October 2017 Moms
Options

Double Strollers

dogperson11dogperson11 member
edited April 2017 in October 2017 Moms
Has anyone started researching double strollers? Any BTDT moms want to chime in on what they have, love, or hate? image
Married November 2009
Clara, August 2014 
Baby Boy due October 2017

Re: Double Strollers

• Options
    DD1 will be 3 years old when this LO comes. We do lots of walks around the neighborhood and she rides in our City Mini GT a lot for those walks. We rarely take the stroller to the zoo anymore, but would for the new baby. I'm leaning towards the City Select, but the price tag has me wavering, especially since this may be our last child.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    @dogperson11 in your case i would prob do a sit and stand stroller. it of course depends on your DD. but even at 19 months i found the stroller to be useless for DD1, she either wanted to walk or i didn't feel like dealing with taking the forsaken double stroller out.

for some reason i have become a stroller whore. which is strange bc i thought i would use them so much and i don't. Here is what i have and here are my feelings on them.

Contours Options - I love the idea of this stroller, but i hardly use it. it takes up a lot of trunk space and it feels overwhelming to bring. It handles ok, but nothing compared to bob. for some reason i prefer side by side strollers. but the different configurations are pretty sweet.
    https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=82569906&gclid=CMLX-KO8rtMCFdWNswodpPEMHA&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID23151336:BRUS&cagpspn=plab_23151336&eESource=CAPLA_DF:82569906:TRUS

Bob Duallie - this is the one i use the most. like i said i don't often take out a double stroller. when i do it is for long walking purposes where DD2 might get tired. So i like the handling of this. and whilst i find single bob to be huge, the duallie feels more compact bc it is wider obviously but not overwhelmingly so.

Single Bob - i also use this a lot, and have DD1 sit on the front triangle part when she is tired. but it is still a single stroller if i am out and about.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @dogperson11 in your case i would prob do a sit and stand stroller. it of course depends on your DD. but even at 19 months i found the stroller to be useless for DD1, she either wanted to walk or i didn't feel like dealing with taking the forsaken double stroller out.

for some reason i have become a stroller whore. which is strange bc i thought i would use them so much and i don't. Here is what i have and here are my feelings on them.

Contours Options - I love the idea of this stroller, but i hardly use it. it takes up a lot of trunk space and it feels overwhelming to bring. It handles ok, but nothing compared to bob. for some reason i prefer side by side strollers. but the different configurations are pretty sweet.
    https://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=82569906&gclid=CMLX-KO8rtMCFdWNswodpPEMHA&camp=PLAPPCG-_-PID23151336:BRUS&cagpspn=plab_23151336&eESource=CAPLA_DF:82569906:TRUS

Bob Duallie - this is the one i use the most. like i said i don't often take out a double stroller. when i do it is for long walking purposes where DD2 might get tired. So i like the handling of this. and whilst i find single bob to be huge, the duallie feels more compact bc it is wider obviously but not overwhelmingly so.

Single Bob - i also use this a lot, and have DD1 sit on the front triangle part when she is tired. but it is still a single stroller if i am out and about.
    Thanks for the input! When I was looking at doubles I kept going back to the Bob double, but I don't run so was feeling like it was a "waste". I totally forgot that we used the triangle on the front as a seat for DD when visiting a friend who had a Bob single. Maybe that would be a better option...
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    Anyone have success with a roller board behind their single stroller? I'm worried it would be fun at first but on our 2-3 mile walks DD wouldn't last on it.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    We bought a City Select with our first, knowing that we planned to have a second fairly quickly, and then it turned out we had our second a loooot sooner than expected, and it has been worth every penny!  LOVE it!  All of the different configurations are so great!  It's also super sturdy, the handle bar height is great for tall folks, and it's really easy to steer.  I think it's my husband's favorite baby purchase.  Also, I didn't notice this for over 2 years, but the seats can recline!  :o  You can also get one of those standing boards to attach to it, but we're super tall and our feet already kick the bar on the bottom, so one of those boards won't work for us.   

Someone recently gave me a Twinroo (it's a double stroller that infant seats snap into... so really only useful for the first 6-8 months or so), so we will be that couple at the zoo with one person pushing two babies in one stroller, and one person pushing two toddlers in the other.  I assume we will be able to bulldoze our way through all crowds.  It will be so awesome!  ;)   We're hoping that by the time the twins outgrow the Twinroo our oldest won't want to ride in a stroller anymore, and we can just use our City Mini single and the City Select we already have.  

• Options
    So we have a Britax B-Ready with the 2nd seat and we did have a Joovy Caboose too ultralight that I got on craigslist. My first 2 were 14 months apart so I needed the double. The B-ready was nice, easy to maneuver and lots of space for the kids, can recline both seats all the way, the whole shebang. But- it's huge. It's heavy (I think upwards of 40 lbs with both seats) and the rear wheels are bigger and I had a hard time fitting through aisles and places you'd think a single stroller (it's a tandem double, not side by side) would have no issue with. And the rear seat has a weight limit of 30 lbs, which was fine when my girls were littler but I'm unsure if I'll even be able to use it as a double this time because I don't have the rear adapter for the infant seat and my soon to be middle child is just under 30 lbs now at 3.5, and getting an infant in the rear seat is a giant pain in the butt. 

The Joovy caboose was OK, also takes up decent trunk space but was a pain in the ass to push. We got ours on craigslist and I really feel like something was wrong with it because I've pushed a new one in the store and it wasn't half as hard as that one. But I'm not planning on doing any form of a triple stroller and my older 2 would totally fight over who got to ride with a double so I'm thinking I might just use a single to avoid any arguments. My older 2 will be almost 4 and 5 when this LO arrives, they should be able to walk most distances

• Options
    Our double is a Phil and Ted jogger.  It has a lot of different configurations, for 2 babies, baby and toddler, 2 toddlers etc.  I love it, but probably wouldn't buy one if I hadn't been gifted one (ours is also likr 14th hand so I don't think they even make that model anymore...) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Am I crazy to think that I don't need a double stroller? DD will be almost 3.5 when LO arrives, and we rarely use her stroller for her anymore. My tentative plan is to just get a stroller board attachment that she can stand and ride on during long walks.
    nope. i think that is perfect. i am a big fan of making 3yo walk every where and tire her out.
                                      DD1 - 10/11/13                 DD2 - 5/07/15

Pregnancy Ticker

May Siggy Challenge: Parenting Fails
    Image result for parenting fails
  • Options
    Has anyone messed with the Chicco BravoFor2? Chicco BravoFor2 Stroller, Zinc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6J571P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_d.M9yb7XM5KEG
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    I have been curious about double strollers. Second time Moms with older children, how long did you use a stroller with LO? DS will be 1.5 when the new baby arrives. We currently still use a stroller with him all the time. 
  • Options
    Am I crazy to think that I don't need a double stroller? DD will be almost 3.5 when LO arrives, and we rarely use her stroller for her anymore. My tentative plan is to just get a stroller board attachment that she can stand and ride on during long walks.
    Nope! My DD2 will be 4 in December and I'm just going to not have the option for her because it would just complicate things too much for me to say "Ok DD2 and the baby get to ride and you get to walk" (to DD1). So big kids will walk, baby gets to ride. I rarely pull out the stroller anymore anyway!

• Options
    I'm struggling with this right now also. I have 2 single strollers (1 regular 1 jogger) and neither convert. My DD will be 21 months come Oct and I know ill need a double. But we mainly use ours around our neighborhood (hills) and on trails etc. Do I want the City Select double? Or a double jogger? UGH I just don't know! I will buy either of them used and probably sell one of my singles.

@dogperson11 I have the Chicco Bravo single, I have never seen that double option. I wonder if mine can convert? hmmmm ill have to contact them.
  • Options
    @beezeemarie DD will be almost 4 when baby comes and I bet she hasn't been in a stroller in over a year and a half at this point.  Definitely just dragging out our old stroller.  If we're somewhere DD really needs to ride,  I'm going to get a baby carrier to wear anyway so we'll do it that way. 
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn yes! I've also considered that I'll wear the baby if we're where DD would happen to need the stroller.
    October 2017 June Siggy Challenge -- "You Had One Job!" 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    SaveSave
  • Options
    Great discussion! DS will be 2 when this one arrives.  He doesn't like to sit in the stroller anymore, but when he gets tired he definitely decides its ok! By the time he's 2 I don't know how much this will change.  I was all set on getting the city select double, but now I'm wondering if I just get the roller board for our single and bring a carrier for the baby in case he needs a break.  Sounds like double strollers are a pain to travel around with and we live in an area where we mostly have to drive to get anywhere.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We got the britax bagile. It's a side by side and was super easy to steer and fit through doors easily. It worked for us because DS1 was a beast! He was the size of a four year old as a 2 year old so I was worried about the b-ready. The sun shade was great and the basket was huge. It folded easily and took up little space when folded up. I would have loved a basinet option for the baby though and unfortunately that was not an option for the side by side. If money is not an option, I would look into strollers that have a bassinet attachment for the baby and a good size toddler seat for the older kid. My kids are tummy sleepers so it would be nice to let the baby sleep while playing with the older sibling. Ultimately though I ended up wearing the baby in a wrap and then would use the stroller to hold extra stuff. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I want a double bob. (Have a single) 
    now do I need one? Probably not. DD will be 3.5 when this lo arrives. Hopefully I can wear the new lo a lot 
  • Options

+1 to the I think I don't need a double stroller club. DS will be 2y+4. If worse comes to worse I'll wear the baby and put DS in the stroller. I really cannot be bothered upgrading my City Mini GT. I probably won't go any where to far and crazy without DH anyways so we can always pack DS's SmarTrike which he loves.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    asickles98asickles98 member
    edited April 2017
    We have a sit and stand.  I don't remember the brand but it is great for the zoo and walks.  Fabulous for when The seven or almost six year old claim they are too tired to walk as well.  
  • Options
    ac1259 said:
    So we have a Britax B-Ready with the 2nd seat
    I've heard really good things about Britax!! I discovered them on https://www.prams.net/ and am thinking of buying a Britax pram :) not buying yet though!!! waiting a little while longer before I start worrying about that  :D
  • Options
    There are alot of great responses so far. I did the sit and stand option when DD1 was 3 and DD2 was a newborn . It was hard to push but managable. We sold it when DD2 was 2. There are so many amazing options out now that they didnt have 7 years ago. We actually just bought the single Chicco Bravo (as we have no need for a double of any kind), and that Bravo2 looks amazing! Had we needed a need for a 2 child system, that would be my choice. It all depends on the age of the children. 2 under 2 would most certainly require two buckled in fully seats. I would suggest a 3 year old or higher be put in a sit and stand TYPE stroller. They are so independant and want to be able to see everything and they think standing while moving is the coolest, but they will need the option to sit too. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    joforyogajoforyoga member
    edited April 2017
     I plan on getting a double stroller for sure! My son will be 23 months when My second is born in the fall. I totally agree with the other moms that are saying that by the age of three it's good to encourage them to be walking and get exercise but I think he'll be a little bit small for that and I also have to consider that a little walk to the park might be doable for him  but I walk for almost two hours a day with him in the stroller and our dog by our side so we're going really far. Fresh air for him and exercise for me and the dog :-) 
          I  have heard good things about the City Select  but my main two pieces of criteria are that I get a side-by-side stroller and at the seats are reversible. My son really likes facing me while We are out walking. We talk and I point out different things as were walking and I sing to him etc. I really like the interaction and with the side-by-side stroller  I feel like both children will be close to me. I am currently considering the  Stroller Air Duo or the Valco Snap Ultra Duo.  Does anyone have experience with either of these? 
  • Options
    @canonmom413 we are a Chicco family when it cones to infant, convertible, and strollers and will definitely have to check out Bravo2! Since DS will only be 2y4m
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ForwardnBackward i wish they made it back when I needed it! I bought the bravo for this little one because it was so lightweight ,  I was able to fold with one hand, and the polar teal color was to die for- online order only. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    Oct. '17 June S.C. "You Had 1 Job"

• Options
    dogperson11dogperson11 member
    edited May 2017
    I'm reserecting this thread...

Our weather has finally gotten good enough to start up our daily walks again. I'm realizing that while DD may walk 95% of the zoo, she's no where ready to walk even half of our daily walk. After seeing several sit and stand and double strollers in person I've landed on the City Select. I'll definitely be getting it off Craigslist or something, but I think it's really the best bet for our family.
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014 
  • Options
    Has anyone messed with the Chicco BravoFor2? Chicco BravoFor2 Stroller, Zinc https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N6J571P/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_d.M9yb7XM5KEG
    @dogperson11  I know this is now an old question, but in case you haven't stumbled upon it, target had one on display at our store. I've played around with it twice now and the ONLY thing holding me back is the fact that the seat doesn't recline. That really bugs me, there isn't any way around it, so baby will never be able to lay down in it.

I'm so stuck because the Sit and Stands don't accept our Chicco seat on the front. So baby would have to be in back until they are big enough to sit in the stroller alone. Which feels like it defeats the purpose of a Sit and Stand for DD2 to easily hop on and off

• Options
    sjohns908 said:
    @dogperson11  I know this is now an old question, but in case you haven't stumbled upon it, target had one on display at our store. I've played around with it twice now and the ONLY thing holding me back is the fact that the seat doesn't recline. That really bugs me, there isn't any way around it, so baby will never be able to lay down in it.

I'm so stuck because the Sit and Stands don't accept our Chicco seat on the front. So baby would have to be in back until they are big enough to sit in the stroller alone. Which feels like it defeats the purpose of a Sit and Stand for DD2 to easily hop on and off

I was just at our local Target last week and they didn't have it on display. Still haven't played with that one, but the lack of recline is a problem :(
    Married November 2009
    Clara, August 2014