October 2017 Moms
Options

TW Tuesday 4.18

Now that we've got all the mushy positive mumbo-jumbo out of the way, how about what we do best!!! 

Who's being a total Twatwaffle today?

Re: TW Tuesday 4.18

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue Have you never spent a night away from DD?! I would be going insane if I was the sole bedtime provider for almost 3 years. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options

@jessafishy she has spent nights at her grandparents so I get breaks ever now and then, but DH has never kept her alone.  I know it sounds like he just doesn't care, but he gets extremely anxious when she is upset so he likes to make his time with her all about fun and games and leaves me for all the not so fun parts of parenting.  Queue bedtime last night where they are jumping up and down on the bed and tickle fights instead of calming down for bed.     

• Options
    @lemonlyman I went down the rabbit hole to that article. Definitely some entertaining questions on there! That husband is an asshat.
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @mrs_fogue I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I've always had a temper but it's never felt completely out of control before... I feel like I physically heat up and my neck and chest even gets all splotchy.  I'm being such a psycho.
  • Options
    @migdala Yes, that's happened to me too. Last night actually. I'm conscious of it and feel bad even as I'm escalating a fight on purpose, usually over something dumb. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Maksim's Mom I'm usually a super low-key, zero temper person but I've lost my temper at DD more times in this pregnancy than the entire time she's been alive. I feel like the world's worst mommy, but I always give her a hug and say I'm sorry after I calm down. I hate feeling like I lose control of my mouth like that.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @Maksim's Mom I'm usually a super low-key, zero temper person but I've lost my temper at DD more times in this pregnancy than the entire time she's been alive. I feel like the world's worst mommy, but I always give her a hug and say I'm sorry after I calm down. I hate feeling like I lose control of my mouth like that.
    Ditto with DS. Especially with this toddler bed transition. 
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @jessafishy I mean, the threenager is rough, but I should not be throwing a temper tantrum over DD wanting a bandaid. 

Seriously. 

I'm the worst.

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    TW today:  helicopter mommies at the park who kept giving me the side eye for letting my 18 month old climb the big jungle gym.  And saying "it makes me nervous" when they thought I couldnt hear them.  My 18 month old is a better climber than my 3 year old BTW.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Oh man @Boobopgirl I pretty much saw you in the kiddy pool the other day and thought I would try to be you, only my DS has terrible gross motor skills. I was trying to play the cool not helicopter mom and ended up being a TW mom. There was this little girl about my DS's age walking around in over a foot of water with no problem, while the mom was relaxing out of reach. I decided I could do that too. Next thing I know I am watching DS go face first in the water and he can't get his head back up. It probably took me 5 or 6 looong seconds to get to him. TW mom, I know. He was no where close to traumatized and seemed to not even really notice, so that's good. I still haven't told my DH about that one. :/
  • Options
    Helicopter parents who email the second you put in their 18 year old zero for an assignment.  "Why are you giving my child a zero?"  Umm... ma'am if I have nothing to grade I have nothing to grade.
    OMG THIS 100%.
  • Options
    Oh man @Boobopgirl I pretty much saw you in the kiddy pool the other day and thought I would try to be you, only my DS has terrible gross motor skills. I was trying to play the cool not helicopter mom and ended up being a TW mom. There was this little girl about my DS's age walking around in over a foot of water with no problem, while the mom was relaxing out of reach. I decided I could do that too. Next thing I know I am watching DS go face first in the water and he can't get his head back up. It probably took me 5 or 6 looong seconds to get to him. TW mom, I know. He was no where close to traumatized and seemed to not even really notice, so that's good. I still haven't told my DH about that one. :/
    I don't mind helicopter moms, but when they expect everyone else to be flapping around keeping their kiddos from certain death by *gasp* putting grass in their mouths...I get a little grrr.  If my kiddo is about to walk in front of the swings...I grab her...If she's about to try and sit on a duck (yes, actually happened) or take a header off the fireman's pole.  But if she's calmly and carefully climbing the ladder and going down the big twisty slide...I'm not going to gasp and hold my breath and it bugs the heck out of me when other moms judge me for it, lol.  Sorry...end soapbox. 

• Options
    @Boobopgirl To play Devil's advocate for a moment... It probably would have made me nervous too. But not because I was judging you as a parent, just because I'm anxiety girl and my brain is constantly going through worst case scenarios. 

It's me, not you.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    jessafishy said: 
    @Boobopgirl To play Devil's advocate for a moment... It probably would have made me nervous too. But not because I was judging you as a parent, just because I'm anxiety girl and my brain is constantly going through worst case scenarios. 

It's me, not you.
    Was trying to think of a way to say exactly this.  Kinda how I feel about co-sleeping a newborn....you do you and I won't judge you for this choice but it makes me nervous.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn glad you understand! I felt guilty for losing my sh*t over something so small. But of course I accepted the little man's apology and hugged him. It's hard teaching them to be more gentle and nice. I'm so darn irritable this pregnancy! BTW I love the family guy gif. Awesome  
    Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP#1: 9/9/2014 DS born 4/7/15
    BFP#2: 6/16/2016 MC/D&C: 7/29/2016
    BFP#3: 10/14/2016 (fingers crossed for a sticky bean)
  • Options
    @jessafishy That's true.  I  think because these Mommies were also goin on about their friends doing parenting "wrong", it added to the sanctimommy feel.  I also don't know how I'm not more anxious about what my kids get into. Maybe because my mom was SOOO anxious about everything (seriously, I went for a WALK as an ADULT in DAYLIGHT in our DEVELOPMENT and she sent my dad out looking for me) that I'm trying as hard as I can not to be like that.

• Options
    jessafishyjessafishy member
    edited April 2017
    @Boobopgirl I've definitely been better since I got on medication. It's just really hard for me to not go down the rabbit hole of intrusive thoughts so I tend to hover over my kid.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @jessafishy I totally get it.  My second was a gamechanger in that respect because if I freaked out every time she did something dangerous, I literally would have had to put her in a bubble by now and like...not have any furniture. So I had to pick my freak outs or I wouldn't be able to breathe most of the time.  Granted, I DID end up in a psychiatric hospital shortly after she started walking...coincidence?  Probably not.  :D
  • Options

@buttercream_frosting you have all my sympathy!  Haha!  Last night I begged him to try and he said, I'll try closer to time.  Which means he will begin trying in October.