the heartbeat during the ultrasound at 8 weeks but this is the first time I got to hear it :) 

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet? I never lost the bump from my previous pregnancies!

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? People have been happy but since this is number eight in 14 years, no one seems surprised or even particularly excited. Just pleasantly polite/happy about the news?

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live? What are your favorite/ least favorite things? I live in a very small town in the mountains of western North Carolina. It is absolutely beautiful here and I love the weather and the four seasons. I grew up near Baltimore so I love that people know each other here and that there's more nature than buildings. I think one of the harder things is that the area is struggling economically so a lot of families are moving away and chances are, my children will have to move away to find work once they are adults. 
  • shan24shan24 member
    edited April 2017
    @keiraanne SO lived in Victoria for awhile and he says it's his favourite place to live!  
  • @lola4411 - I'm a teacher so I was off this past week for Easter.  So can't believe I go back tomorrow.  But I'll be done in early June and plan on staying home with baby next year! 

@keiraanne - I loved being able to keep the news to ourselves for a while!  

I also live that we have mommas across North America and abroad!!

@lizgirlie - Sounds beautiful where you live!!

• 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up?  
    I went to visit a birthing center / all midwife practice.  As long as the pregnancy stays low risk, I think I'm going to switch to them.  

Mostly it's just bloat that looks like a bump if I don't suck it in!  I'm getting pretty thick through the middle, so I'm thinking as baby grows in the next week or two, that maybe there will be some rounding.  I'll be 16 weeks tomorrow.  

Everyone has been excited to hear our news!!

I'm originally from Buffalo.  While I miss people and the food, I don't miss the weather!  I don't like being cold.
    (Although, funnily enough, I found out I was pregnant while in Buffalo in January!).
    I moved to Charlotte, NC 12 years ago.  Ice moved several time since then and am now about 45 minutes from there.  I'm in a fairly rural and mountain-y area, very close (walking distance) to a couple state and national parks, so it's pretty and quiet where we are.  I wish I was a little closer to town and grocery stores, etc.  But we're a couple/several hours from either the mountains or ocean for vacation, so that is nice.  
  • WRWrunnergirl When did you start to tell people? We're expecting the results of our Panorama test back any day now, so hopefully by the end of this week we'll be able to start telling family, etc.
  • @WRWrunnergirl Where are you in NC? We're in Transylvania county, about an hour southwest of Asheville. 
  • 1. Any appointments this past week or coming up? I have an intake with the new OB/GYN's office, just meeting with the nurse to go over my health history.

2.  Anyone have an actual bump yet?  I'm a plus-size gal, so I don't expect to see a bump for quite a while.  My pants are fitting differently though.

3.  What have been people's reactions when you've shared your news? Mostly happy, though nobody had met my boyfriend yet, so a bit surprising too.

4. GTKY: What's it like where you live?  What are your favorite/ least favorite things? I live in Olympia, WA, which is on the west side of the state.  Today, it was announced that this winter has been the wettest on record.  So, I'm ready for that to be done and for some sun.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • keiraanne said:
    WRWrunnergirl When did you start to tell people? We're expecting the results of our Panorama test back any day now, so hopefully by the end of this week we'll be able to start telling family, etc.
    @keiraanne - We officially announced two weeks ago (after my 14 week appointment).  We told our families at 12 weeks (mostly because some of them can't keep news to themselves!).  Before that, only my sister and another close friend knew.  
  • KSweet said:
    @WRWrunnergirl Where are you in NC? We're in Transylvania county, about an hour southwest of Asheville. 
    We are in Cleveland County, about 2 hours southeast of Asheville.