November 2017 Moms

Thursday Ticker Change 4/13

1) How many weeks are you? 
2) How are you feeling? 
3) Any appointments or tests this week?
4) Rants/Raves/Questions? 
5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home)

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4/13

• 1) How many weeks are you? 8 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?  Pretty good so far this morning. Have had bouts of nausea and vomiting over the last few days, mostly in the afternoon/evening. I have also found it is far worse when laying down, so that sucks.
    3) Any appointments or tests this week? Had my first dating U/S on Tuesday. All went well with a heartbeat of 164 and on track development.
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Super excited that my parents will find out tomorrow (mailed their package) and we are telling DH's mom this weekend over breakfast. No one else knows at this point other than my OB and my dentist. So it will be nice to have a few people know.
    5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home) 

I will return to work full-time after my maternity leave is finished. I earn about twice what DH earns and will probably earn about 3 times his earnings in the next few years. So me not working isn't really an option financially, but I also have no interest in giving up my career that I have worked hard to develop so far. Fortunately, our income gap has never bothered DH and while he loves his job (teaching/athletics), he is less concerned with advancement. We have discussed him maybe working part-time at some point or a modified schedule, but we will see. 
    2) How are you feeling? Anxious and the nausea has been brutal.  I exist on cheerios to get me through the morning. 
    3) Any appointments or tests this week? 1st appt is tomorrow.  Hoping for good news. 
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  I am super excited that I made it to 8 weeks and I haven't had any bleeding.  That is my continued success. 
    5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home) I will go back to work full time.   We need my income even though it feels like a lot of it will go to daycare.  

@dragonfly87 Yay for 8 weeks! I think it's funny that your dentist knows that is one of the first people I had to tell because I had to get a cavity filled. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @angkay711 yeah, it was a little awkward because I was about 7 weeks along, but they wanted to do xrays on my teeth. So I wasn't sure, when they asked if anything had changed medically, I blurted out, "I am pregnant." A little strange to share it with a man I see literally twice a year, but wanted to be on the safe side. He also said, "I bet your parents are excited to be grandparents." To which I awkwardly responded, "they will be, when I tell them." 
  • 1) How many weeks are you?  11 

2) How are you feeling? pretty good physically other than I'm quite tired today.  starting to get very anxious for my next appointment though

3) Any appointments or tests this week? 1 week from today

4) Rants/Raves/Questions?  the weather is finally getting nice enough that I've started going for walks with my mom after work, which is great, but I've been so lazy lately that my legs are killing me!  

5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home) plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home) I will be on maternity leave for 4 months then I'll be going back to work full time. I enjoy my job and don't think I could handle being a SAHM (kudos to those who can/do). Even if I could handle it, we wouldn't make it financially without me working. 
  • @dragonfly87 yay for a good first appointment! That's exciting you're about to share the news with some family

@angkay711 good luck with your appointment tomorrow!  I alternated cheerios and pretzels to get me through a few really rough weeks 
  • 1) How many weeks are you? 
    10 weeks
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Good except for the sore boobs. I thought they were getting better but nope. I am getting a little bit of my energy back which I'm happy about. 
    I need to go in for some blood work but I can do that anytime in the next two weeks. 
    Yay for nice weather and a three day weekend. I also work from home on Monday which is even better!
    I will take the 12 weeks of FMLA and then head back to work. I wish I could be a SAHM but I make more than hubby does so until he gets a higher paying job, I'll have to go back to work. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2) How are you feeling? I've started developing nausea the past week, but it's mainly at night. Other than that, pretty good!
    3) Any appointments or tests this week? Next appointment isn't until May 1st! I'm super eager to get to my appointment already. I just need confirmation that baby is okay and still growing on track. 
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? Random question, but anyone know how to change your name on here? My account says I'm animallover, but it keeps posting as Knottie....
    5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home) My husband makes all the money, so I'm planning on being a stay at home mom. We both had SAHMs so we both wanted that for our kids too. I have also never found a career that I really enjoyed. 
  • @Knottie35903349 you have to go to The Knot and change your username there (under settings). Then log out and log back in on The Bump. 
  • animallover85animallover85 member
    edited April 2017
    Thanks @dragonfly87! It's all changed now!
  • 1. 9 weeks! Although I may be switching to the Tuesday check-in, since that lines up with LMP and my US tech on Monday said I was measuring on track for that.

2. Still exhausted. Craving all the carbs and cheese. My bras are starting to get tight. I may have to go up a size soon.

3. I had my second US on Monday and baby was measuring on track with a HR of 178! So happy and thrilled. This is the farthest I've ever made it!

4. We finally started telling people last night. We told our really close friends from college, and they were so happy for us. It was really nice to feel excited and happy, and start planning for this baby, rather than the fear and anxiety I've been living in.

5. I'll take my FMLA leave and then come back full time. I also make more than DH, so we need my income, even if the majority of it goes to daycare. I also don't know if I could be a SAHM. I think I'd get lonely and depressed.
    9 weeks
    2) How are you feeling?
    Fine, although still tired.
    Nope, not for another couple weeks.
    Rant: I stressed out my knee when I was working out a couple of days ago, so I'm trying to take it easy, but I am also afraid of getting out of the workout habit, because I know it's really hard for me to get going again...
    5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home
    I'm a part time teacher, so after my 12 weeks of leave I will go back to doing that for the rest of the school year. Depending on how hard it is, then I'll make a decision about the next year, but I'm pretty sure I'll keep doing it. I'd love to be a SAHM, but financially it probably isn't in the cards for us. I also run a small business from home with DH, so I'll be doing that too.
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

8 weeks  :)

2) How are you feeling?
    Good, I finally have an appetite again!

Nope not til May 3

Finally have my appetite again. Took a good two weeks. I realized I have to eat a couple of small meals through out the day or I am starving but don't want to eat anything. We just told our parents this past weekend and they are over the moon! Waiting for May 3 app. to tell close friends.

Back to work full time. I do not get any paid maternity leave since we are such a small company ( of maybe 20 employees.) That situation sucks but I'll be able to take at least 5 week with no pay because of my husbands job.

• @RiverSong15 first off love the name. Second, I have the same fears about being a sahm!

2) How are you feeling? actually not too bad. I've had a headache since this afternoon, but that could easily be allergy related. Tylenol doesn't seem to do much for me. So I'm going sleep well bring relief.
    3) Any appointments or tests this week? none
    4) Rants/Raves/Questions? rant, I just realized I'm on my phone and don't have my ticker link for the ticker board. Anyone know if you can set signatures. 
    5) GTKY - what are your employment plans after baby is born and your maternity leave is over? (i.e., SAHM, Full-time, part-time, work from home) I'll go back full time after 6 weeks. We can't afford for me to stay home.  My in laws don't live far from my office, do I'm hoping they'll take the baby every day for my first week or 2 back to help with the transition back. 6 weeks seems so short! But what can you do when you live in the only developed nation without laws on paid maternity leave...
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Still very little symptoms, my boobs are bigger and I'm bloated as all get out.  Also the leg pain continues in spurts. So I'm hopeful those are good signs!
    We go Monday and I'm freaking out. 
    We're telling the in laws this weekend and I'm very anxious. DH and I usually don't tell them much about our lives because they are not happy people. 
    Question: Are your DHs reading or educating themselves on baby? 
    I own a very successful business so I have to go back to work, but my office is in our home. We're discussing finding someone who nannys in their home until baby is one, then daycare. I'm taking two months off and then only working four days a week. Hubs is also working four days a week so baby will be with nanny three days a week. Having two people who work from home is complicated lol. 
  • Sorry, I missed this yesterday!
    8 weeks
    2) How are you feeling? 
    Terrible! All day nausea, and so incredibly tired. I'm having trouble sleeping at night, which isn't helping.
    Nothing this week.
    I very much want to tell someone about the pregnancy, but we don't share until the end of the first trimester. The urge to tell is killing me though!
    I am currently a SAHM and I don't foresee that changing any time soon.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker