Babies on the Brain
Options

Waiting Room Wednesday April 12

***General TW that this thread might contain discussions mentioning MC and loss.***

Welcome to Waiting Room Wednesday!
You can express your thoughts, feelings, and frustrations on not TTC and connect with others who are in the same boat. TTC can be a long journey, and having to wait makes it feel even longer -- even if it is for a good reason. I invite you to resurrect this thread at any point in the week if you have something to say. Treat this like an ongoing conversation.

Benched = involuntarily not NTNP/TTC and "out of the game," usually due to medical reasons
TTA = avoiding pregnancy by using protection or FAM, usually for non-health-related reasons __________________________________________________________________ 

Are you benched or TTA? 

What brings you here? 

How long do you think you'll be here? 

How have things been going?

Any R/R?

GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person?

Re: Waiting Room Wednesday April 12

• Options
    Love the GIF! Hahaha!

Are you benched or TTA? 
    TTA
    What brings you here? Waiting on my husband to decide he's finally ready.
    How long do you think you'll be here? Hopefully no later than June, ideally May. We will see.
    How have things been going? Pretty good! Throwing my daughter's birthday party last weekend made me think that not having to go through another round of birthday parties isn't so bad  :D (only kidding!)
    Any R/R? I'm excited that others here are getting so close! 
    GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person? Please don't stone me but I'm not really an animal person. Don't get me wrong, I like animals and certainly don't want them to be mistreated but I've never really become attached to a pet. I *wish* I loved pets the way others do but I just don't. To answer your question, I like the loving loyalty of dogs but the low maintenance side of cats. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    Good morning!  I hope everyone is having a good week!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA

What brings you here? I'm trying to get ready for babies.  Talking with you guys helps me stay focused on my goals.  

How long do you think you'll be here? Until June... or later if we have a TWW/WTO thread (y'all are awesome) 

How have things been going? Pretty good.  

I have a question (if you don't mind) for all you that are TFAS.  Did you ever have doubts about adding to your family?  I have a 2 year old son, who is pretty awesome.  He, of course, has his toddler moments, but he is kind, smart, and doing really well.  I worry sometimes if I have the energy for another baby and if I will be able to be a good mother to 2 children.  Do you think those are "normal" concerns, or do you think I should rethink having a 2nd?  

Any R/R? I have a TON of pregnant friends and family.  I'm so happy for everyone of my friends!  If I am blessed with another little one, he/she will have lots of little friends!

GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person?  We are dog people (we have 2). I do love cats though.  :)

Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have a question (if you don't mind) for all you that are TFAS.  Did you ever have doubts about adding to your family?  I have a 2 year old son, who is pretty awesome.  He, of course, has his toddler moments, but he is kind, smart, and doing really well.  I worry sometimes if I have the energy for another baby and if I will be able to be a good mother to 2 children.  Do you think those are "normal" concerns, or do you 
    or do you think I should rethink having a 2nd? 
    I hope it's normal because I do it, too! 95% of the time I am dying to have another child. Then there are moments when I am planning a really fun summer with activities that would be difficult to do with an infant, or I take a nap, or I can tell my daughter to go get her own yogurt out of the refrigerator so I don't have to get up for the 12479214 time in an hour and I wonder if I'm ready to go back to the beginning again.

I think the answer lies in how you ultimately picture your family. In 15 years do you see yourself with more than one? The beginning is hard, really hard. But that phase is temporary. Like I mentioned above, even with a 4 year old, life is so much easier than it is with an infant. Is that all that is holding back or do you truly feel like your family is complete? 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @notthefather, thank you so much!  I definitely always saw myself with 2, and like you said, MOST of the time I really want another baby.  The newborn stage was difficult for me, so I think that is what worries me the most.  I think in a couple years having a 2 year old and a 5 year old will be great, but the immediate thought of a newborn and a 3 year old makes me nervous!  ;)

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I understand completely @JNCPro3130! My daughter had full fledged colic and the first three months were a living hell. I'm pretty sure that is why my husband is so hesitant to do it again. We made it though and know that we can survive it, it does get better, and it is totally worth it if you really do want more children.

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @JNCPro3130 I think those are perfectly normal concerns! I want three (DH only wants two, so we'll see), and we only have one right now so I do wonder sometimes how I'm going to balance the time between a newborn and my momma's-boy toddler. But, I keep reminding myself other women have had more kids, and it is possible :) 

What brings you here? Waiting on DH and finances

How long do you think you'll be here? End of summer, hopefully August!

How have things been going? Pretty good honestly. DS is doing well and learning a TON in daycare, when he has good days I think, "I can totally handle two kids" and then he has a bad day (crying and nothing helps) and I think, "I'm insane for wanting more" haha

Any R/R? Nope

GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person? Is it cheating to say both? I really love the playfulness of dogs, but cats are easy, haha.
    DS1 born 2/28/16
    DS2 due 12/12/18

• Options
    @notthefather - Yay for being done with the birthday planning stress!

@JNCPro3130 - What you are feeling is completely normal. What @notthefather said is perfect, how do you picture your family in 10-15 years? I always pictured my family with two kids and after having a difficult recovery from birth and an extremely fussy baby that cried a lot for the first 6 months, I was sure I was done. But here I am. 

Are you benched or TTA? TTA, but basically NTNP

What brings you here? I don't quite fit in with the TTGP board yet, (even though I lurk there every day).

How long do you think you'll be here? Probably for the next few months, since there will be a TWW/WTO thread. I probably won't post on this thread after this week, but I will lurk and jump in if you ladies have questions.

How have things been going? Things have been going great lately, I feel like I'm back to my old self. 

Any R/R? Rave - I'm am so lucky to have found such a supportive and understanding group of ladies! You ladies are wonderful!

GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person? Just like @CecilB93, I love both. I have a corgi and love her to bits, but I grew up with a cat and cats are definitely a lot easier/ more independent.
  • Options
    @CecilB93, my son is a total momma's boy too!  Some days when I get home from work it's "Hold me! Hold me!" I think, "What will I do with two?!"  I'm definitely with you when you say some days you feel like you can handle it and are totally ready while other days you think "NO WAY!".  

I will say... Before I had my son I used to wonder how on earth women did it!  I was so tired after getting home from work and couldn't imagine how my friends with kids spent all day at work and then came home to take care of little ones.  I do it with one and I'm sure it's the same with 2.  :)

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @JNCPro3130 - completely normal thoughts :)
    @notthefather - I guess we will still let you stay every though you are not really an animal person  :p
    @CecilB93 - I think everyone has 'am I nuts?!?' days with parenthood lol 
    @ChloandCoco - we will miss having you in this post but I am so happy for you to be moving on up to the TWW/WTO posts :) So exciting!!

Are you benched or TTA? TTA
    What brings you here? Well I was waiting on my DH's timeline to match mine and a due date that would be after I finish grad school. I am now past the grad school due date mark but I am feeling a little conflicted about when to start trying :(
    How long do you think you'll be here? August at the latest...trying to figure it out
    How have things been going? Meh. I had a set plan for a while about starting in May and that was set for a while but now I am second guessing it. I have the chance to do something with work that would pay me a little extra and would be a really good experience for me but the catch is maternity leave in April would mess it up and they would pick someone else. I am 99.999% sure the spot is mine though it hasn't officially been offered. It really wouldn't be fair to accept the spot knowing I was pregnant or to keep the spot if I became pregnant so I would have to step down. DH was on board but not wild about trying in May he preferred to start in June or August before this whole job thing came up. It is up to me though be right now I am leaning towards delaying until August. I feel bummed about it but also like that's what I should/need to do.
    Any R/R? This week has been so busy! I have so much I need to get done. I need to finish homework, end of the school year paperwork, laundry and clean the house. I need more hours in the day or a clone...
    GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person? Growing up I always had a pet cat and loved them but DH does not like cats so we have dogs now and I am really loving dogs. I have little dogs though so they are kinda cat like lol 
  • Options
    PAR, so much to catch up on!
     @dreamscapes_: actually the contractor never showed and didn't call. Again. This was the second time we were given a specific date and then he ghosted. We've called him multiple times this week with no response. Today I received notification from my insurance company that they increased our remodel payout by $20,000 (presumably to cover this cost and some other things) so if he doesn't get it done soon I'm going to tell him to f*ck off and hire someone else to do it. I'm over it. 
    The party was good. The weather was perfect and we had a great show of people. It felt chaotic to me but I was trying to entertain and such. I was wiped out the rest of the weekend! Next year will be smaller and involve no cooking. Haha. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @dreamscapes_ yes I can have the job if my due date was in May. In my head I am thinking that what's another few months and this would be good for me if I ever want to go beyond the classroom (which is why I am in grad school :)) but it sucks at the same time because I hate waiting. 
    I hope they find a new position for you soon. I can understand about the other woman at your work it would be hard to stand by and watch someone else get your dream job especially when they might not even appreciate it the way you would. Hang in there! I hope they get your pain under control and find you a position soon. 

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses - No one knows we will be trying but it is a big commitment so I think I need to be all in. I would feel terrible if I had to back out, plus they might not offer it again. I have already been assisting in this position and they have started to train me. Agh! It will all work out the way it will supposed to I am just a planner so all the guessing about TTC and when/if I will get pregnant is hard for me. A mid May due date would allow me to take the spot and maternity leave wouldn't interfere. 

@notthefather - GRRRR! How annoying! That would make me crazy! I hope your contractor gets his act together soon or that your next one is awesome and gets the work done fast!

• Options
    @glitzandglitter I can totally understand where you're coming from about pushing back the date for TTC. We essentially did the same thing, just for different reasons. It can be hard. Good luck on the job though!
    @dreamscapes_ Those doggie pix are adorable! It must have been so hard to go through that.

Are you benched or TTA?
    TTA- using/learning about FAM, as I'm currently reading TCOYF.

What brings you here? I am trying to prepare to TTC (finances, health, etc.) and I am looking for others in the same boat!

How long do you think you'll be here? Probably until July/August

How have things been going? Pretty good, just trying not to ruminate about wanting to start trying now! I've got a lot going on with work, grad school, and moving so that helps to take my mind off of pregnancy and impatience. 

Any R/R? Job hunting is frustrating! I tend to be a planner, so I am trying to get a teaching job laid down for next fall but schools are just not there yet so I am trying to be patient :smile:

GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person? Definitely a dog person! Growing up we always had at least one cat, but then in middle school we got a dog and then another one. Now I have two of my own and they are my world! I like cats, but since I've been out of my parent's house for almost 10 years, I have developed an allergy to them so I'd never be able to get one even if I wanted. Plus, DH doesn't like cats. 
  • Options
    @sramiller1008, I read TCOYF before I had my DS.  I really learned a lot!  I pulled the book out again and have reviewed a few things for trying this time too.  I charted my temps and tracked CM.  I was successful at TTA and TTC the first time around!  I'm hoping it works just as well this time too! :)

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    @UterusesBeforeDuderuses It's not really something that I'm "going through", to be honest. I don't speak to her anymore (we were friends on Facebook, but she unfriended me when she transferred to the new position for whatever reason). It just popped up because  one of the resorts does these massive chocolate Easter eggs to put on display every year. Yesterday, she posted in a cast group that we're both members of showing off her egg and I saw it and it just bugged me. I can't believe you're almost there, though! This month really is flying by!

@notthefather Ugh. Does the contract have any language in it about circumstance in which you can cancel it? Just to cover your butt for when you do end up going with someone else (at this point, I'm assuming it's a "when", not an "if"). I'd also definitely give his company an accurate review on Yelp. I'm glad the party was a good time, though! I totally understand about "no cooking", lol. When we got married, my mom had suggested just having us do the catering ourselves. I'm fine with cooking for something small like a dinner party, but for a big birthday party or a wedding, heck no.

@glitzandglitter That's good to know that the job would still be yours. I definitely understand how much it sucks to wait. Maybe you could make a pro/con list of waiting vs not waiting and see what all it says? If you wait, it would also give you a couple more months to stick money in the bank for maternity leave and other expenses. That's kind of how I'm looking at it for us. I'm absolutely a planner as well, so I've been looking into all sorts of things related to this.
    I really hope they find me a spot soon, too, obviously. As far as the other person, that's life. Things don't always work out as you had hoped. Besides, as I told my DH last night, in a non-culinary role, there's more opportunities for growth, whereas with culinary, it's just cook 2 > cook 1 > chef assistant > sous chef > chef > executive chef, and anything above chef assistant is incredibly hard to get. I have another appointment with pain management in a few weeks, so we'll see how that goes. One of the medications he's got me on now is this topical NSAID and it's not really helping.

@sramiller1008 It was, but we know she's not in pain anymore. She's buried up at my parents' cabin in Wisconsin. Job hunting is definitely frustrating! I hope you find something for the fall!

Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    @notthefather It's one of our perks for working at Disney, lol. During certain times of the year, we get free admission to the water parks, and we almost always get in free to the regular parks.
    Me: 36 | DH: 35 | Married: 9.17.16
    Diminished ovarian reserve
    BFP: 4/14/2020 EDD: 12/20/2020
  • Options
    izza2izza2 member
    I definitely have moments where I wonder if I'm crazy to want another LO. DSS is 8, and it's nice to be able to do something (read, clean, etc.) and he can grab his own snacks and drinks if he wants to. I also have moments where I think that, if we never have a LO, we only have 10-ish years before DSS is an adult and we'd be able to travel and do things we really can't with DSS, or that would be difficult.
    On the other hand, I do try to imagine our lives in 10-20 years, and I always picture us with one more child. DSS is honestly the most loving kid I could ever have been lucky to have in my family. He's been great with my nephews since they were newborns, and he always wants to help take care of any babies and infants around.

What brings you here? School

How long do you think you'll be here? Originally it was going to be August of this year (4 months). Our most recent discussion had him saying he doesn't think that we should try this year, and we should put it off until 2018. So, anywhere from another 4 months to another year.

How have things been going? Horrible. H and I need to have a serious, long discussion about how he goes back and forth. It wears me down to look forward to TTC, and then he'll up and change his mind the closer we get to our agreed time-frame. I've been looking forward to this August for a year and a half. It's getting old.

Any R/R? See above.

GTKY: Are you a dog or cat person? More of a dog person, but I love cats as well. Especially if they're cuddly.

Me: 30 | DH: 34 | DSS: 14 | DS: 4
    PG #2, EDD 10/12/2023

• Options
    Hugs @izza2 - I know that's really tough.

@dreamscapes_ : We actually don't have a contract with him at all. The only thing I've ever signed for him was checks for completed work. If he doesn't complete the work we have no formal obligation to him. 

On our way to baby #2!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    EDD March 12, 2018

• Options
    @glitzandglitter - I'm sorry you've decided to push back your TTC timeline, waiting does suck. But it sounds like it's the responsible thing to do.

@sandrabrooke - I was in the August 2015 BMB too! I wasn't very active on the board though.

@dreamscapes_ - I'm sorry you are going through all that with your ex-coworker. It sounds like a very frustrating situation.

@UterusesBeforeDuderuses - Yay for it almost being time to TTC!

@sramiller1008 - Job hunting is super stressful and waiting is really hard. I'm a planner too, so I completely understand.

@izza2 - I'm sorry your DH keeps changing his mind, it's really unfair of him. Hopefully you can have a serious conversation with him to sort it all out.
  • Options
    @dreamscapes_ That's how I'm trying to look at it. The extra money I will put away, it is only a few more months, and it will be a really good opportunity professionally.

@izza2 - I'm really sorry. I hope you are able to have your talk soon and figure things out.
  • Options
    @izza2, I'm not sure about your husband but when we had DS and when we set a timeline for this baby, we sat down and talked about what we were thinking. I explained my timeline and why I wanted it that way. He told me his thoughts. Honestly, I think he was nervous about our first because this second conversation was much easier and relaxed for him. Hopefully your DH will stand firm on your plans. Make sure you express your disappointment when you guys set a date that he pushes back.

Anniversary

BabyFetus Ticker