Infertility

Cysts from treatment

I have a question for those who have taken birth control to reduce cysts formed after a stim cycle.  

How long after taking birth control pills did you start your next cycle?  I took my last pill Sunday night and am supposed to start my next cycle of Menopur Thursday night.  Does that sound right?
Me: PCOS   DH: No issues

August '16-January '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI/TI = BFN
February/March '17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = BFN
April '17: Menopur + HCG + TI (due to too many mature follicles) = BFN
May '17: Took off due to cysts
June' 17: Menopur + HCG + IUI = Cancelled due to 8+ mature follicles
November '17: Clomid + HCG + IUI= BFN
December '17: Menopur + HCG + TI= BFP!!!! Due August 2018

Re: Cysts from treatment

• I have used birth control pills and it has no effects over my period. I think it could be the same with others unless they really have irregular menstruation
  • On day 3 of my period after ER ( no transfer) I had one 19 mm cyst but it wasn't producing estrogen ( only 55 on bloodwork) so it's likely leftover from the follicles and not a big deal. 
  • Loading the player...
  • The cycle I had a cyst, I didn't take bcp.  My RE didn't prescribe it, and I read that bcp doesn't really help the cyst go away.  I just sat out that cycle and that cycle was a lot shorter than my usual cycle as the cyst likely have ovulated early.  

You're getting u/s checkup to make sure that the cysts are gone before you start your stim cycle, right?
    Me: 41  DH: 46
    Unexplained infertility/AMA, polycystic ovaries, insulin resistance
    FET#1(July 2017): eSET of first of 4 PGS-normal embryos, DS born 3/30/2018
    FET#2(Oct/Nov 2019): eSET