October 2016 Moms
Options

April GTKY

1.  What did you want to be when you grew up?

2.  What is your biggest fear?

3.  What is your favorite food?

4.  Do/did you play a musical instrument?

5.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be?

6.  If you could only take 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be?

Re: April GTKY

• Options

I wanted to be a lawyer.  But when I found out how long I had to go to school, I changed my mind.

That has changed since I've had S.  Now it is getting into a car accident while she is in the car. 

All things chocolate!!  Which I can't have right now :(.

I used to play the flute while I was in school.  Not sure if I can play anymore.

I would live in Puerto Rico right on the beach.

6.  If you could only take 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be?

Phone, TV, and chocolate.  Granted, the phone and TV would have to have service so I could actually use them.

• Options

A dolphin trainer.  But I'm not grown up yet so I guess there's still a chance.

That my kid(s) won't grow up to be good people.

Pasta.

I used to play flute, too. @Ladybug2821 man, are we cool or what? ;)

New Hampshire in the summer, Florida in the winter.

A water jug, waterproof matches and a sturdy raft.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @kgridley27 I sure did think I was cool lol.  Wow, I might die on the deserted island.  I just assumed there would already be food and water there and decided to bring the luxuries :).
  • Options

You'll be living the dream for a short while there, though! haha

• Options

1.  What did you want to be when you grew up? I wanted to be a marine biologist and do deep see exploration documentaries for the Discovery Channel, marry Steve Irwin (I didn't mind being a second wife!), and also be a vampire. None of those have panned out so far.

2.  What is your biggest fear? 1. Having something happen to my babies or 2. Being burned alive.

3.  What is your favorite food? I could live off of carnitas. Seriously, not to toot my own horn, but I make the best carnitas ever. I wish I could make you all dinner one night to prove it! (Will gladly give my recipe too if you're interested).

4.  Do/did you play a musical instrument? Nope, music was never encouraged whilst I was a wee lass. Only my brother was offered such opportunity. And he would shreds the metalz and punk rock on his guit-fiddle, while I was but a lowly manager for his band.

5.  If you could live anywhere, where would it be? Oregon. My heart belongs to the West Coast.

6.  If you could only take 3 items with you to a deserted island, what would they be? A survival manual, a knife, and a large roll of bailing wire. I believe I could make everything else if I had those items. One day I'm going off the grid.

• Options
    @AllyTheKid recipe, please!
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited April 2017
    Okay, I prefer to use pork loin roast because it is leaner, but pork shoulder works great and tastes great too, it just tends to be fattier is all.

1. Acquire large pork roast of your choice.
    2. Remove pork from packaging, dry the roast with a towel or some paper towels, then rub the roast down with salt and pepper.
    3. Make a wet rub with the following:
    1 tbls. Olive oil
    1 tsp. Garlic salt
    1 tsp. Pepper
    1 tsp. Paprika
    1tsp. Oregano
    1/2 tsp. Chili Powder
    1/2 tsp. Cayenne (more or less or none optional depending on how spicy you like your carnitas!)
    4. Rub that roast down real good with that rub. I mean REALLY romance it in there, then place roast in crock pot.
    5. Chop up 1 whole red onion (red onion had the BEST flavor)
    6. Chop up 1 or 2 whole jalapeños (seed depending on how spicy you like your peppers)
    7. Mince up 1 clove of garlic, or use a tsp. of pre-minced garlic. 
    8. Chop up some sprigs of cilantro until you have about a tablespoon of it.
    9. Mix up items 5-8 in a bowl
    10. Cut 2 whole limes and squeeze the juice into the bowl with chopped items and mix well (you may also use 1 orange and 1 lime for that authentic Cuban taste, but I don't care for the orange personally).
    11. Pour onion/lime juice mixture over the roast.
    13. Let cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6 hours, serve with tortillas and all the fixin's or eat it by itself because it's that awesome ;)

I also have the most incredibe roast beef recipe if you guys are interested in some more spicy food, and a different twist on roast!

• Options
    H is always up for tacos.  This is going on my list for hopefully next weekend.  My stoneware insert on my crock pot got a crack in it last weekend (the horror...I had to watch as my delicious pulled pork oozed delicious bbq juices onto my counter...) and I need to order a replacement.  Thank you!
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid Yes! Give me all the recipes. This non dairy diet is a killer so anything like that is perfect!
  • Options
    This roast, as odd as it sounds, does have dairy included unfortunately =( but- I'll post it anyway and iclude what I think would be good dairy-free alternatives!

Mississippi Roast
    1 beef rump or shoulder roast
    1 package ranch dip or ranch dressing mix (check packaging for dairy, opt. For vegan mix if you can find it)
    2 packages onion soup (au ju for non-dairy option) or onion dip mix 
    1 stick real butter (use stick of margarine for dairy free option)
    3-6 potatoes cut up depending on how you many potatoes you like.
    Hot pepperocinis 

Okay, put potatoes in the crock pot first. Sprinkle one pack of onion soup/dip mix over the potatoes. Put the roast on top of your potatoes, place the stick of butter/margarine directly on top of the roast, then sprinkle contents of ranch and second onion mix package. Artfully arrange the pepperocinis strategically in the pot (I would only use about 3, I used 6 last time and it was waaaay too spicy for DD, and it was even spicy for me)
    Let that bad boy cook on low for 8 hours or high for 6, then enjoy! 
    It is soooo creamy and delicious, I'll never make a "normal" roast again! Unless of course, the family asks me to ;)
  • Options
    We should do a recipes thread!
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 Yes! I have so many favorites that need to be shared with the world ♡