June 2017 Moms
Options

MBF and TWT combo?

Can we do another combo to bitch about events or complain about dumb people?  Drop them here ladies!
                                                                          Married 12/17/2011
                                                                              K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                              C born 1/11/14
                                                              BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                              BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

Re: MBF and TWT combo?

• Options
    mkrelmkrel member
    Yes! This should just be a weekly BF!

Mine goes to my Mom, who I love, but visiting this weekend had the nerve to tell me to watch my weight when I grabbed a cookie. I flipped. I have been walking 45 min a day and watching my intake during the week so I can splurge and am exactly where I should be with my weight gain. I was so pissed. Who in their right mind tells their 32 week pregnant daughter anything about her weight?!  We then run into another pregnant person who was bigger than me (belly) and we found out she was due later that I was and my mom mentions that it is probably her second child. Why would she discredit the fact that I am exercising and doing well?! Yes, I ate dessert every night but I'm not having wine (which I always would visiting them) and I'm pregnant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was so annoyed. 
  • Options
    Mine is that I am sad that the Baby shower thread never caught wind. I was looking forward to all the pics and stuff. I am not having a shower or I'd share. Weird rant, but I am. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am just annoyed with finances in general.  I was really hoping to be able to stay home come fall, but it looks like it just isn't in the cards if we want to buy a more spacious house and still afford to eat.  I hate how it is so expensive just to live these days. 
                                                                              Married 12/17/2011
                                                                                  K born 8/31/12                                 
                                                                                  C born 1/11/14
                                                                  BFP #3 Nov 2014: D&C January 2015
                                                                  BFP #4 Sept 2016: Due May 31 2017

• Options
    @FSUNole31 agree. I stay home, but our house plans keep getting further and further away. If we ever do get to buy, we will be buying a piece of trash that needs to be completely rebuilt. Luckily my dh can do that. I so feel for everyone in my area that doesn't have that luxury, especially the single moms. 

Mine me is that I hate Drs and insurance companies. Yesterday I spent hours trying to find a pediatrician that has good reviews, takes patients, and accepts insurance. I finally found one. (Who happens to have been mine when I was a baby!! Didn't know he was still around!) made an appt for dd and to meet him, and then spent 40 min on hold with the insurance to switch providers, just for them to hang up on me!! So irritating. Guess what I get to do again today? 
  • Options
    My kids are sick, again. One has it coming out of one end, the other the other end. It's been a long night/day. Their timing is horrible. DH will be home soon, like they couldn't wait until I had another set of hands to help?? 

Mom to Madison- 5 and Lillian 2....and now surprise baby #3!
  • Options
    I was rudely awoken by a foot to the ear last night.  I turned my head right to see what the hell was going on and took a toe to the eye.  Apparently DS decided to come into our bed last night and sleep on his stomach with this head on DH and his feet on my face.  Why is it that now that I can't sleep at night (you know... third tri hell), DS is suddenly coming into our room more regularly.  It is like he can sense what little sleep I get is precious and he must disturb that.
  • Options
    I've been in the waiting room at my OB's for an hour and 15 minutes. I'm getting hangry and mean.
  • Options
    Mine is also my mom. I went to visit her this past weekend and am still recovering. We have a shaky relationship and she is super immature. We arrived about 7 pm Thursday night and I was telling her DS was tired and needed to eat something filling before bed (19 months and boycotting meals). She offered to make him his favorite pbj and instead comes back with fruity pebbles. Wtf is wrong with her?! Who gives a 19 month old that shit at 7pm?! She didn't see why I was upset with it and of course there was a shit storm of a melt down when I took it away. She then stuck him in the bath and walked away and I walked in right when he turned the water all the way to hot. Luckily I was able to react fast and turn it off. 
    Oh and to end the weekend her dogs ate all my underwear and peed in my suitcase. They are the worst. So glad I have an excuse to not travel the next couple months. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Turns out I have Bronchitis now and am completely miserable. I am so ready for this pregnancy to be over so I can actually treat all these sicknesses I keep getting. I want my max strength NyQuil!

I also have to fly again tonight and am so sick of it at this point. 2 more flights and then I am done for the remainder.
  • Options
    My husband has worked at least part of six out of the last nine weekends. And he doesn't keep track of his schedule enough in advance, so he keeps telling me he is free to do stuff and then realizing he has a work thing at the last minute. I have been trying for 2 months to schedule a night for us to go on a date and dd to do a trial sleepover at my parents' house before she is with them a few days when the baby is born. Last time he cancelled I reschedule it for this Friday (he's supposed to be of Fridays and Saturdays), and yesterday he tells me he is working Friday evening and Saturday morning. WTF, man?! I know he doesn't want to be working either, but at some point you have to set some boundaries and quit agreeing to do stuff on your days off.
  • Options
    danij0 said: 
    Wino0920 said:
    Mine is that I am sad that the Baby shower thread never caught wind. I was looking forward to all the pics and stuff. I am not having a shower or I'd share. Weird rant, but I am. 
    I hope more people post in the celebrations thread, too. My maternity photos are the 29th and my shower isn't until May 7th so maybe other people haven't had their's yet either and more posts are coming.
    Yeah, I think it is probably early for too many people to have had showers yet. I'm not having one, but I think they are usually in the last 4-8 weeks of a pregnancy unless people have scheduling conflicts or something. I know mine last pregnancy was just over two months out because of travel issues, and it seemed like that was on the early side.
  • Options
    @awoodruff27 boo to sick kids.  That's the worst.  

@Elyse1384 my DD does that too.  She normally cuddles with DH but sometimes she turns sideways and I get the feet! 

@CurlyMommy416. Did you go back to the front desk?? That's a very long time to wait! I hope they got you in.  I would be livid . And if it was because my doctor was delivering or had an emergency I would at least like to be told that so I know why I'm waiting.  

@ellie111227 that's super annoying of DH.  I say you do your trial sleepover and have a night to yourself or a girls night! 
  • Options
    I have a silly complaint today.  We hosted a play date with our friends this morning and my kids were a tad cranky and didn't play as well as normal so the mom and I didn't get our usual talk time in.  Mommy needs adult interaction! They weren't too bad but normally they all play so well together! Yes this play date was more for us Moms than the kids lol. 
  • Options
    @Wino0920 There's still hope! I know it's just been early for me to share. And the no pics on mobile glitch has probably been messing things up too. I'm finally on a computer where I can share a couple pics from my maternity shoot this past weekend but my shower isn't for two more weeks. I'll be AW'ing all over the place!  :D
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Oh, mine is that my MIL has to make everything harder than it needs to be. I shared a little in the vaccine thread but my OB recommended that me, DH, and grandparents/anyone spending a lot of time with baby get the TDAP. I already got mine, my mom got hers ASAP after I asked, and I'm nagging DH to do it. However, his mom is saying she needs to research it to make sure she won't die from it (seriously) but she'll do it for baby once she's done her research. If you're going to do it anyway, then what's the point of all this "research?" His dad depends on his mom to tell him what to do in these situations so neither of them has made a move to get it yet. She's acting like there's all the time left in the world and there really isn't. I sent her a link to a CDC one pager that explicitly states why grandparents should get the vaccine and also has links to more information. She also hasn't booked travel yet to get here for the birth but always says how devastated she'd be if she missed it. So maybe that fear of missing it should inspire you to book a damn flight?!
  • Options
    Mine is also my mother. She left my father and I when I was 15 and I didn't hear or see from her until I was 19. Since then she's come in and out of my life depending on her mood. On Sunday at 6 PM she texted and asked if I wanted to come over. When I said I couldn't because I just started giving my toddler dinner she complained that DD isn't going to know who she is. I normally bite my tongue in those situations, but I lost it. I told her that if she's worried about that then she shouldn't of come around more. She tried to deflect by saying she never knows when it is nap time etc. I explained to her that she could make plans in advance like a freaking normal person. We went back and forth for awhile and the conversation ultimately ended with me telling her DD won't know who she is. Today my mom started offering to buy things for this baby, probably out of guilt. I mean, that's nice and everything, but we can buy things for the baby ourselves... We can't give her a relationship with her maternal grandmother. But whatever. 
  • Options
    tjvantjvan member
    I tried to share a shower pic, but the mobile pic issue stopped me. Hoping it won't slow down HDBD tomorrow!
  • Options
    meilay said:
    Oh, mine is that my MIL has to make everything harder than it needs to be. I shared a little in the vaccine thread but my OB recommended that me, DH, and grandparents/anyone spending a lot of time with baby get the TDAP. I already got mine, my mom got hers ASAP after I asked, and I'm nagging DH to do it. However, his mom is saying she needs to research it to make sure she won't die from it (seriously) but she'll do it for baby once she's done her research. If you're going to do it anyway, then what's the point of all this "research?" His dad depends on his mom to tell him what to do in these situations so neither of them has made a move to get it yet. She's acting like there's all the time left in the world and there really isn't. I sent her a link to a CDC one pager that explicitly states why grandparents should get the vaccine and also has links to more information. She also hasn't booked travel yet to get here for the birth but always says how devastated she'd be if she missed it. So maybe that fear of missing it should inspire you to book a damn flight?!
    Why are you more annoyed with your MIL than your DH??? He isn't getting it or dragging his feet and yet, your annoyed with her? 
  • Options
    @FSUNole31 Finances are always a bitch for me. DH and I both work full-time, live in a modest house that we are slowly working on with things that have to be done like windows or the water heater when it flooded the basement, don't splurge, and have not been on vacation since our honeymoon, yet we can still only budget $300 a month for food for the 3 of us. That is $10 a day! How is this possible??? 

• Options
    Elyse1384 yassssssss my DS is in bed with us every night now that we converted his crib to a toddler bed. It is killing my sleep.

Me: 29 DH: 35

Married: 9/29/12

DS #1: 3/8/15

• Options
    Mine is the lady in charge of maternity leave for our district. I contacted her in February asking if we could meet in March. She refused saying, we had to wait until i was roughly 32 weeks. We had an appointment scheduled, yesterday at 315. I had to rush out of school to make it in time and was told that she was on VACATION. What the eff? 

So we rescheduled for today. I got a lukewarm apology through email but none face to face.  Then she proceded to contradict herself the whole meeting. At the end of the meeting, she told me she is retiring in 9 days......and I will be checking all this info with your replacement, thank you.

Me: 34  DH: 35
    Married: July 2009
    BFP: November 2012 after 2 years of TTC     DS born August 2013
    Diagnosed with PCOS April 2016
    3 months of trigger shot with timed intercourse BFN x3
    First IUI: 9/17/16            BFP: 9/30/16              EDD: 6/11/17

• Options
    Mine is my manager. He told me a couple of months ago that he was going to bring in someone to do my job while I was on leave, and that when I came back I could move on to cover another set of products (I've been waiting for 2 years for this) and that my replacement will keep doing my old job. Well during our one on one meeting he tells me that we don't know if my replacement will be permanent and stuff, pretty much contradicting everything he said earlier. 

I'm so tired of busting my butt for him to pull this crap. I'm just ready to be home with my babies for good.
  • Options
    I'm mad at the administration of my school today. My classroom has 6 paraprofessional. Two were out all day and one was out the second half of the day. I got a sub for the half day and that's it. So I didn't get my prep or my lunch due to not having coverage. And we were short enough that a real emergency wouldn't have been problematic. Administration didn't respond to my attempt  to alert them of the situation or make sure we were ok.
    DD 1- born January 22, 2014
    Due June 25 2017

• Options
    mrtmrt member
    Technology. I just finally finished a recording of a PowerPoint presentation (for an online class) on the third try, because the first two times I went through the whole presentation and it didn't record. Errrr..... Can't I just write a paper?
  • Options
    @Wino0920 I'll completely own that my MIL just generally gets on my nerves way more than my H. However, a lot of how I feel about the vaccine situation has to do with her not being there for me/not keeping her word to me in major ways in the past and so there's a lack of trust that she will do what I need her to do.
  • Options
    Mail order pharmacies/insurance companies.  I thought this was supposed to simplify the refill process.  Instead I get the run around trying to refill my diabetes testing supplies, the exact same brand and amount they filled for me last month.  You know what might be more convenient for everyone?  Fill a 90-day supply to cover my entire pregnancy and STFU.  Alas, they struggle to do 30 days.  So done with GD.
  • Options
    Mine is also my mother. She left my father and I when I was 15 and I didn't hear or see from her until I was 19. Since then she's come in and out of my life depending on her mood. On Sunday at 6 PM she texted and asked if I wanted to come over. When I said I couldn't because I just started giving my toddler dinner she complained that DD isn't going to know who she is. I normally bite my tongue in those situations, but I lost it. I told her that if she's worried about that then she shouldn't of come around more. She tried to deflect by saying she never knows when it is nap time etc. I explained to her that she could make plans in advance like a freaking normal person. We went back and forth for awhile and the conversation ultimately ended with me telling her DD won't know who she is. Today my mom started offering to buy things for this baby, probably out of guilt. I mean, that's nice and everything, but we can buy things for the baby ourselves... We can't give her a relationship with her maternal grandmother. But whatever. 

UGH!! This sounds so familiar! 
    My ILs live in a different state so we tell them to FaceTime us weekly so they can keep up with DD. My MIL blames their lack of calling on the fact that she doesn't know when's bedtime for DD is. UM... the kid passes out between 7:30 and 8. She has for the last 18 month she or so. ALso, why not call during the day then? 

Then she has the nerve to get all bent out of shape at family functions when DD gravitates towards other family members. She has gotten to know them because they call! 

I feel for you with the Mom issues. I think you can only take so much of the ridiculous piss-poor behaviors before your real thoughts come out. I hope it all works out the way you need/want it to.

• Options
    Thank you @silliegirlie143 I hope things work out for you too! Idk what's up with these grandma's wanting to feel like a grandma, but not wanting to put in the time in order to build that relationship. I also don't understand not wanting to put in the time, period! 
  • Options
    My mom is just so passive-aggressive. She had asked about coming to visit on Easter weekend and I said we were free both Good Friday and Sunday, just not on Saturday and asked her to let me know if she was coming so that we made sure not to make other plans. She just responded with "Well I don't want to be in the way..." 

Then I invited her for dinner Sunday with DH's parents and she decided that the 2 hour drive was too much to do in one day if she couldn't stay overnight, and then implied that the same thing would be a problem for the upcoming baby shower (which is taking place at DH's parents house) because she would be "so tired" that Saturday from her week of work that she wouldn't want to drive. 

Thankfully my sister called her out on that one and she admitted that of course she wouldn't actually skip the shower. She just likes to complain about work. She pulled the same shit before my wedding and both my sister's weddings too, about not knowing if she'd be able to make it because of work and/or needing the time off of work, because apparently the whole business would go belly up if she missed so much as a day *rolls eyes* (she works the front desk at a podiatrists office)
  • Options
    I've about had it with the morons at my health insurance company. They keep messing up my claims. I already met my in-network deductible, but now my hospital has magically become out-of-network so that they can keep charging me toward my deductible. My hospital is definitely in network and it's a PITA to make them reprocess my claims especially after they already sent them to the hospital for billing. It's not rocket science, just let me do my own insurance claims and I swear I will pay the right amount. 

So as a PSA make sure to check all your claims with your insurance before paying anything. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'd like to b*tch about my left boob.  It's being quite the twat waffle. It doesn't want to get onboard with making milk like it's supposed to.  It's making about a quarter of what my right one is making.  So needless to say they're quite lopsided.  
  • Options
    Wearmi1 said:
    I'd like to b*tch about my left boob.  It's being quite the twat waffle. It doesn't want to get onboard with making milk like it's supposed to.  It's making about a quarter of what my right one is making.  So needless to say they're quite lopsided.  
    That's fairly normal. Righty was always my rockstar and I got a solid 2+ more ounces than my lefty.
  • Options
    @Wearmi1 don't worry too much about it, it's totally normal to have a super boob and a dud. Hopefully lefty joins in on the fun and evens you out.
    Lilypie Maternity tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPicLilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Right always made way more milk than left did for me too. When I got pregnant that one stopped producing and I only had milk from the right one until DS weaned. Our bodies are weird.
  • Options
    Lefty was my girl. I would nurse more from righty to try to get her to produce more. It never completely evened out, but it helped. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers  
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP #1 9/1999. DD Born 6/7/2000
    BFP #2 10/2011. EDD 7/11/12. MMC discovered 11/2/11. D&C 11/4/11.
    DX PCOS 10/2012.
    BFP#3 1/11/13. DS Born 9/17/2013
    BFP#4 9/30/17. Grow baby grow! 
    ~Everyone Welcome~
  • Options
    I'm gonna bitch about this conference that I'm at! It's normally pretty good but this year it's all about the change over from No Child Left Behind to Every Student Succeeds Act. Dude, I'm gonna do my teaching thing no matter what government act is in place! Give me something I can use!!!!
    And they need to serve more snacks. Preggo's gett in n hangry!
  • Options
    Between trying to get all my normal tasks done and preparing to not be at work for 15 weeks for maternity leave - I am burning out. Every time I finish a project a new one comes - it's never ending and I'm loosing hope of being in a good place in two months to feel comfortable that everything isn't going to fall apart while I am gone (and I wish could be there sooner to be able to 'relax' a bit). I know maternity leave won't be a walk in the park - but I looking forward to not being at my job for a little while, if I weren't pregnant I would be taking a vacation asap. 
  • Options
    @danij0 Same thing happened with my high risk OB. Feb visit he was in-network, March they tried to say he wasnt covered. 

Tell me my newly pregnant coworker didnt freak when she got billed $900 for her first prenatal appt after I'd recommended him!!