Could it be twins? — The Bump
Multiples

Could it be twins?

I'll start by saying that I know how silly I sound, but sometimes you just can't shake the feeling.

I had a mc in January at 6w3d.  From the day I found out I was pregnant, I had a bad feeling about it - there were no obvious signs to lead me to the bad feeling, I just knew something wasn't right.  I say this because I just found out that I'm pregnant again (yay!) and from the moment I found out, I thought it was twins.  Twins don't run in either side of the family and I wasn't using fertility treatments, so it seems unlikely.  Here are a few symptoms/facts - can someone who has had twins let me know if they've had a similar experience?
  • Brown spotting for about 5 days, beginning at 4w2d (I did not have this with my 1st child, now 15 mo) - I've heard this can be frequent with twins because of the dual implantations
  • I'm currently 5w0d and already fighting back vomit 
  • Dreams about twins
  • HCG at 13dpo was 29 and then at 17dpo was at 294 (should have been around 120)
I have a sonogram in two weeks, but I can't stop thinking about it and thought perhaps someone here could share some insight.

Thank you!!

Re: Could it be twins?

• lmf4354 said:
    I'll start by saying that I know how silly I sound, but sometimes you just can't shake the feeling.

I had a mc in January at 6w3d.  From the day I found out I was pregnant, I had a bad feeling about it - there were no obvious signs to lead me to the bad feeling, I just knew something wasn't right.  I say this because I just found out that I'm pregnant again (yay!) and from the moment I found out, I thought it was twins.  Twins don't run in either side of the family and I wasn't using fertility treatments, so it seems unlikely.  Here are a few symptoms/facts - can someone who has had twins let me know if they've had a similar experience?
    • Brown spotting for about 5 days, beginning at 4w2d (I did not have this with my 1st child, now 15 mo) - I've heard this can be frequent with twins because of the dual implantations
    • I'm currently 5w0d and already fighting back vomit 
    • Dreams about twins
    • HCG at 13dpo was 29 and then at 17dpo was at 294 (should have been around 120)
    I have a sonogram in two weeks, but I can't stop thinking about it and thought perhaps someone here could share some insight.

Thank you!!

No 2 pregnancies are the same, so even if someone here experienced the same exact symptoms as you, it means nothing in relationship to your current pregnancy. 

Spotting can be caused by a lot of difference things. I had severe bleeding twice during my twin pregnancy due to schs.

And as for the vomiting, I got sick only twice throughout my whole pregnancy. 

The only way to know if it's twins is by an ultrasound. H&h 9 months to you.
    wabash15
  • An ultrasound is the only indicator of multiples. No feelings, dreams or symptoms indicate a multiple pregnancy. I had zero morning sickness, no dreams and average to somewhat rapidly doubling HCG with my twins. I was completely shocked at my ultrasound. 
    run along Pond...2015/12/10

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    wabash15vflux33
  • I second the other ladies... I had spotting with both a singleton and twin pregnancy, I had nausea but no vomiting with either. My HCG numbers were way higher than yours for both my singleton and twin pregnancies.
    *TW*
    TTC 1/2012
    Diagnosed : unexplained infertility
    6 rounds of IUI and a MC 2/2014, rainbow twins 4/2015
    TTC #3 5/2016
    Restarted Fertility tx
    IUI 2 rounds, baby girl 12/17

• @lmf4354 Are you having twins? I'm just curious based on your symptoms and gut feeling. H&H 9 months!
    31 yrs. /DH 38 yrs.
    SI TTC 7 months 
    DD born 10/2015 @ 27 wks. 4 days > severe pre-e (TTC 1yr.)
    Hystero./Laproscopy/Ovarian Drilling/ D&C/ HSG (2/2015)
    Present:
    DX: Moderate Endo./ PCOS/ Diminished Ovarian Reserve(1.2 amh)/ Low Morphology (0%)
    HSG (3/2017)- All Clear
    RX: Follistim (75iu)/ Trigger/ IUI/ Progesterone
    Starting 1st IUI cycle Friday 4/28