September 2017 Moms
Options

PGAL check-in 4/19

How far along are you?

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise?

What's going on with you in other aspects of your life?

Any Questions? 

Baby related GTKY:  Do you have child care lined up for your little one already? 

NBR GTKY: Do you like cake or pie better? What is your favorite kind? 
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: PGAL check-in 4/19

• Options
    How far along are you? 19+6.... almost half way, eek! 

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? My anatomy scan is Friday, and I am pretty equal parts terrified/excited. I keep trying to remind myself that she looked perfect at 16 weeks, and that is usually a pretty great sign. I have been feeling better lately, but I'm so tired all the time. I think it's mostly because I can't get comfortable at night to sleep for long periods of time. 

Y'all... these animals. Prepare yourself to think I'm a terrible person, but being pregnant makes me not want pets. Except one. My shit-zu can stay no matter what, lol. The other three are driving me insane. I need that husky outside like yesterday. 

Any Questions? 
    Have any of you seen a chiropractor while pregnant? I know it's been discussed, but couldn't remember if anyone actually went... I'm having shooting pains through the middle of my back, and it just doesn't "feel" like anything a massage would help, you know? 

Baby related GTKY:  Do you have child care lined up for your little one already? 
    I have to admit this question is self serving. This has completely dominated my mind for the past week. I only need someone to keep her 2 days a week, but with DH's crazy work schedule those 2 days will rotate (this week he worked Mon/Tues, next week will be Wed/Thurs) BUT I think we finally found somewhere! They had one infant spot left for the fall, so she wrote us down and we'll sign paperwork over the summer. :) 

Definitely cake! And I'm so sad that pregnant me can't really eat it... yellow cake with chocolate icing is my favorite! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    How far along are you? 17+3

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? I can feel my ute a lot more now, especially if I wake up sleeping on my back my stomach is so hard..I think all my fat settles or something because it doesn't get AS hard when I'm awake, even if I lie on my back for a few minutes (part of me wonders if waking up on my back is a bad thing and that's why my ute is so tight....I'm trying so hard to sleep on my side!). Scooping up deals online to the point that my Canadian credit card got flagged for fraud since I hadn't used it in so long and went on a shopping spree (Tula on sale! and cloth diapers + accessories on sale! hey-yo :D )

holidays this week yay. a/s on monday, so that helps me not dread going back to work on Monday :D 

Any Questions? 
    I guess just the back sleeping thing...how bad is it? I already googled it though, so don't feel you need to respond here :P ...google says not to worry if you end up sleeping on your back since people didn't even know that "rule" for so. many. generations... but it also says to stop sleeping on your back from 16/17 weeks and beyond.

nope, but where I live we get more than a year leave between DH and I.

hmm... idk.. my first instinct would be to say cake, but I think that depends on the quality of cake/icing....so if we're comparing "average" cake to "average" pie, probably pie.... apple, lemon, pumpkin, rhubarb, ..... just not berry...the seeds wreck it for me :P

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    BFP #1 June 2016: EDD 16 March 2017, MC July 2016
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016
    Started IF testing Nov 2016
    Spontaneous BFP #2 January 2017: Rainbow Baby Boy September 2017
    BFP #3 November 2018: Baby #2 expected August 2019

• Options
    How far along are you?

16+5

Had my 2nd trimester bloodwork done for spina bifida. 16 week appointment tomorrow and then I go to every 2 weeks. Crazy. After 20 weeks I am going to MFM every 2 weeks as well. I feel like I am going to forever be in a doctors office. 

We still have construction going on in our house and it's in our kitchen/dining room/playroom. Our living room has been overrun with DDs toys and I am over it.

Any Questions? 

None this week. 

I'll stay at home with them. But since we have no family in the area I will probably get some sort of help. Hoping my mom will be able to come stay with us for a good while after they are born. 

Neither. I am not a dessert person. Nine time out of ten I am able to pass on cake, ice cream, pie, cookies, etc. Just not my thing. I am more of a salty girl. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @HollyGolightly09 why can't you have cake? :( I agree, yellow cake is a classic! 
  • Options
    margareth said:
    @HollyGolightly09 why can't you have cake? :( I agree, yellow cake is a classic! 
    I could have cake... but sweets are just the last thing I want now that I'm pregnant. Or, I'll think I want something sweet, try to eat it, and then feel sick. My mom asked me what kind of cake I wanted for my birthday this past weekend and I just told her not to worry about it, I wouldn't eat it anyway. :cry:
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Interesting! Hopefully you can enjoy salty or savory delicacies before your taste buds are "restored" haha 

i def still have my sweet tooth... perhaps it's not *always* a good thing... ;-P
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    19+2
    Not much. We had an appointment today. Laurel was doing great heartbeat was at 150. It took the CNM 10 minutes to find the heartbeat which freaked me out a bit, but everything was good. 
    Also apparrently my OB is fairly progressive for our area. She said that delayed cord clamping, no episiotomies, and immediate skin to skin are all a part of her standard birth process for both types of delivery so that was good! I really love this OB. She definitely makes everything seems so much less stressful.
    Just working like crazy to finish getting our new house remodeled.
    Any Questions? 
    Nope
    Not really. DH'scoworker offered to get us discounted rates at the daycare his mom owns. But I haven't looked around for it a whole lot yet.
    Definitely pie! I am not a fan of icing so naked cakes are good, but cakes with icing are just gross.
  • Options
    @zetega Me too. I was freaked out being a diabetic as well that I was going to go into my as and have a magic infection without knowing it. I really hope she is doing okay.

How far along are you? 
    20 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? I feel movement when I lay down! Exciting! Little girl is perfect :) thank goodness because these blood sugars are getting OUT of control. I feel so terrible. I'm not ready to cut all carbs out of my diet. Also been narrowing down cribs so that's exciting.

My mom is being a bit more cooperative and caring, though still very dramatic and victim-like. But it's nice that she volunteered to leave the house today and look at the cribs that dh and I have narrowed it down to.

Any Questions? 
    When are you registering?

It's supposed to be my mom... but I don't know how that will work with the drive, time, getting to work on time, and all that jazz. Sigh.
    I'm seriously considering looking to find Andre nanny for 2-3 days a week.. idk how much to pay nannies though.

Cake.. vanilla or fun-fetti :)

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19+3

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? I am also basically always uncomfortable. Heartburn is evil, and the pelvic girdle pain never lets up. Our A/S is next week, and I am also both excited and nervous. I also wish I could feel more with my anterior placenta. I know I'm lucky to feel anything at all at this point, and I can tell my belly is growing weekly, but the daily confirmation of feeling him move more would be nice! 

Other things are good! Busy, but good. and I prefer things a little bit busy anyway. :)

Any Questions? 

Nope. Between 6 and 8 months we'll start looking for a part-time in-home nanny, but seeing as I don't yet live in the city where we will be, that is something we'll be looking into later on. (And we actually know someone who lives there who is a nanny, and she's going to help us find a good fit, which makes me feel less anxious about the whole thing.)

Rhubarb pie is one of my all-time favorite things. But otherwise it's a toss up, probably depending on my mood, because I love both. 

@HollyGolightly09 I have seen a chiropractor twice, and plan to keep doing so in conjunction with semi-regular prenatal massages. My pelvic girdle pain is pretty bad, and keeping my hips in alignment seems to help. 

• Options
    How far along are you?
    19 weeks, 4 days

I feel so uncomfortable all the time! And I hate complaining/whining about it but I'm just so tired! I don't sleep well at night because my hips hurt so bad! Waah.

Just busy with work, that's about it. Counting down the days til my Disney trip!

Any Questions? 
    Nope!

Yes. We are very blessed that my mom will be watching Skylar when I work. I only work 2-3 days a week. My mom is a nanny for twin 3 year olds right now and their moms are completely fine with her having Skylar over there too!

Cake! My favorite is Dirt Cake! (Crushed up Oreos, pudding and cool whip with gummy worms!)

@HollyGolightly09  I have reached that point with my animals too...they've all been acting the fool lately!!!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• Options
    edited April 2017
    Is anyone else on Lovenox? I was instructed by the nurse to pinch an inch on my stomach 2 inches from my belly button for my injections. This worked fine until now, at 18 weeks pregnant, it's really difficult to pinch any loose skin on my stomach. Are you guys finding new injection sites, or is it fine to not be able to pinch any skin for the shot on your stomach? I have 1 more week till I see the doctor again, but it's starting to become an issue now.
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    19+6
    I'm finally feeling some quickening as they call it. Yesterday morning I felt the baby kick several times and said in my husband. That was pretty exciting. And now I think I'm addicted I just want to feel it on the outside all the time. :-)
    Only 25 days left of school! I think I love summer break just as much as the kids do.
    Any Questions? 
    not at this time 
    No, since I will be a stay at home mom. Although I might find something to do on the side.
    I think it depends on my mood. I really like cherry pie, apple pie, pumpkin pie, shoo fly pie, but I do like cake too. This would be a hard decision. I think I'll just do a piece of each.
  • Options
    How far along are you? 19 weeks

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? starting to feel movement and not passing out at 9:00 anymore! Getting sciatic pain once in a while but generally feeling good! Saw the Dr yesterday and heard a strong heartbeat. Anatomy scan is on Monday and I can't wait!

work is busy and stressful but I'm seeing old friends this weekend and leaving DS with DH so I get a couple days off! Can't wait

Any Questions? 
    nope

DS is in daycare right now so we'll get this one on the wait list after the anatomy scan. We won't need care until September 2018 so I'm not too stressed about it

cake by a mile! Pie is okay but I always find the crust too mushy or too dry. I hate apple pie for some reason. Raspberry or pumpkin I can do. I love almost any kind of cake though! Mmmm
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    I will never understand the root of certain anxieties... After a good doctor's visit AND a/s this week, I had the worst nightmare of my pregnancy early this morning, and I woke up feeling dull, menstrual-like cramps and thinking, "so this is it..." Then I "came to," and went to the bathroom and checked for spotting, of which there was none.  Yet the cramps persisted for a little while.  I haven't had menstrual-like cramps yet in pregnancy, but I think I shouldn't worry since they were pretty dull/mild and they stopped after a while?  I read that it can happen as the uterus stretches, etc.  Anyone have experience with this?  I'm 20+3.  Still can't get over that dream!  :-0  :-(
  • Options
    How far along are you? 20w3d

What's going on with you baby/pregnancy wise? mentioned above about the traumatic dream and cramping last night.  Ugh.  But other than that, really nothing "dramatic."  I have an anterior placenta so I can't feel as much as someone else might, however I have felt flutters of some sort over the course of the past 2 or so weeks (they feel so weird to me!).  Besides increased thirst, frequent urination (oh my), and occasional abdominal discomfort, I don't have much to complain about.

still online teaching and will start tutoring someone new next week.

Any Questions?
    My main question is the one above about menstrual-like cramps...

Since I teach online (from home) and am part-time, I will take care of him/her in the beginning and I'm sure my parents will help out too.  Maybe eventually I'll look into some part-time help, depending on how things go...

I like both!  Fresh pies -- like strawberry rhubarb are delicious, especially with vanilla ice cream.  I like when the pie is piping hot and the ice cream is cold -- the contrast is nice. :)
  • Options
    @margareth I've been having those types of cramps on and off for weeks.  I've asked my Dr. and she said that its normal "growing pains".  It is very unsettling though.  :(
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    @Cats*in*space thanks for responding. I agree that it's unsettling -- don't want to feel menstrual-like cramps while pregnant, for a whole variety of reasons! 
  • Options
    @margareth I've been having cramps for a few weeks now, and my Dr was not concerned. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @margareth I've had cramps off and on the whole time since 5 weeks. It's normal as long as you're not ALSO bleeding. Then I would get it looked at.  

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016

• Options
    Thanks, all!  I had not had menstrual-like cramps since, well, the last time I had my period in Nov 2016 (!).  It's a relief to hear this from you.
  • Options
    @margareth I've also had cramps periodically. I don't typically get menstrual cramps, but I HAVE had them and the pregnancy cramps haven't been as bad--plus, no bleeding, so I haven't worried. All the pregnancy books, websites, etc tell you not to worry unless you are cramping really badly or have cramping + bleeding together. So I've tried to let that be my guidepost. Hang in there!
  • Options
    @mrs_tacos that's beautiful! Makes baby even more special! 
  • Options
    @mrs_tacos Wow! That's so amazing. And I am thankful you didn't find that out until you were pregnant... otherwise that would have made TTC even more disheartening and stressful.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Becky012016Becky012016 member
    edited April 2017
    @jena333-2 I'm sorry. My mom would have been 52 now but my kids will never know her either. I'm sure you'll tell your LO all about Grandmamallama and they'll come to know her through all the memories. Hugs! 

Eta: forgot words
  • Options
    I'm so sorry, @jena333-2. I hope you can find comfort in all your wonderful memories of her. :heart:

• Options
    @mrs_tacos Wow!! What an incredible baby :)

@jena333-2 My lovetit is a hug. I'm so sorry for your loss.. she is smiling from heaven at this new grandbaby.

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • Options
    @jena333-2  Oh course you are having a hard time! I can't even imagine how hard that must be. I hope you have a relaxing day tomorrow and can think back on good memories. (Hug) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jena333-2 Many hugs to you today.  <3
  • Options
    @Texafornian Pop in ANY time, we miss you!! A post from you is never an invasion. :heart: Thank you for the kind words, I love hearing stories like that! I think of you often; I hope you're doing well. ((Hugs))

• Options
    TexafornianTexafornian member
    edited April 2017
    @Sugargirl1019 awe <<<blushing>>>
    and thank you @mrs_tacos xo

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    Also...I typed some stuff for a few others but the darn box kept deleting when I hit return and every time I'd scroll back up I'd lose my space lol. Some names changes threw me at first but I did read everything!  <3

**TW**
    Losses:
     #1: 8wks MMC 4/16
    #2: 13+4 T21 + Hydrops 3/17
  • Options
    @Texafornian <3 so happy to see you! Thanks for the suggestion about the pillow. So far I've been using normal pillows and it's just not cutting it! I will scout out for a wedge pillow :) I hope you're doing well/ok <3 

TTGP history (*TW*):

Started TTC Oct 2015
    Re-started TTC Aug 2016