September 2017 Moms
Options

What my pregnant self is eating! 4-14

Salsa, salsa and more chips and salsa please! I have to have a huge bowl of my favorite organic salsa (sometimes I make a small side of guacamole also) and blue sprouted tortilla chips everyday this past few weeks!  The serving size says two tablespoons... really???  Try half a cup. Also, homemade chicken salads have really been hitting the lunch spot for me almost everyday not to mention so super easy to throw together.

Re: What my pregnant self is eating! 4-14

• Options
    I have been all about the deviled eggs this week- I've made two batches now. :grimace: I'm also really into cereal, turkey sandwiches, avocado toast, bagels and cream cheese, tuna salad, and all things dairy. I'm going to have to try chicken salad now that you mentioned it, @JustBored10, since I know I'm supposed to limit my tuna intake.

I've been struggling, because I'm constantly hungry, but I don't have time to stop and prepare stuff once an hour, yet so many easy to grab things aren't healthy. I've been doing a lot of pre-cut fruit or no-sugar-added fruit cups, and raw veggies with dill dip, but would love other ideas for easy, decently healthy snacks.   

• Options
    I have also reached the point of never ending hunger.  I usually have some type of granola or protein bar with me just in case.  I also have been buying dried fruit and some nuts and seeds to make my own trail mix, I had some yogurt with strawberries and its easy to make ahead either a pasta or quinoa salad with fresh veggies for a quick filling snack.  Also, smoothies are a good idea!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Kale super food salad from costco is my jam right now. 

I'm eating a bunch of vegetarian curries too. This baby hates meat and sweets so I've needed to get creative. 
  • Options
    I just made a chickpea curry sandwich for lunch!  Love curry!  Ia m also with you @Souptin this baby is not liking or craving sweets which is ok with me!
  • Options
    I just ate an apple and it was so delicious. Maybe I am just easy to please.

Since the start of Passover, I've been missing my pregnancy favorite: salty and spicy ramen noodle soups from a couple of local restaurants. I can't seem to get enough.
  • Options
    Guys...I had to leave work an hour early yesterday because I was so hungry!!! Lol! Guess I need to bring more food with me from now on!

I've been eating a ton of cottage cheese and avocados (not together though, ew!). I've also been eating a lot of cereal/granola/protein bars only because those are easy to throw in my purse and eat whenever.

@Souptin I usually have a major sweet tooth, but my baby isn't a fan of sweets either! He also isn't interested in me having much meat!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• Options
    I'm eating everything is sight lately! 
  • Options
    Souptin said:

I'm eating a bunch of vegetarian curries too. This baby hates meat and sweets so I've needed to get creative. 
    My baby doesn't love meat or sugar either. Ugh.. isn't this a little too soon for picky eaters? 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Souptin said:

My baby doesn't love meat or sugar either. Ugh.. isn't this a little too soon for picky eaters? 
    Never too soon for a picky eater lololol. DS hated subway and chips and salsa. 
  • Options
    Souptin said:

Never too soon for a picky eater lololol. DS hated subway and chips and salsa. 
    Salsa is usually one of my favorite things, and I can't even stand the smell of it now. Or any deli meat besides turkey. 

• Options
    We're having cheese pizzas tonight from Papa John's! A little boring, but being Good Friday meat is out for DH. I'm actually really hungry tonight and super excited for pizza!  :p
    DD 6/2007
    DS 4/2009
    m/c 11/12/2010 ~ 7 wks
    m/c 7/4/2012 ~ 6 wks
    DD 12/2013
    mmc Baby Girl 7/12/2015 ~ 14 weeks  <3
    Twin girls! 8/26/2017

• Options
    Empire apples. They MUST be Empires. And cinnamon raisin bagels with cream cheese and jam.

And Chinese chicken fingers. And fries.
  • Options
    I'm pretty much eating everything I can get my hands on. We went to KFC the other day and I can't tell you how much I enjoyed the extra crispy fried chicken and the delicious biscuit I had
  • Options
    Pears this week. So good. Don't know why. Also, add me to the always hungry group. I bring yogurt, fruit, and string cheese to work every day. Even with that and a normal lunch, I'm starving when I leave. Maybe I could add carrot sticks or something. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me 34 DH 34 
    PCOS

DS1 born September 2017
    Baby number 2 due 4/11/20
  • Options
    My stomach & surrounding muscles hurt so much if I eat just a bite too much.  I'm sitting at my desk in pain b/c my girlfriends brought icecream to the lunchroom today.  It's supposed to fill in the cracks!!! :bawling: 
    *TW* 
    Me: 35 | DH: 38
    Met: 2007
    Married: 2013

BFP #1: 06/21/16                MMC: 08/04/16
    BFP #2: 01/08/17             DD: 09/23/17 <3
    BFP #3: 06/10/20             EDD: 02/11/2021

• Options
    I want some movie theater popcorn so bad right now!