May 2017 Moms
Options

SO rants & raves

Mobile issues might make HDBD a bust today, and I need a distraction. Anyone have any SO rants and raves? 
Me: 29, DH: 31
Married: October 2014
Began TTC: April 2015
BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

Re: SO rants &amp; raves

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @WombThereItIs, I'd be annoyed by that, too! You're the one that deserves a break with lugging around a basketball all day. 

• Options
    That's so sweet, @L1C4gal! And happy birthday :) 

• Options
    kns1988 said:
    I've just got raves today. DH went down to the cabin yesterday and thoroughly cleaned it so that I can move my stuff and baby stuff in this evening. The place is closed down over the winter, so there's a good bit of dust and some mouse dirt to clean in the spring. I hate mice, but it's rustic and in the woods, so it's just a fact of life. 

My raves always seem to be about cleaning. Has anyone ever read the 5 love languages? I'm acts of service, all the way. 
    I'm not even sure if this is one of the 5, but mine is gifts. Gifts, gifts, gifts! Both H and my Mom totally get it <3 It could be something as small as bunny marshmallows or cheap nail polish, but it makes me feel the love!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    kns1988kns1988 member
    edited April 2017
    @nda_roxybabe, it is one of the 5! The author even talks about how the gifts don't have to be big or expensive. Just little things usually do the trick. 

• Options
    kns1988 said:
    @nda_roxybabe, it is one of the 5! The author even talks about how the gifts don't have to be big or expensive. Just little things usually do the trick. 
    Yessss, that's me then!
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    edited April 2017
    @PartiallyDomesticated: Grrr, the milky bowls in the sink! I had a roommate do that ALL the time and it's the worst! Just rinse it & put it in the DW! It seriously takes 20 seconds. I TOTALLY hear you.

I think you've mentioned the DH's job hopping before, and I remember thinking to myself, "changing jobs so close to a May due date? I couldn't handle all that change at once!" and I still think you're awesome for going along with him as he attempts to follow his bliss/try out new jobs at what might not be the best time!

Hopefully he can nail down the work schedule soon. That'll help your peace of mind. And I PROMISE you'll remember all those reasons you married this man & grew your family together. If this "rants and raves" board proves anything, it's that sometimes our SO's can be suprisingly sweet and sensitive to our needs, just when we need it the most. (And if not, the direct, specific approach usually works!) Hang in there, mama! You're doing great!
  • Options
    @jayandaplus "I've got your correct squat form right here, buddy!". They are a little delusional about how hard it is to get your body to move a certain way, aren't they? Poor sweet men.

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • Options
    @jayandaplus silly H! I mean if you really want to do your squats, get a yoga ball...I have to use that because of my back, but it makes them much easier (when I actually do them FFFC-haven't been doing my exercises much lately, I'm exhausted). Just thought I'd share in case you really wanted to do squats and tell him to leave you alone! 

@jens_hoes...I'm right there with ya! H and I's jobs are very different with regard to how demanding, or in what way they are demanding. His is very physical and he's outside, so of course he is exhausted. I sit at a desk most of the day, but it can be very mentally exhausting. Plus I'm growing a tiny human!! Just keep telling your H that and maybe he'll understand  ;)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Options
    @SKZW Oh my goodness, thank you! I don't know why, but I haven't even thought of getting TP, dog food, etc. essentials! I have lists of food items to purchase, and have stocked up on everything baby, but I forgot about the adults and furbabies! Wheew!
  • Options
    SKZWSKZW member
    @jayandaplus: no, seriously, it's worth thinking about the boring run-of-the-mill stuff. Sure, anyone can pick up some apples or grapes for you... but the wrong tp, because they couldn't find it or because they tried to save you money & go with something cheaper?! No Way!! 
  • Options
    @sweaterboots @SKZW and @jayandaplus for all of you that have furbabies you should look into chewy.com. Having 2 large dogs we go through food and treats pretty fast so I have an auto shipment of food and treats delivered every month. It's cheaper than regular stores by a couple dollars and depending on how much your food is anything over 50$ is free shipping and it's super easy to either ship now or delay a shipment. Just an option to have. 
  • Options
    @SWE2 I second that recommendation for chewy.com! We use it for prescription cat food and kitty litter. It is cheaper and I don't have to remember to go to the vet to buy the prescription food!
    Pregnancy TickerDS1 8/15
    DS2 5/17
    #3 Due 9/20
  • Options
    SWE2 said:
    @sweaterboots @SKZW and @jayandaplus for all of you that have furbabies you should look into chewy.com. Having 2 large dogs we go through food and treats pretty fast so I have an auto shipment of food and treats delivered every month. It's cheaper than regular stores by a couple dollars and depending on how much your food is anything over 50$ is free shipping and it's super easy to either ship now or delay a shipment. Just an option to have. 
    Or Amazon! I buy my dog food in the largest bag on amazon and I have prime so it gets to me in 2days or so.
  • Options
    Right?! My H asked me a couple weeks ago if I could "feel it" (as in the weight of the baby). ...... seriously???
  • Options
    We were just talking about utilizing amazon dash buttons and the pantry! We have prime, but never really thought about using the other stuff for some reason, but I think it will come in handy once little guy is here! 

"A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin