September 2017 Moms

Bitchfest 4/17

13»

Re: Bitchfest 4/17

• @angeladowns1 I also do not get paid maternity leave and do not have short term disability insurance. I will get paid whatever I have in vacation and sick leave. (Which is about 3 weeks) but I plan on taking off closer to 11 weeks. I've saved $200 per paycheck for the past few months and so far have about $1500 saved. (It's rough, but I make myself put that amount into savings as soon as I get my paycheck and make do with whatever is left.) I should have about $3500 saved by the time baby gets here but it is going to be extremely tight while I am off work. 

Thankfully SO's mother is very adamant about buying a lot of stuff for baby boy, and we will most definitely let her as it will give us the opportunity to budget and save. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @bridge-and-wall thank you I hope he also agrees to get some help. I'd hate for my boys to grow up without a father, but I will make sure to do what is best for them. His behavior is unacceptable. I'm sorry to hear you were married to one. I can imagine it was difficult. I'm hoping your marriage now is well!

@ColoradoHiker it's not usual behavior for him to pee in inappropriate places. He's don't it about 4 times however in the past year. I've not made as big a deal about them in the past because it did not affect something so important to me. He does drink every night and I know that is a problem. The problem is getting him to see it as a problem. I hate to give ultimatums but at this point there are two little guys whose lives could be drastically affected by this. My own father is a drunk and I refuse to raise my kids around it. I'm curious to see what he chooses. He didn't say a word while I was talking/yelling at him. Then again, I think anyone would be scared to. I'm not the type to be so assertive and get so mad. And right now I probably appear as a fire-breathing dragon!
  • @divinemsm620 I'm in the same boat  except no sore throat. I've been coughing and dealing with plegm nonstop for almost 3 weeks now.  Someone said it may be allergies, but I'm going to ask my doctor about it Friday during my appointment. 
    I don't think mine are allergies. I have those... but I started my allergy medicine on 4/10. (I am so relieved it is pregnancy-safe!) I guess I could be wrong, but I think this is still from the virus I got, which started with the sore throat.
  • @mbates87 Wow I'm so sorry that you're going through this right now. It sounds like you're definitely making the right call by figuring out what options you have and by doing what's best for you and your boys because that's the most important thing here. He might say his sorry, but if this is repeated behavior, he's clearly not THAT sorry. Actions speak louder than words, ya know? Again, I'm really sorry you even have to deal with this. Hopefully he comes to his senses before he loses his family. Big hugs. 

Me & DH: 31  |  Married: 5.4.13  |  TTC: April 2016  |  BFP: 1.8.17  |  EDD: 9.13.17

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• @mbates87 I think you are making the right decision speaking to a lawyer. If he doesn't get help, the drinking could have a huge effect on your kids. You don't want them growing up around that. Hopefully, his family means more to him than the booze, but I know that's not the case for some alcoholics. I'm so sorry that you're going through this. I can't imagine how hard that is while you're pregnant. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • @mbates87  I'm so glad you stuck up for yourself (and your kids) hopefully he really gets it and will do what he needs to do to be better for his family!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @mbates87 that's good to hear. Has he tried before? If so, is he willing to get help this time?

• lilpootslilpoots member
    edited April 2017
    @mbates87 I hope he is able to stop drinking and get to the root of his problems. Alcoholism runs in my family on both sides and is why my husband doesn't have a father(he didn't decide to quit). It is such a difficult disease. Have you looked into family of al-anon support for yourself?

Eta: I'm sorry I realise my post comes across sort of strange. I was trying to relate and support, but I'm not sure it reads that way. Your H putting his family above all, is a very good start.