September 2017 Moms
Options

Crossed ankles

hi ladies!! I just posted my intro. I had been lurking till I got approved to post! So excited I get to now. 

But i I have a question.. who's lo had ankles crossed during ultrasounds? My first never did my last two did. During our scan with our 3rd at 17ish weeks the cord was also there but we saw a penis. With my 4th scsnat same gestation we only saw 3 lines no cord in wY and tech gave us a 90% guess. She was very kind to let us come back next week. 

So do those who have had a scan with crossed ankles did they give you a guess? Did you get a picture proof? Our tech didn't print that shot.

thanks for you help!

Re: Crossed ankles

• Options
    Sugargirl1019Sugargirl1019 member
    edited April 2017
    Mine had crossed ankles but we were able to tell/Confirm the NIPT results.

I was also given the "proof" shot.  :# I trusted yall.. I don't need my daughters genitalia hanging on the fridge! But there we have it.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    How many weeks were you at the scan? Could you see 3 lines with the legs crossed?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    20 weeks, and yes. Quite plainly.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    I have NEVER seen white lines with any of my previous pregnancies. And the tech knew we already had 3 boys. So I keep going back to that. I don't think she'd say anything if she couldn't tell and for sure wouldn't say girl knowing we have 3 boys already. I know I only have to wait 1 more week for what hope will just confirm her 90% confirm at 17w4d. 
  • Options
    Mine lo's legs were crossed at 19 weeks and we saw no-doubt-about proof that we are having a boy. They printed it out for me....like @Sugargirl1019 said, I don't really need that photo on my fridge, but I've got it, lol! I think at 20 weeks, the tech should be able to tell really clearly.
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    awildroseawildrose member
    edited April 2017
    I have two girls and this baby is a boy. Their crotch shots were very different. The three lines definitely could NOT be mistaken for the penis shot we have of our son. Lol

edit. Forgot "not"
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • Options
    My LO's legs were crossed as well so it took awhile to get the shot, but I have that picture on CD. I also saw the three white lines, but they didn't show up on the picture that we were given. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    That's another thing... all my boys you knew!! It was very obvious even with our guy who had is legs crossed more with a cord. We got a quick glimpse but she wouldn't "confirm " but also se what we saw. This last one ankles were crossed not tightly I feel like and only saw 3 lines. But I can't get my head around that we maybe have a girl in there. Dh is 1 of 4 boys and out of 13 grandkids on husbands side 10 are boys. So I'm holding out hope
  • Options
    So what you ladies are saying is it sounds more like a girl. I saw nothing convincing that was a nub or sack. We saw only 3 white lines
  • Options
    mcdoug211mcdoug211 member
    edited April 2017
    During my anatomy she looked for a looong time and couldn't see anything, she had her legs crossed and like under her like a pretzel lol..the doctor came in to re check some measurements and found it really quick, 8 didn't see any lines like with my daughter but there was definitely nothing else there
  • Options
    So what you ladies are saying is it sounds more like a girl. I saw nothing convincing that was a nub or sack. We saw only 3 white lines
    There's no sac yet at 17 weeks. It's not fully grown until closer to 24 and the balls don't descend until then so don't assume girl just because there's no sac. 
  • Options
    At our last US, the tech said girl because you couldn't see any penis and there were three white lines. LO's legs were crossed during the US. We have our confirmation US on May 2 to verify baby is a girl.
  • Options
    There's no sac yet at 17 weeks. It's not fully grown until closer to 24 and the balls don't descend until then so don't assume girl just because there's no sac. 
    Oh I know that... I'm saying no "turtle" then I guess. Like I noted I have seen PLENTY of boys ultrasounds and all had a very prominent penis at this gestation age and never 3 white lines. That is why I'm questioning my scan. All my boy scans had a clear as day penis in the crotch shot. My scans were at 17-22 weeks for all my boys too. I just have never seen white lines. That's why I have a hard time saying girl and letting it sink in. 
  • Options
    ColoradoHikerColoradoHiker member
    edited April 2017
    Haha, my US tech with DS was like, "There's the turtle!"  There was zero question that he was a boy.
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Haha, my US tech with DS was like, "There's the turtle!"  There was zero question that he was a boy.
    Was you little guy crossed ankles too?
  • Options
    Our NT scan at 13w6d our DD had her ankles crossed.  We saw the "hamburger"/3white lines and it was confirmed the following week from Maternit21 test that baby is in fact a girl. I wouldn't say without a doubt that you are having a girl because there is always a possibility it's a boy,however my DS looked distinctly different at his NT scan and was clearly a boy. So there is a good possibility you have yourself a little girl this time :)
  • Options
    My LO's ankles/legs have been crossed or straight forward with every ultrasound we've had.  I did an elective at 14 weeks and found out she's a girl.  Like PPs said, it was quite obvious, compared to DS.  No mistake he was a boy.  This baby looks totally different, regardless of ankles and legs crossed.