September 2017 Moms
Options

Lovenox Question

Is anyone else on Lovenox? I was instructed by the nurse to pinch an inch on my stomach 2 inches from my belly button for my injections. This worked fine until now, at 18 weeks pregnant, it's really difficult to pinch any loose skin on my stomach. Are you guys finding new injection sites, or is it fine to not be able to pinch any skin for the shot on your stomach? I have 1 more week till I see the doctor again, but it's starting to become an issue now.

Re: Lovenox Question

• Options
    *** Pharmacist lurker from October 17 ***

Can you get a pinch on your love handle area? It doesn't HAVE to be by your belly button. EVEN A pinch on your under thigh or under arm would be okay spots.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    So I can go as far out as the side of my stomach and still be good? They said 2 inches from the belly button, so I was trying to stay in that area. I think I'll be able to get it on my side, thanks!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I'm on it--third pregnancy on it. I have to do the backs of my arms sometimes. I know what you mean about the stomach being difficult at this point. I have DH help too and that makes it easier
  • Options
    My husband did it further towards my love handles tonight, and it was much easier, thanks!
  • Options
    I'm on lovenox - my doctor said to use my upper thighs if necessary if I become too sore etc. on my stomach. I usually inject in the love handles, alternating sides, giving myself a quick jab once a day - and it helps with pain/soreness/ and bruising. Also ice pack before and after 5 - 10 minutes helps me (I'm very sensitive to shots). And waiting for the rubbing alcohol to dry a second or two before you jab. Good luck! 

• Options
    I'm also on it again. I fint the stomach and thighs less comfortable than the back of the arms or love handles. You really can use any sub Q injection site.  Make sure that you rotate because you will end up causing scar tissue if you keep poking the exact same place again and again. Some women find the stomach to be the best place but it will get more difficult to inject as you get larger. I had an image I wanted to post but  my application is a little bit wacky. If you Google subcutaneous injection sites, you can find other safe areas. 
  • Options
    Super old post, but now that I'm 36 weeks, I'm switching to Hepparin. Has anyone else made the switch to Hepparin? I don't know why, but it kind of freaks me out a little bit. Is it any different than Lovenox besides the twice a day thing?
  • Options
    Heparin has a shorter half-life and also has reversal agents. Lovenox lasts much longer and doesn't have any easy reversal agent. It is totally routine and normal to switch to heparin at this point :) I would be concerned if you didn't!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    Thanks @Sugargirl1019 I know it's totally normal to switch at this point, it's a completely irrational fear that I have. Anytime I start a new medicine, I just have this giant fear that somehow I'm going to have a bad reaction to the medicine. I wasn't sure if Hepparin would hurt more than Lovenox or anything like that. 
  • Options
    If anything, heparin doesn't burn like Lovenox does!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    That's good to hear, thanks @Sugargirl1019!
  • Options

I know this is an IVF photo, but after all of the Lovenox, heparin, RE blood tests, this is kind of how I feel.
  • Options
    How did the switch go? I find Heparin to be less painful but leaves much more bruising.
  • Options
    @BostonBaby1 That's exactly what I've noticed too.