26% 19 votes
Neither - I need a live in chef
16% 12 votes
SS
2% 2 votes

Re: POTD - Baking on Cooking?

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I say baking is my stronger skill. Cooking is for  DH. Though I like to think I'm a decent cook the hubby really can't bake which angers him! He just doesn't like to follow directons. It's like a war zone If we are both in the kitchen at the same time. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I said both but I think I actually like baking more. Everything I make always turns out great and I like things that I'm good at with no effort haha. 

• Options
    Definitely baking — I think I'm too much of a perfectionist to be good at improvising while cooking, haha. I'm making lemon bars to bring to Easter this weekend and I'm so excited!
  • Options
    Cooking.  My mom does really good baked goods and I inherited none of that talent...I can mess up box brownies (which is why I'm glad brownie batter and cookie dough are acceptable treats  :p
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    kkerner87kkerner87 member
    edited April 2017
    I voted SS because before I had DD, I used to love cooking and baking. Now, I cook because we have to eat obviously, but it stresses me out. I never know what to make that's quick and I have to start dinner around 6:30pm when I get home from work. I still like baking and cooking, it's just hard working full time, being pregnant and chasing after a toddler. Plus i can't have gluten so it makes dinner even more difficult. And baking is pretty much a no go anymore because gluten free baking IS A PAIN IN THE ASS!!!! Ugh..

ETA I do think I'm a better chef than baker. I can "invent" my own recipe or stray away from a recipe and improvise and it always turns out good. Baking there is none of that. That recipe becomes a scientific formula that has to be followed exactly or it all falls apart!
  • Options
    I don't mind both but I love baking. I'm really good at cookies and love adjusting recipes enough to make things turn out perfect. We just moved into a house with a gas oven for the first time in my life and that has taken some getting used to but now things turn out even better- I just had to figure out adjustments on time. My girls love to help too which is lots of fun

• Options
     I voted for cooking. Although to be honest, I used to really enjoy baking but we don't really eat baked goods in our house so there's not much point. 
  • Options
    I'm definitely more of a baker, but like @CurlyQ284 since having DS I rarely have a chance to do it and usually opt for the box mixes now.  My H on the other hand loves to cook and loves changing things up.  If I ever do cook (and by that I usually mean throwing things in a slow cooker) he's telling me to add/change ingredients and I'm like "noooooo, there's a recipe for a reason!" Also, regular cooking just stresses me out, I never know what to make.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @MCraig1484 I don't know how old your DS is, but my 3 year old is to the point now where she can help me bake and loves to help. I give her little jobs like picking out the "perfect" egg and she gets her own bowl/spoon to stir. That's one way I get so much cooking/baking done and I get to spend fun time with her :smile:

BFP#1: 12/3/13 EDD 8/15/13. Heartbeat found on 12/26/13, HB gone on 1/4/13. D&C 1/7/13
    BFP#2: 4/19/13 EDD 12/28/13. Team Green for pregnancy and Baby Girl arrived 12/21/13.
    BFP#3: 2/9/13 EDD 10/18/17. Team Green for Round 2!

BabyFruit Ticker