October 2017 Moms
Options

FTM Check In 4/18

Hello first time mommies! Please check in here! Share what you wish smile

How far along are you?

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in?

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? 

Rants/raves? 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? 

GTKY: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up?
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: FTM Check In 4/18

• Options
    @emwj10187 we got one very similar to this one, at Target:

https://www.target.com/p/child-craft-camden-4-in-1-convertible-crib-jamocha/-/A-14102701

Full disclaimer, though - we ended up not getting all of the extras to convert it to a full size bed. We used it for 3 years (crib to toddler bed), but when we transitioned DD to a "big girl bed", we just got a full size mattress and box spring. Partly because now we have a LO on the way who will need that crib (at the time we thought we were going to be one and done) and partly because all the "extras" just ended up costing more than we were interested in paying. 

We may convert it to a full size bed with LO when it gets old enough, but I think it's just cheaper to do it this way than to buy 2 convertible cribs.
    BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @keiraanne I wore all my normal cotton bikini underwear or vs lacie thongs three the entire pregnancy without having to change a thing. Though I'm not sure that's the case for everyone. I wouldn't preemptively purchase them 
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    Acupuncture, Femera x3 cyles, and HSG.
    BFP in September 2014, DS born June 2015.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @emwj10187 We got the Sorelle Vista convertible crib from BRU.  Even though we wont be using the convertible features just yet since LO2 will need it as a crib, I really like the look of it!
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @keiraanne I'm same as @ForwardnBackward - I just got some granny panty type things (cheap, from Hanes) that I didn't care if ended up having to throw away. Later in the pregnancy, it's normal to have some crazy discharge stuff so I didn't want to ruin all my nice undies. But never bought actual maternity undies.

@amandare-2 first time around it took awhile  :/ Sorry, I know that's not what you were hoping to hear :smile: My belly at 14 weeks is pretty much what my belly looked like at 5 months with DD. But once it appeared, it seriously appeared. The biggest difference is your belly isn't mushy anymore. It's almost like hard as abs except round haha :smiley:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn "crazy discharge stuff" - yay, so much to look forward to!  :D 
  • Options
    @keiraanne I mean, pregnancy is definitely not for the faint of heart (or stomach) haha :wink:

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @ChocolateIsLife Ugh - good question.  We didn't really, not sure it would've mattered.  I thought I knew how I would be, and I think DH thought he knew how he would be, and I thought I knew how DH would be, and he probably thought he knew how I would be - but it all ended up.... I dunno, a mess, is the best way I can describe it.  We aren't polar opposites, but we don't see eye to eye alot.  I think it's worth making sure you're aren't on polar ends of the big issues (co-sleeping, cry it out, feeding, vaccination, religious things, childcare...) but we flexible in case it doesn't play out a certain way. 
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @natleilynn Haha so true. At least once a week my husband responds to me by playfully saying "Grrrrrrross!" It's usually when I'm discussing my constipation or something along those lines.
  • Options
    @forwardnBackward that is pretty sound advice, and sorry that it was a mess for you guys. I can just imagine being up at 2am and realizing neither one of us are on the same page, and that gives me anxiety to think about, because we are both pretty nasty spirited when tired. I know we are on the same page about most big things, but we haven't discussed co-sleeping, cry it out methods at all. We have mainly discussed what we don't want to do. :D 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 15 weeks
    Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? No, but I think I have a cold... ugh.
    Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? None
    Rants/raves? I wish I weren't sick. And I wish my belly would appear.
    Questions for FTM, or STM+? None that haven't already been asked.
    GTKY: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher (check) and a mommy (almost check).
  • Options
    soprano19 Hope you feel better soon! (And I'm with you... I obsessively check the mirror multiple times each day waiting for the "pop.")
  • Options
    Update: I didn't go to yoga.

@soprano19 @keiraanne +1 to the mirror checking! This is the first time I've ever wanted to see my stomach grow, lol.

@natleilynn lol to the crazy discharge. So glamorous!

• Options
    You guys are so good researching cribs and everything already :open_mouth: I better get on that...

I don't think I've actually checked in here yet, not sure, but I've mainly stuck to the pgal thread and a few other random check ins. I think I'm ready to jump in!

How far along are you?: 14+4

Any new symptoms or changes since last check-in? Not really, I can see a tiny bump but sometimes still seems like bloat, other times seems like a little bump. I'm with all of you checking the mirror ;)

Any appts since last check-in?: had our NT scan last week and all was good!! 

Questions for STM?: nope-I'm just reading everybody else's questions because I have them too I can just never think of any!! 

Gtky: I wanted to be a dental hygienist for the longest time! Pretty much up until college. Now I'm a personal trainer/wellness coordinator, no cleaning teeth for me! 

Me.30 DH.31 
    Est.8.2006
    BFP 8/28/15 mmc @ 11 weeks (d&c)
    BFP 9/28/16 mmc @ 8 weeks (d&c) - trisomy 5
    BFP 2/3/17...edd 10/13/17 <3

• Options
    @keiraanne @bluejeanbabi05 for real though. Last night my H was all excited because my belly looked like it was finally showing, and then this morning it was basically gone.
  • Options
    @Uhlease13 you're totally good.  I'm not kidding when I say I was 7 months pregnant before we finally bought one.  Most of the time babies sleep in a cradle or similar for awhile at least so you seriously have plenty of time.  My motivation for getting DD out of the crib -converted-toddler-bed was the fact she spent most nights sleeping on the floor and I felt like the world's worst parental unit. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 14W4D

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Despite having nausea meds prescribed, I'm still feeling sick. In fact I've thrown up twice tonight

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? Next appt is on Mon

Rants/raves? I feel like all my mom friends and family lied to me about the nausea going away in the second tri. It's actually gotten progressively worse

Questions for FTM, or STM+? When will the nausea go away? I'm so ready to feel semi normal again

GTKY: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? A teacher. I got my master's in English education and although I'm working in a high school, I don't teach
    Me: 28 | Him: 31
    Married: 11/12/16
    BFP: 02/09/17
    FTM | EDD: 10/13/17

Pregnancy Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

How far along are you?

17wks!
    Most are fine but major new one is hemerrhoids ugh
    Nope next one is AS in 3 weeks! Eek!
    Rants/raves? 
    House is a wreck bc DH is a snuggle bug and prefers to "console me" and nap with me instead of doing the dishes I've left for a while. Sweet man but we have got to get the house and yard in order!!! 
    Has anyone tried to job hunt while PG? I've been playing with idea but now that I'm almost 20wks and already showing - I worry about being taken seriously. 
    I always wanted to be a US Marine. Then I realized I have no pain tolerance and cry easily... so that died around middle school. Since then I've wanted to be a teacher and coach. Ended up being an engineer and finding it hard to give up the salary 
    **April Siggy Challenge**Baby Animals**

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

How far along are you?
    13 weeks 6 days

I haven't checked in here for a while. (I'm lazy) But my appetite is getting a lot better. Really don't have that many symptoms. Just some bloating.
    No. I have one next week and I am starting to get nervous.

Rants/raves? 
    No
    No
    I wanted to be a doctor forever. I was pre-med in college but didn't get into medical school. I was disappointed at first but I would only be graduating now so I feel like I was actually able to live my life a lot sooner. I'm still super interested in anything medical and Google some weird stuff some days.
  • Options

@ChocolateIsLife I saw the way my sisters parented and picked what I liked. I already had an idea of things I knew I wanted like; baby in the same room until older, baby wearing (did this a helluva lot more than planned), breastfeeding etc. I think going with the flow and having a loose idea is the best way. I did read up on the Feed, Play, Sleep routine and thought that was easy enough to follow and did that. I also read roughly how much a baby should sleep in certain age groups but took that with a grain of salt because DS was always touching on the border of "not sleeping enough". DH always had wise words when I freaked out if DS wasn't following the books. DH also trusted a lot of what I felt was right which really helped me shine as a FTM. We were also on the same page with giving lots of affection and cuddles and we almost never let DS cry which suited us both.

I think what's more important than reading books is figuring it out now with your partner where they stand on the big issues. E.g. Where will baby sleep? Are we going to breastfeed or formula? Sounds like a funny question but it is so important to have your partner backing you up if you decided one or the other. I struggled for 2 months with feeding and DH came with me to the hospital for their LC sessions. He didn't push formula on me when he saw me crying from cracked and bleeding nipples but comforted me and said the choice is always mine to make. It made a HUGE difference.

@winterecho By 2nd trimester so start of 14 weeks your hormones should start to taper down so you can enjoy your pregnancy. Seems like you are not too far off. You can seek anti-nausea tablets. Have your tried ginger+B6 tablets? That semi helped me.

**June Siggy Challenge: You Had ONE Job!**

LO#2 EDD October 18th 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you?
    16 weeks

A bit more energy, and slightly less nausea. Occasional heartburn. And my ankle hurts, but I don't think I can blame baby for that.

We have our next one tomorrow!

Rants/raves? 
    Rant: @winterecho completely agree about the second trimester lies! The past few days I've started feeling better, but last week was my worst one yet.
    Rave: My friends have started planning my baby shower! It seemed early when they brought it up, but when we looked at calendars there were only 1 or 2 dates that work so I'm glad they are on top of it.

None right now.

A SAHM. Now that I've had a career for more than a decade, I can't imagine staying at home. But super excited about being a mom!

@PizzaMonster3 I am job searching right now. I was planning to do it during the first trimester but I went to one interview feeling like crap and completely blew it, so I decided to wait until I was feeling better. I have a lot of anxieties around the whole situation... Will the hiring managers discriminate once I start showing? Will I not actually have job security because I won't have been there long enough? Will pregnancy brain cause me to say stupid things in interviews? I don't really have a choice, because I need something lined up before my current project ends in a few months. If I could I would stay put, at least through mat leave. 
  • Options
    It's my 1st post here and don't know how to copy/paste on my Galaxy s7. Sorry!

14 weeks
    Still totally exhausted and spending all day on the sofa
    No appointments

Rants/raves: Where's my bump?!

Question: Do breastfed babies still need bibs? We're aiming for a minimalist approach to buying stuff and I hope to EBF and I have no idea if we need to buy bibs lol.

GTKY: I wanted to be the boss of a huge corporation. I had to scale my dreams down a little after 15y working in one at the bottom of the hierarchy.  Now I'm the boss of a small business with my husband and loving it.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @lizgirlie DS used bibs for a long time because of drool, and then obviously when he started solids. So yes.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options
    @lizgirlie yes. Reflux, drool, spit up after burping.  Doesn't matter how you feed, these are all issues.

I appreciate the minimalist approach.  I tried to do that too... was moderately successful.
    TTC x 1.5 years.
    TTC x2 months.
    BFP January 2017.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    How far along are you? 16 Weeks + 3 Days

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? Headaches come and go. Back pain comes & goes.

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go? No appointments until next week.

Rants/raves? Rant: When I'm hungry....I'M HUNGRY!  :D  Trying to plan a gender revel get together....It's so hard to make plans when you have a large family. Raves: Going for a 3D/4D ultrasound tomorrow to find out the gender! So excited!

Questions for FTM, or STM+? When should you buy nursing bras? I'm not going to buy maternity bras, but am going to go with nursing bras. As of right now I can still wear my regular bar, but they are starting to get tight.

GTKY: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? I didn't really know what I wanted to be as a child or in high school. I just kind of flew by the seat of my pants!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @pizzamonster3 DH is the same way. It is super sweet though how attentive he is right now! I wish we could hire a house cleaner.  :#

@buttercream_frosting Thank you for the great tips! Having the support/encouragement from SO will be so important. I feel like I need to write a list of things to do/discuss before baby comes. 
    Me: 31 DH:35
    TTC #1: March 2011 
    Fur-children: 3 dogs + 2 cats (all rescued)
    dx: Endometriosis and Fibroids 
    2 Laps and 1 Abdominal Myomectomy
    6 rounds of clomid
    5 rounds of iui
    IVF #1 Gonal F, Menopur and Cetrotide
    ER 12/1/2016:Retrieved 22 eggs 12 fertilized, developed moderate OHSS
    4/4 day 5 embryos were normal for PGS!!! 2 boys/2 girls
    FET 1/10/2017  
    Gallbladder surgery 1/10/2017
    FET 2/2
    BFP 2/7/17 <3 Beta#1: 594!!! Beta#2 1630!!!
    Having a girl! EDD 10/21/17
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @nhoover88 I would just buy them now. Your boobs will likely only get bigger post-partum so try to buy soft cups that will stretch a bit.
     --------
    I heart theSkimm
    I heart YNAB
    ---------
    “Happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, 
    if one only remembers to turn on the light." 
    - Albus Dumbledore
  • Options

How far along are you?
     17+2

Any new symptoms or changes since last check in? I *think* i can say i am feeling the baby. Two semsations i have felt regularly the past few days i strongly think are the baby. Mostly feel it at night and after food. One nasty symptom (not new but now at a higher intensity) gas. My belly was hard as a rock and as big as a 8months expecting mom yesterday. It hurt so bad to the point where i had a hard time moving. The stomach part of my belly was swollen like never before. 

Any appointments since last check in? How did it go?  None

Rants/raves? Call me self centered but I hate my sister for not caring about me or this pregnancy. Since she left Canada after giving birth and went back to morocco not one phone call (that was 3 months ago and she knew i was pregnant) . The fact that i have been taking care of her her whole pregnancy, she was living with us, her Husband being in Morocco, makes me hate her attitude even more. 

Questions for FTM, or STM+? None this week

GTKY: When you were a child, what did you want to be when you grew up? First i wanted to be a singer. Then a lawyer. Finaly i wanted to be a crime investigator. 
    Somehow i studied translation and am a SAHWifey.