June 2017 Moms
Options

Movements

Can anyone describe the movements you are feeling, particularly if you know for certain that your baby is head down, footling breech, frank breech, etc?  My first pregnancy was frank breech all the way and the piece I remember vividly was feeling pressure on one of my hips pretty much constantly.  This time I feel more pressure towards my bladder but it also feels like appendages are poking my bladder too, so I'm questioning footling breech.  I go in two weeks for an u/s but I am impatiently wanting to know where we "sit" here at 30 weeks!

Re: Movements

• Options
    Baby is head down and I feel lots of movement in my vagine and lower abdomen. I also get lots of movement in my upper abdomen. 
  • Options
    Check out spinning babies and their belly mapping information, I found that incredibly helpful. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Baby was breech until about 2 weeks ago. I thought for sure she was still breech at our last ultrasound but she was head down! The only different feeling I had when she flipped was a lot of pelvic pain. Since she is still folded in half I still feel movements down low and once in awhile above my belly button. 
    Lilypie Maternity tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Head down.  I feel movements low in my abdomen and also higher up (feet I'm guessing).   Most of the movement is on my right side which is funny when they go to check her with a doppler.  I'm always like "move a little to the right"
  • Options
    Check out spinning babies and their belly mapping information, I found that incredibly helpful. 
    I just checked this out! Super helpful info!
  • Options
    My first was breech from at least 32 weeks on.  Her head was literally between my ribs and you could feel it/make it out.  Kicks were low but I felt punches all around.

This one is head down I believe (as was my second).  I feel a lot of pressure on my pelvis and bladder.  I can maybe make out her butt on the left side of my stomach and feel kicks to my right.  I also feel hiccups down low.  I feel like she likes to kick her feet out and her butt out at the same time and I feel pressure/kicks out of both sides at once.  It's a weird feeling. 
  • Options
    Head Down and feeling movements from my pelvic area and as of late up to my ribs!

~Declare it..Claim it..It will be!!~

5/9/09
    Lilypie - Personal picture 

Here We Go Again!!

• Options
    Dd was head down. I'm short (5'1) with a short torso so it felt like her feet were in my lungs. 
    My wonderful unique son is in a very weird position and I'm stressing because of it. His head is my left rib and his feet switch from my right hip to feet down. My midwife showed me what to look for with his head and it's very obvious since it's in such a weird spot. It's like a little tennis ball where my waist used to be. I feel lots of movements about 2" above my belly button and I can feel his feet move around too. I'm only 30 weeks, so I'm praying he gets his act together and gets head down soon. 
  • Options
    She's head down. We can always locate her head in the middle of my abdomen right above my pelvis but she wiggles her butt from side to side. Currently her butt/back is along the middle of my stomach with her knees/feet pushing into back into the lower portion of my right ribs. 

Her butt always stays out in front of my rib cage so I don't feel any compression on my lungs or shortness of breath. My son was the same way. 
  • Options
    My little lady is head down and I feel the majority of kicks and jabs on my right side (low and high). She's in a number 7 shape. the bottom of the seven being her head, the corner her butt (on my left side) and the last point her legs (and arms, but the US tech said they could be all over). I do feel pressure on my bladder at times when she tries to stretch out. Movement has been consistent before and after my US last week, so I am convinced she's in the same position.  
  • Options
    DD was breech. Her head was always in the right side of my ribs. And sometimes she would spread her legs apart and I would feel pressure from her feet on both sides of my stomach. 

This one is head down and I can feel rolling movements, but I'm not really sure what body parts I'm feeling where. I have tons of pressure on my cervix and butt. She also gets the hiccups a lot and i feel them in my pelvis. 
  • Options
    Ladies. ... my uterus is on top of my ribs instead of under them. Is that abnormal? The baby's foot or arm slides way up near my boobs.
    I haven't had an ultrasound since 20 weeks. I feel almost all the movement In my upper right abdomen. I sometimes feel large lumps toward the middle upper portion of my uterus, above my belly button. 
  • Options
    @doodleoodle hiccups in my vagina all the time. Such an odd sensation. 
  • Options
    @Elyse1384 while I feel like LO is doing that to my belly it does NOT look like that...that's just scary. 
  • Options
    My baby is in a footling breech position, so I feel head butts on the right side of my belly button, butt wiggles on the left side of my belly button, and little feather kicks on my cervix.
  • Options
    LO is still partly transverse. His feet are up high on my right ribs and his head is down by my left hip. He's been like this for weeks.
     DS had been head down for a long time by this point! 
  • Options
    Elyse1384 said:
    Ugh my LO went back to transverse again this week.  Today he/she is kind of diagonal (head near my left hip and feet near my right ribcage).  I swear #3 is already giving me an emotional run for my money between the 2VC and the constant position changes at this stage. 

I'm also starting to get the more uncomfortable movements that come with the third tri.  Less of the "ahhh how cute, he/she is moving!" and more "WTF is happening!" Anyone else?

I saw a friend's baby do something similar.  Through her belly, we saw a definite hip, knee, and ankle. It was nuts!

DD1 was head down most of the time by this point (29w4d), but this baby is still moving a ton. Sometimes she chills in a breach position and my belly bulges out my sides. It is weird. Other times, she is head down, and puts a lot of pressure on my pelvic area. Most of the time I feel lots of jabs all across my belly and my bladder just might be bruised.
    Married 8/29/09
    MC: 9/14
    Goober #1 born: 8/17/15
    MC: 9/16
    Goober # 2 EDD: 6/27/17
  • Options
    jennas312jennas312 member
    edited April 2017
    I'm 32 weeks tomorrow and the past couple of days baby girl has been moving a ton! I feel everything from low near the hip, to up high near my ribs. Most common place though is mid section behind belly button. She must be anxious to get out! 
    My husband remarked last night how it seems like I've been pregnant for a really long time. Tell me about it lol.
    Just happy I'm not a giraffe! Poor things! :-D

@shmarpler I think my baby was using my bladder as punching bag yesterday.  I went pee 3 times in 5 minutes. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

DD was breech at 26 weeks but had flipped by 36.  I had anterior placenta and didn't feel her much in the center of my belly, so I had no idea what was happening until I realized around 34 weeks that the giant mass that seemed to be constantly in my ribs making me uncomfortable was probably her butt.  And it was.

I have no idea what this baby is doing either...I suspected up until about a week ago that she was breech, because 90% of the movement I felt was still down really low.  But this week I'm feeling movement up higher, and occasionally feeling a mass getting closer to my ribs, so I suspect she has either already flipped or is transverse on her way to going head down right now.  Yay. I asked the doctor last week and she said they don't even try to feel for position until 36 weeks, and if they can't determine it on feel alone you have a scan at that appointment.  I needed a scan last time, so we'll see how this goes.

I also had a scan at 38 weeks last time, because my blood pressure started to elevate, and I was told that the baby was "just in perfect position!" but then by the time I was in labor a week and a half later she had turned sunny-side-up, so I guess you never really know how it's going to shake out until it's happening.  I just really want to avoid a CS this time, so I'm hoping she goes head down and stays there sometime soon.

• Options
    bergberg member
    @elyse1384 I told DH the other night that I'm convinced this child is trying to break free by clawing/kicking directly through my stomach.  

• Options
    HgPaHgPa member
    Jamie just punched/kicked my bladder WHILE I WAS PEEING. That was a very odd sensation  :|
  • Options
    I think I felt baby hiccups for the first time today but it was really subtle, almost like feeling for someone's pulse. Does that sound right, or was I maybe actually feeling a pulse? 

I've been told at my last 3 appointments that baby is already head down, but I can't really tell what movements are hands vs feet vs whatever else beyond guessing. I feel things in my lower/mid abdomen but haven't felt anything up high like my ribs or anything. Most of the moves that are actually visible through my belly seem to be on the right side, even though I still feel similar on the left. 
  • Options
    danij0danij0 member
    edited April 2017
    @CapricaAndrea I think I've figured out hiccups, but maybe not. I think they feel more like a tap-pause-tap-pause over and over for quite a while. So kind of like a pulse but a slow pulse. I almost always feel them down super low.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    It's so funny when my baby does a couple quick movements and it makes the fat all over my belly shake!! Like Jello!! Lol!!
  • Options
    @CapricaAndrea my feels like a pulse too. I guess that's what it is. No idea.
    Pregnancy Ticker