October 2016 Moms
Options

feeding routine

would you mind sharing your feeding routine? I feel like i'm doing something wrong because my babe hasn't been sleeping as well thru the night lately.  she is 17 lbs and has: bottle at 8am - oatmeal and fruit around 10ish.. bottle at 12pm, bottle at 4pm, bottle at 8pm.  7 ounces in each bottle.  my friend suggested adding oatmeal and a veggie around 5:30 p.m. thoughts?

Re: feeding routine

• Options
    My LO is still fighting solids, but he has a bottle every 3.5-4 hours 8oz morning and bedtime bottles, 7oz throughout daytime bottles. If his bedtime is earlier or later than usual, I'll top him off with 4-6oz if it's been 2 hours or more since he's eaten so he goes to bed with a full belly, that's worked beautifully for us so far :)
  • Options
    thanks, she has 7 ounces before bed and wakes up at like 1am rolling around making so much noise.. last night i had to take her out and rock her back to sleep just so I could rest! 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

@deecee9580 do you mind posting questions like this in the FTM questions thread? I'm just trying to keep the board neat and I think it's easier for everyone to keep track of things when they're bundled together nicely. 

That being said (and I hope it didn't come off as rude or unwelcoming in any way!), your feeding routine sounds pretty similar to ours except LO only does 5 oz per bottle and we have been doing veggie/something savory plus rice cereal for dinner around 6pm.

This is only when we have him at home on weekends.  When he is with his great grandma during the week he eats. all. day. So I can't say he is truly on a routine.  As long as your LO is gaining and doesn't seem super hungry all the time, I say just keep on doing what you're doing.  Of course, if you have specific dietary questions you should ask your LO's pedi

• Options
    of course and thank you very much for responding. I think i need to add something before the 8pm bottle in hopes it will help her sleep.