Babies on the Brain
Options

TWW/WTO - Apr. 16

This is the first TWW/WTO thread. If there's anything you think that should be added or removed just let me know! 

Month/Cycle:

CD/DPO:

WTO - WAYDTGKU:

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R:

CS/Q:

GTKY: What superpower would you choose and why?

Re: TWW/WTO - Apr. 16

• Options
    edited April 2017
    @Chloandcoco - Yay!!! Our first TWW/WTO post!!!

I'm not quite there yet but I thought I'd say hi and do the GTKY :) I hope that's ok

I think invisibility would be cool! I am thinking flying or the ability to manipulate time for me :)

ETA: to add gif :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter - feel free to join! That way there's more than one person posting... haha! 

I can't wait for May when a lot of you lovely ladies get to join in!
  • Options
    I'll play, too, also to keep @ChloandCoco company! (And because I'm bored)

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses I honestly don't understand the point of a "sprinkle" or second baby shower, UNLESS it's been so long since the previous baby that the parents just don't have anything. My sister's first kid is going to be 11 in September and her little brother is coming in two months. So my sister literally doesn't have anything from when my niece was a baby. Honestly, in the situation you're in, I'd just get that person a 3 pack of onesies or something similar and call it a day.

Month/Cycle: 0/0

CD/DPO: CD 9

WTO - WAYDTGKU: Since we're still not trying, I'm just taking the PNV and making sure I keep up on my meds and their side effects and pregnancy risks. Once we start, if I'm still taking anything besides my migraine meds, I'll let the doctor know.

R/R: We've been working on this puzzle for a few days and it's driving us both crazy.

CS/Q: What's this abbreviation for? *confused*

GTKY: What superpower would you choose and why? Probably something similar to Wolverine's healing ability. That would come in handy.

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - I feel the same way once more people are able to post I will sit back and wait but for now it's nice to keep her company :) Re:preseed I have not used it personally but I from my lurking I I have learned a little goes a looonnnggg way and that it seems to be well liked by the people who do use it on TB.

@dreamscapes_ CS/Q = chart stalk or questions :)
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ I agree, I could get onboard w the shower if it was a big gap like that in between kids. Especially if it was a surprise for the parents. But 99% of the time I am anti "sprinkle." Plus calling it a sprinkle makes me think of "tinkle." Gross.

@glitzandglitter good to know about the preseed! I'll keep that in mind.
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - We only use preseed when needed and a little goes a very LONG way. We followed the instructions the first time and it was a big mistake! 

@dreamscapes_ - Hopefully your puzzle clicks and it starts getting fun again!
  • Options
    @glitzandglitter Ah, okay! I was wondering, lol.

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses I'm the same way (even down to the weird name). If someone wants to give gifts, that's one thing, but I'm not sure if I'd feel comfortable with showers for a second baby. DH and I have pretty much agreed that whatever big stuff we get or register for will be neutral so it can be used more than once.

@ChloandCoco It will, it's just getting to that point where everything looks the same, lol. This is the puzzle. What's left is pretty much just the wolves and the snow on the bottom.
  • Options

I'll play!  Fingers crossed for you, @ChloandCoco

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses, I am also not a fan of sprinkles.  While I know every baby should be celebrated, I don't feel the need to have a party for everything!  When I registered for things for DS, I put gender neutral things so I could use it for a boy and/or girl.  I feel like it is a complete waste of money to have a gender specific pack N play, car seat, travel system and then reregister for the opposite sex themed stuff with a second child.  I'm going to go a step further and say I don't care for gender reveal parties either.  Again, I don't think yet another party is necessary.  Just my opinion... I'm off my soap box now.  :)

Month/Cycle: 0/0

CD/DPO: CD 9

WTO - WAYDTGKU: PNV, charting my cycles, Eating healthy, no caffeine, trying to lose some weight 

TWW - Timing:

TWW - Testing:

R/R: I'm good for now.  :)

CS/Q:

GTKY: What superpower would you choose and why? I want to be able to transport places (is that a superpower?).  I work 40+ minutes from home.  The days I'm running late it would be great to just be able to transport to where I need to be.

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    UO: I don't like any wedding/baby showers. The whole thing is so awkward. I love giving gifts and I really do get people wanting to help couples in either situation but the actual event is just so uncomfortable to me. I have never enjoyed going to a shower so there's that, too.

Basically, bah-humbug.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather I don't mind wedding/baby showers in general but I do find it super awkward to open a bunch of gifts in front of people!!

@JNCPro3130 I'm also not a fan of gender reveal parties!! If people want to find a cute way to share with their immediate families, fine. But most other people don't care that much. No need to invite 30 people over for a party!
  • Options
    Lol! I still haven't gotten a postpartum period so last period was October 2014.  Sooo no damn idea on any of it.  I'm on the implant though sooo
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Just like @UterusesBeforeDuderuses, I don't mind baby showers or wedding showers either, but I find it really awkward to open gifts in front of people. 

I had a gender reveal party when I was pregnant with my DD, we just had our immediate family over for dinner and had a cake with pink icing inside. It was a lot of fun and very low key. 
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco low key is totally cool! You invited the people that were invested in it. I get that!
  • Options
    @chloandcoco - we did the same for my DS2 we had just family over to my mom's house. We lived away from all of our family at the time so it was nice to come home (we already had the trip planned) and see everyone and reveal we were having another boy :)
  • Options
    lilsebastianlilsebastian member
    edited April 2017

I still need to go back and respond to y'all but in the meantime here's me

Month/Cycle: 1/1 NTNP

CD/DPO: CD18 DPO 3 (O prediction/guess based on cycle length NOT OPKs or temping)

WTO - WAYDTGKU: Asking my husband to DTD. 

TWW - Timing: We failed. We had sex once on the 11th but that's been it. We are totally out this month, I think. 

TWW - Testing: No plans to test unless AF doesn't show her ugly face. 

R/R: I wish DH would just get 100% on board. Sometimes he's all about it, other times, he's like no, we should wait. I'm ready, we're ready, let's stop hemming and hawing and take. that. leap. 

CS/Q: What PNVs are y'all using? I need to get back in that game. 

GTKY: What superpower would you choose and why? Teleportion/apparation (for my fellow Harry Potter fans). Because never having to commute would be the best. 

• Options
    @ChloandCoco - i missed this but why is January the earliest you can do for a baby birthday?

@uterusesbeforeduderuses - I hate the whole "second shower" thing, it feels so greedy but also I totally plan to throw all of my friends baby-q's or similar celebration of pregnancy parties for their future littles. Is that a thing? Can I make it a thing? I'm making it a thing. Less presents and more 'we love you and your family and we are so excited for you so here is some cake, you beautiful tropical fish' if that makes sense. Are you going to go? I hate how much social pressure there is to shell out the money and attend those things.  

Other thoughts - not a fan of gender reveal parties, but also I'm a huge fan of being team green (and plan to be for all future pregnancies). It's fun not knowing. I like bridal/baby showers, but I prefer ones that are smaller and with one group of friends/family. I think it gets awkward when there's like 40 people there and it's mom and grandma, and your in-laws and your best friend group, and your husband's friend's wives. Disclosure we had like 7 baby showers and they were a blast because each one only had around 7-10 people so they much more casual and laid back and less "let's sit around opening gifts for an hour"

I need to stop using y'all online. I never use it in real life so idk what is wrong with me?! lol 
  • Options
    @denimjeans - At work our busiest time is from September to the end of December, so I don't want to go on a mat leave during that time. Also, I live in Canada and will be taking a full year off work and I don't want to go back to work when it's really busy. 
    I'm sorry your DH is flip-flopping, hopefully he gets with the plan for your next cycle.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco makes sense! DS's due date was the day before a big giant conference we put on every other year, and one that I have a huge role in, and it was a bit crazy. He came two weeks early, too, so that left people scrambling a bit. I actually had JUST handed in a big giant project the Friday before he came, so that was lucky! I can understand why you want to wait a bit to avoid the rush. 
  • Options
    @denimjeans - It wouldn't be that bad because I work in an office, but it would be very stressful. And there are a lot of people in my family that have birthdays in December, so we wanted to avoid that too. 
  • Options
    dreamscapes_dreamscapes_ member
    edited April 2017
    Another vote for the "I'm not a fan of gender reveal parties" camp! It just seems like a waste to me. Especially since sonograms can be read wrong. Unless you did an amnio or another test like that, you don't know for sure until the kid pops out.

@denimjeans I use NatureMade prenatal multi with DHA. They were recommended by my best friend, and we found a bulk bottle at our warehouse store for a reasonable price. I've been taking them since July, so I'm gonna need a new one in about a month. Also, I'm SO amused at your "beautiful tropical fish" thing, lol :D

Random, but I'm sitting here typing this while my DH is playing a video game next to me and he looked at what I was doing and says, "You know if it wasn't for your back and the money situation, we'd be trying right now, right?" Apparently he saw @denimjeans's comment about her husband flip flopping and wanted to make sure that I didn't think that was the case with him. I just thought that was cute :)
  • Options
    @denimjeans - I take the one-a-day PNV :)
  • Options
    @denimjeans, I take a one-a-day vitamin too.  I was on prenatal plus with DS.  It's a precription and was really cheap ($10 for 3 months, not through insurance).  I think I am going to ask my doctor if he'll prescribe it for me again.  I think the presciption ones have more folic acid in it than the over the counter ones.

@dreamscapes_, Bless your DH!  That was sweet of him to say.  I hope you get all settled soon!  

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @denimjeans - I take Materna pnv. I tried a few other brands but they would upset my stomach. 
  • Options
    @denimjeans baby-q like BBQ? I love that idea! I am going to the shower but don't plan on spending what I would normally... as for PNV, I use Thorne Research- Basic Prenatal. I wanted Something with Folate instead of Folic Acid. It is 3 a day and not cheap, but I like it!

@ChloandCoco ughhh you get a year off??? Excuse me while I move to Canada.

• Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses - We get 52 weeks off, but I'll probably take 54 weeks. The company I work for is really flexible with start/end dates.
  • Options
    @ChloandCoco, That's fantastic! I wish I could afford to take that long off!

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I am so glad I'm not alone in being anti-gender reveal party. I mean, cool, but just tell people what the baby is or don't. I don't even care to have a shower for baby 1, much less extra parties and additional showers for baby 2, 3, etc...

I am not able to participate in the questions, BUT!!! I would definitely choose invisibility. I am SUPER nosey, so I would leave to be able to spy on people without them knowing. 
  • Options
    @denimjeans: I also take One-A-Day Prenatal 1. It's just 1 pill with DHA, plus it has 800 mcg of folic acid. That was the one requirement my fertility doctor had was 800 mcg. A lot have only 400
  • Options
    @JennyColada YOUR MAGICAL PLATE IDEA IS GENIUS!!!!!
  • Options
    @JennyColada, Good grief!  Seriously?! Not EVERYTHING needs to be pink for girls or blue for boys.  I recently saw a plastic pink basketball goal by fisher price.  The one DS has is red and blue.  That seems, to me at least, pretty gender neutral.  Although I have to admit I hate pink, so even if I have a daughter pink will not be bought by me.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I hope it's okay I jump in:

@denimjeans We had a baby-q for our daughter. She was born in July and we had it Labor Day weekend. It was awesome. I didn't want a traditional baby shower and it was so nice to hang with friends, pass the baby around, drink some beer, and not stress. And did I mention drink beer? :wink:
    Me: 28 | Husband: 39
    Married March 2016
    DD: born 7.22.16
    DS EDD: 6.23.18
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Stuck in Box
    @JNCPro3130 Make sure you are charting and using OPKs. If you aren't going to have a lot of sex make sure it's really well timed and you should still be fine. 

• Options
    A small get together with close friends is much more my style! 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Stuck in Box
    @JNCPro3130 Make sure you are charting and using OPKs. If you aren't going to have a lot of sex make sure it's really well timed and you should still be fine. 
    I think you meant to tag @JennyColada in this, but I will agree.  My DH and I are the same way (we aren't a DTD every week couple), but we still have DS.  I charted my cycles and CM.  I knew/know when I ovulate, so I was able to get pregnant. Timing is everything!  :) 

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker