June 2016 Moms

Coconut Oil

We are having diaper rash problems due to teething.  LO has 4 teeth coming in all at once!  Does anyone use coconut oil rather than the "typical" butt creams?  Positives?  Negatives?
TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
Lilypie Maternity tickers

Re: Coconut Oil

• If I remember correctly I think @adiaz132003 uses coconut oil
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • We tried for days with Levi when he was on antibiotics and it didn't touch it.  Had to have Nystatin called in and saw a difference after two applications.
  • Loading the player...
  • Never tried coconut oil, but We use honest company diaper cream and love it. 
  • Coconut oil is awesome but I honestly have no idea how it does with diaper rash. We use Baby Butz, which is 100% natural. It's amazing but I don't know if it's available in the US.
  • We have used exclusively coconut oil on S since the start of January, and he hasn't had a hint of diaper rash since then. I remember the only reason we started using it was that he had a fungal rash over new year's weekend, and we were looking for a home remedy that would treat it until we could get into the doctor the following week. It's worked great for us. 
  • Yes yes yes. Coconut oil is the only thing that keeps rashes at bay for us.  Our pediatrician recommended we use it after ever change rather than diaper cream.
  • Thanks ladies!  We've switched to coconut oil and it cleared up the bad rash in a couple of days.  How many teeth do your kiddos have now?  I swear Lillyana had 2 and overnight she's got a full mouth!
    TTC #1 Since May 2011 ~ Everyone Welcome
    Me (34): DOR d/t chemo/radiation, Immature Endometrial Lining, Hypothyroidism
    DH (35): MFI d/t testicular torsion and removal, Low T, Oligospermia, Anti-Sperm Antibodies, Currently on T supplements
    Sept '11-April '13 ~  Testing, failed multiple MFI treatments, saving & TONS of praying
    January 2014 ~ IVF/ICSI & PGS ~ no response to stims ~ converted to IUI ~ BFN
    February 2014 ~ On to donor embyros ~ 5 blasts!!! 
    March 2014 ~ FET #1 ~ Transferred 2 blasts ~ BFN
    July 2014 ~ Kliman's mock cycle with endometrial function test
    Sample too small for EFT, HE slide showed immature cells
    New protocol planned, saving for another biopsy for EFT
    January 2015 ~ Considering adoption options
    April 2015 ~ Privately arranged adoption of planned pregnancy
    DD#1 ~ Lillyana Violet Marie born 6/15/16, Finalized adoption 12/20/16
    July 13, 2018 ~ BFP....WTF?!?!
    7/16 Beta #1 ~ 466...7/18 Beta #2 ~ 1,077...7/23 Beta #3 ~ 5,291
    7/23 US #1 ~ 1 gestational sac seen and yolk sac
    7/30 US #2 and 1st OB appt ~ 1 perfectly round gestational sac, 1 perfect yolk sac and 1 teeny tiny heart beat seen!!!
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Thanks ladies!  We've switched to coconut oil and it cleared up the bad rash in a couple of days.  How many teeth do your kiddos have now?  I swear Lillyana had 2 and overnight she's got a full mouth!
    My kid still has zero, my daughters (twins) both dropped their first one on the same day two days after their birthday. I'm guessing we still have a ways to go here.
    Tristan is the proud owner of 7 teeth.  The 8th one is taking its time poking through.  I am with you, we went from two to 7 1/2 teeth in the matter of a couple weeks.  It's been a little rough, but thankfully hasn't completely derailed us.  He only had a couple nights where he woke up, but we had to do a whole week of Tylenol to get him to drink his bottles.  The battle of the bottle seems to be ongoing, but much better than where we were.  
  • Jackie currently has 2, but she's working on the top 4.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • My daughter has just the edge of one bottom tooth breaking through and it's drool central over here.
  • Two bottom and one top off center with the top middle two starting their decent. That top one that's in already must have been a mistake. It really looks like it came through the front more than the bottom of his gums. And that one showed up before his second bottom one
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • All of Tristan's top teeth looked like they were coming out the front.  DH and I thought it looked a bit unusual.  Feel a little better now that are not alone.
  • Damien's 2 top are his canines, he looks like a little vampire! Too cute.
  • lac1252lac1252 member
    edited April 2017
    Charlotte has 8 teeth now and bit her daycare teacher this week!  :#