August 2017 Moms
Options

Monday Ticker Change 4/17

This is for people with due dates 8/7, 8/14, 8/21, and 8/28

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Upcoming appointments this week? 

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY:  What are you most excited for this summer?

Re: Monday Ticker Change 4/17

• Options

How far along are you? 23 weeks

How big is baby? The size of a fertility idol (from Indiana Jones)

Upcoming appointments this week? Next week for the 24 week check up!

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? Nothing new on this front! The feet and ankle swelling has increased, but the symptom itself isn't new 

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I swear, in the past 2 weeks, my belly has doubled in size. I already thought I was big for a FTM at 20 weeks and now I'm like twice as big! Fortunately, I'm gaining basically only in my belly for now but, lawd, I might tip over soon if I keep growing at this rate!

GTKY:  I'm most excited to go to DH's family lakehouse in Michigan for Memorial Day weekend! We haven't been able to make it up there for 4 years and it's such a relaxing and gorgeous place that I'm stoked! 

• Options

How far along are you? 22 weeks

How big is baby? coconuts! Or guinea pigs

Upcoming appointments this week? Nope.  We had our anatomy scan and checkup with the midwife last week, so no appointments until May.

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? I felt actual kicks this morning!  I think the anatomy scan helped me be more in tune with their movements now that I know where the babies actually are.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm just so freaking excited that we finally know the sexes.  Boy and girl!  And I am just feeling so lucky and blessed this week.

GTKY:  What are you most excited for this summer?  Obvious answer is the babies!  I'm honestly not that excited about being very pregnant during a Louisiana summer.  But I am looking forward to having an excuse to eat as many snowballs as I want.

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

How far along are you? 21 weeks

How big is baby? chipotle burrito

Upcoming appointments this week? nothing besides my own doppler appointments at home :D

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? getting more hip/RLP and some cramping if I don't keep up with my water intake.

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I'm already starting to sweat now that the weather is getting nicer, but I think it's bc most places haven't switched their AC on yet. But if this is any indication of what's to come? Just call me Alex Mack for the whole summer.

GTKY:  What are you most excited for this summer? not having to work from the end of June until after I give birth! 

• Options

Happy Monday ladies!!! 

How far along are you? 22 weeks! 

How big is baby? Coconut

No appointment until next month...24 weeks 

My stomach is getting wider/bigger, hardening more...that's new. Also don't feeL like anything is fitting right...great excuse for some retail therapy :)

Rave: WE ARE LEGIT ALMOST DONE! I feel like time is flying by. 

Rant: NYC is so expensive to throw any event...babyshower venue shopping. 

Question? Am I the only one handling my babyshower essentially alone, aside from hired help.

My bday is in June...SO and I share the same bday. That's always fun

• Options
    @SarahBethBR that's so exciting to have one of each in there! It'll be a blast I bet! Also, we moved from florida's panhandle to Washington state in the fall and I'm excited to not be down south for the end of the pregnancy haha however, snoballs sound amazing right now!

@szwill86 my calves have been cramping if my water intake even slightly decreases! And then I chug water and then I pee like a racehorse. It's a vicious cycle haha

@babygia-2 my friends and family are planning my showers and I only give small suggestions. Do you have anyone to pull in and help so you don't get stressed or anything?
  • Options
    @babygia-2 I'd say the vast majority have others (friends/family) throwing showers for them. I personally would never throw myself a shower. 

***TW in Siggy***
    Me: 34 / DH: 33
    Married: Nov 2011
    TTC #1: Jan 2013, BFP Sept 2013, DD: June 2014
    TTC #2: Aug 2016, BFP Nov 2016, DS: August 2017
    BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    babygia-2 said:

Happy Monday ladies!!! 

How far along are you? 22 weeks! 

How big is baby? Coconut

No appointment until next month...24 weeks 

My stomach is getting wider/bigger, hardening more...that's new. Also don't feeL like anything is fitting right...great excuse for some retail therapy :)

Rave: WE ARE LEGIT ALMOST DONE! I feel like time is flying by. 

Rant: NYC is so expensive to throw any event...babyshower venue shopping. 

Question? Am I the only one handling my babyshower essentially alone, aside from hired help.

My bday is in June...SO and I share the same bday. That's always fun

QFP

@babygia-2 just curious why you're planning and throwing your own shower? To me, that seems a little tacky.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    @aehogan90 No one I know has had anyone throw them a shower. All of my friends have done it themselves via hiring help...perhaps it's a cultural thing. Idk...his family will help if I ask...I don't really have family. My friends want details and it's just the norm they wait for the invite, come thru, eat and party. My best friend said it's because no one can afford to throw it for someone but she will assist with little things. 

@bumpybump understood! 

@mokay19 yeah...I have an event planner...and two close friends involved. It's not that bad aside from securing a decent place. My friend paid 2800 to rent out the space for her shower for 6 hrs. Crazy, I know! I want it to be nice and I don't want to spend too much. I won't let this consume me or stress me out.  

Thanks for your feedback ladies 
  • Options
    @Nxy Perhaps you read that wrong...I'm paying for my own event planner...food, decorations, desert table, venue, dj, etc It's how I want it. My friends didn't send me to have this child... I can't expect them to foot the bill for a celebration I want to have. Close friends will help with little things. I'm African American...most of my friends are as well/West Indian...we do it ourselves. It's not a problem. I got it...was just wondering if I was the only one...apparently so  :)
  • Options
    Personally, I'd save the money for diapers and food for my family. Maybe that's just my culture. I hope you have a fun time, I really do, but mlre
    than that, I hope you can still afford the basic necessities for your baby.
    Pregnancy Ticker

5.5.16 | 8.14.17 | 1.30.19
  • Options
    NxyNxy member
    Nope my reading comprehension is just fine. Traditionally, a baby shower is thrown FOR you by your friends/family/SO family. So it confused me that you said: "My best friend said it's because no one can afford to throw it for someone but she will assist with little things." Leading us to believe you were throwing your own shower because your friends can't afford to do it. But if your friends are all hiring event planners and hosting at 3k venues I can't imagine they'd be unable to afford a traditional baby shower. However, what your planning doesn't seem traditional at all so there's that I guess.

A baby shower isn't typically thrown by the mother to be. It also isn't typically something you'd want or need a dj for. I don't understand why you'd throw yourself a baby shower and spend more on that than you would just buying all the baby things yourself. The entire point of a "shower" is to shower the Mom with gifts and love. Shower. Get it. Why not just have a huge party after baby is here if the point isn't to help you get stocked up with baby things? 

See I'd guess that 90% of the people here are of a mind that if someone isn't throwing you a shower you just don't get one. It's considered tacky to throw your own shower. This goes back to when it would have been considered very rude to personally ask someone to buy you gifts. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    @aehogan90 thanks...it'll be everything and I wouldn't do it if we couldn't...but I understand your take, for sure. 

@Nxy yeah not traditional. It's a big thing to throw a shower and eat, drink, party with friends etc while still pregnant...it's how we do things. Do I get it??? Ummmm yeah...I'm able to understand others opinions and breakdown of what a shower was intended to be...my comprehension skills are also just fine. 
  • Options
    How far along are you? 24 weeks (yay!)

How big is baby? cantaloupe 

Upcoming appointments this week? none til glucose test May 5th

Any new symptoms or changes or cravings? no, but I decided I need to eat healthier so I'm cutting out some bad habits I've picked up from just letting myself eat whatever I want

Rants/Raves/Questions?  

GTKY:  What are you most excited for this summer? swimming lessons with 1yo DD and beach vacations :)

@babygia-2 I'm not having any showers this time as it's my second child. I could see my bible study group from church throwing me a very small
    sprinkle with just diapers/wipes and prayer time (we tried to do this for the last girl who was pregnant but she went into labor before we got a chance) but I'm not going to bank on that just in case it doesn't happen. Enjoy your time celebrating your baby with friends and family!
  • Options
    I'm not really judging throwing your own shower because I get that people do things differently.  But dude, if I had to throw my own baby shower, complete with event planner and dj, there would not be a shower.  I'm far too lazy for all of that right now.  Growing a baby and doing my job are about the only things I have the energy for.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @middy411 thanks...if you do end up having one thrown, hope you enjoy it as well.

@SarahBethBR Trust me I get it on the energy note