October 2016 Moms

6 months old - teething q

My little one has 2 bottom teeth and over the weekend the doctor said her upper gums were very swollen.  the last few days she only drinks half of her bottles (she eats 2 or 3 jars of food in btwn).  Last night she cried for 45 mins straight.. we tried everything to sooth her... eventually we gave her tylenol and let her watch mickey mouse and by the time the show ended she let me put her down (around 9:15pm) and she slept til 6am today.  This morning she only took half of her bottle.  anyone going thru the same thing? any advice? I try not to give tylenol but it proved that it's the only thing that worked last night... I just don't want to give her too much?

Re: 6 months old - teething q

• @deecee9580 As long as you are following the dosage recommended by her pedi as directed, you won't have to worry about gicing her too much :) I know the feeling of wantwd to find an alternative to medicating, but when it comes to teething pain and sleep trouble, there is no shame in helping the babies out with some medicine. It makes them feel better, and them feeling better makes everybody feel better! I'm sure you're doing every other trick in the book with teething rings and what not, so keep up the good work and I'm hoping these teeth come in quickly and don't cause discomfort for too long!
  • thank you so much!! I appreciate the support
  • Loading the player...
  • I second what @allythekid said.  I'm not going through much of that yet but I have read that when teething LOs can eat less.  I wouldn't worry too much about it.