December 2017 Moms
Options

Crafty Ladies

Just thought I would open up a thread for us to post whatever we are working on... Don't know if we should do a weekly thang, or just keep this thread going.  I know I love seeing what others are working on because it pushes me to create!  I started a painting this week that I'd love to finish!  It's my first go at acrylics as I normally stick to watercolors.  What are you all working on?

Re: Crafty Ladies

• Options
    I'm not really crafty, but that's a beautiful painting.
  • Options
    That's beautiful.
    I'm crafty, but tired. 
    Working on stuff for my boys party this weekend. Made cups for the goody bags and am painting signs for the photo backdrop. For some reason I don't have pictures. Will get some at the party.  

Can't wait to start making stuff for baby ♡
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't wait making baby stuff too @AFrye0726.  I have no idea where to start. I am making a quilt for my best friend who is due in a little over a month.  I have no idea how to sew....youtube here I come!
  • Options
    Not working on anything currently, but need to get some supplies to work on things for the babe! I made my DD a knitted blanket, a sewn blanket, and some swaddles (those will get passed down). Not sure I'll have time to knit and sew for this one; I'll probably sew a minky blanket first and if I have time get to knitting. 

Married May 2014
    DD born August 2016
    Baby #2 due December 2017
  • Options
    I just learned how to crochet and have been having so much fun! I'll post a collage of my last few things so as not to overwhelm with multiple pictures  :#

...that is if it lets me post a picture. The mobile app is buggy :/

• Options
    I sew. And give sewing advice. Never made a quilt though. 
    SN used to be soemthingclever
    Me: 28 DH: 35
    Dx PCOS May 2015
    Baby #1 due 12/7/17
  • Options
    @justsuzie I quilt. If you need help/advice. I'm always around!  I have 2 I'm working on in the background for friends right now.  

@pandawares that is too cute. I can't crochet/knit to save my life. 
  • Options
    I'm an assistant seamstress for a local dance and skatewear designer. I have a couple of my own projects going on as well for some of my skaters (figure skaters that is). My boss just finished up the dance season, and we made A LOT of costumes (solos/duets/groups) for Abby Lee Miller and the girls of Dance Moms/ALDC LA. 

Im supposed to be rhinestoning right now, but I'm bumping and watching tv.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandawares I wish I had discovered planned pooling before I made my blanket for DS... I tried to make a plaid blanket (crochet) and it took SOOOO much work and I actually HATE it lol. I'm definitely going to be trying this out! Thanks for sharing!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    @thanks @AFrye0726. I'll prob take you up on it!

@pandawares love the colors on the second piece!

• Options
    @rachswi wow. I NEED to learn to crochet. So cool. 
  • Options
    I quilt too!

I'm totally dragging on a memory quilt I need to have done for someone before Mother's Day.  I NEED to get it out today and make a dent.  I spent the morning making some glitter sweatshirts for local moms.  I have so much to work on but feeling so BLAH that I'm struggling to find the motivation. 
  • Options
    @justsuzie it's really not too hard! My friend taught me the basic stitch then YouTube and a crochet book taught me the rest! The most annoying was the bear though because it was so difficult to get the limbs looking at least semi-not-lopsided 
  • Options
    @tamaraaaa I'm right there with you.  Maybe we can try to keep each other motivated.  I still have to cut and iron shirts for the weekend. haha.

Sweatshirts look great though!
  • Options
    I was excited to see so many crafty ladies in the intro. I sew clothes, mostly for my kids, but some for me. I'm looking forward to sewing all the things for my new baby :-D
    🎈 Hello
  • Options
    @kvacmak There's a website that will help you figure out exactly how many stitches you should use for the yarn and hook/needle size you're using! It's amazing.
    D17 May Siggy Challenge: Favorite TV/Movie Mom

*TW*

30 January 2017: Loss at 6+2

8 March 2017: Loss at 5+4

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    All I want to do is post all the photos of stuff I've been working on and the Bump won't let me!!!! Grr 
    @justsuzie that painting is beautiful! My sister paints. I've never had an eye for it but I can do charcoal portraits 
    @pandawares I'm digging the fact that you crochet and knit! I can't figure out crochet to save my life. I knit and knit and knit lol
    @rachswi I LOVE THE BATMAN CAPE!!!
  • Options
    rachswirachswi member
    edited April 2017
    You have to upload on the computer - the mobile app is being dumb 

And thanks! It was a blast to make!
  • Options
    That's a beautiful painting!!!

I do adult coloring. It's fun to look on instagram to see other people coloring the same pages. It won't let me post a pic here :( I have mine online @stillmissingthe90s
    Me: 31  DH: 32      <3 DH since 12.2009       Married 08.2013       EDD 12.2017
  • Options
    I do Tunisian crochet, too :wink:

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I'm trying to work through some of my yarn stash before the fall. I've finished a couple of bibs, and I'm currently working on a pair of booties for DS. Pictures later.

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @pandawares You've been busy!  Love it all.
  • Options
    @justsuzie - That's a beautiful painting!  I'm a terrible painter.  I keep trying to do those sip and paint type things, and usually with step-by-step instructions, they come out ok.  But I keep trying to paint trees and nature-scapes and apparently I suck at trees.  I actually had one of the instructors ask if I was trying to be that bad.  Basically, it's anything with lots of thin strokes doesn't work for me.  I'm too heavy handed.  

sdLindenberg - That's super cool.  I don't have cable anymore, but when I did, Dance Moms was a total guilty pleasure!  

@rachswi - GROOOT!

** December BMB Siggy Challenge - Animals in Pools **

Me: 31+ H: 32
    TTC Since 11/2015
    #1 - MMC 6.5 weeks (2/16); #2 - MC due to cystic hygroma at 20 weeks (10/16); #3 CP (2/17); #4 - Due 12.16.17
  • Options
    @Tennis11785I've actually never done one of those wine paint nights.  I would probably go rogue and paint my own thing.
  • Options
    @justsuzie Thanks! This happened today, too. No pattern!

*TW*

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My husband bought me a Cricut for my birthday and I'm dying to bust it out. I have a feeling this baby is going to have all kinds of custom onesies! I'd say I'm generally crafty, but I don't specialize in anything. I do love hand stitching felted wool Christmas ornaments. Mobile hates me, so I can't attach any images, but they're absurdly cute. When we move and have a little more space, I'm looking forward to being able to spread out and work a little more efficiently.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @vvitchhazel Seriously my favorite craft thing I own.  I make all the things with mine. 

Finally had the boys birthday party this weekend. Here are a few pix of the stuff I made. Nothing too over the top, but enough to be cute. Now time to get some other projects done before we start on baby things!

• Options
    @AFrye0726 love it all. You are SO creative.