October 2016 Moms
Options

April Randoms

Re: April Randoms

• Options
    expressing disbelief that someone lurked for an entire YEAR while we all shared about our lives is being a bully? hm...okay. and to clarify, just because i'm the only one expressing an opinion doesn't mean i'm the only one who agrees with it. in fact, i wasn't even the one who noted it in the first place. when it was brought to my attention many red flags went up, but you do you. 

nobody participates anymore because when when random people come out of the woodwork and want to know everything about people they've essentially gotten to know in a voyeuristic way, it's a bit creepy. 

just becuase someone claims to be a new mom doesn't mean they actually are. not just specifically in this bmb either. 

see j13 drama. please save your sarcasm and attempt at snark, it isn't working :) 
  • Options
    **lurking from F17** I've lurked this bmb off and on since last summer, when @mrszoess came to my bmb just to start nonsense. In fact she even pulled the same "I'm not the only one talking about it" card. (Which she later claimed "it wasn't anybody on here") I think it's safe to say she lurks everywhere with her "friends" just looking to stir the pot. Her lurking, and pot stirring, is essentially what got your first "sh!t got real" thread closed down. And yes, I might be holding a grudge.

Also... I'd love to know how you guys have been able to keep your board active. Ours is on its last leg.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Cheese and rice. What do you use on your saddle sores from being on that high horse all day? 

As I stated, I did not participate before because I didn't have the time to commit to a very active board. I was not watching your every move and taking notes. I dont care about you because I don't know you, and you shouldn't care about me because: same.  You have your group, great! I'm pleased you have that support system. Why can't someone else create their own support system?  Why do you have to have the last word on approval?

I am trying to be respectful but you're just acting like a mean girl. I don't know what it satisfies for you but I hope you got whatever you wanted out of it. 

If I had popped in in, say, July, would you have welcomed me in? No. Basically, if someone didn't start posting here at BFP they were SOL. 
  • Options
    mothernorthmothernorth member
    edited April 2017
    **Removed for TOU violation**
  • Options
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid yes, that's when she called a valued member out on what she thought was a fake bump, then back tracked and lied, without even a hint of an apology. 

The board, I feel like if I don't start the threads, nobody does. I might have to pick your brain for ideas when you're not having to run trolls off.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @kswiger06 obviously our kiddos won't be the same age but I'm certainly happy to chat with you on this board if you need someone to talk to and your board is kaput
  • Options
    @kswiger06 Yeah, that's just how she is. Ain't it cute? I think we all pull our weight pretty well, there's only about 5 of us who stay active regularly but we try real hard to keep it fresh and pick up the slack for each other. I was pretty much on my lonesome til these ladies showed up!
  • Options
    @Kgridley27 thanks!! I do have older kids too, 10 & 8 so I might actually have useful info to pass along if this is your first... (like baby orajel was a life saver during teething.) 

@AllyTheKid yeah, she's a peach! :D  our active members moved to FB. I created an account just to keep in touch with them, but I'm still disappointed to see our board be so slow. You guys have done awesome keeping your board moving!! :) 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @brzvice I feel like your my mom right now, and that you just told me to take a chill pill in the best way possible haha Thanks for keeping me level, and don't give me all the credit! I wouldn't have been able to keep it going if nobody came back around to participate!
  • Options
     *hikes up Mom jeans  
     :D 
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @Ladybug2821 I figured out my father's day gift today! 
    H is a huge Chuck Taylor fan so I will be getting him a new pair and getting V her first pair to match her daddy. He will be tickled.
    Image result for its raining meme

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    How was everyone's Easter, if you celebrated, and Lovely Spring Weekend, if you didn't?  Any fun traditions in your families?
  • Options
    Nothing really went on here, just gave the kids their baskets of goodies, but it was raining all day so it kind of put a damper on any egg hunting plans. They still enjoyed their baskets though!
  • Options
    So, I was doing my workout this morning, which involves a LOT of jumping back and forth and side to side- well Johnny was playing on the floor while I was doing my exercises, and he decided he was just going to chase me all over the living room every time I jumped somewhere else, so I had to keep moving away from him, and he just kept crawling after me each time haha  :D I guess it added a little extra leap to my workouts, so that's good ;)
  • Options
    @AllyTheKid That is funny. He sounds like he's getting around really well. 

For Easter, my Dad and sisters came over. We ordered Chinese takeout and just hung out. Next year I'll probably do a little more, like cook Easter dinner and take Storm to an Easter egg hunt. But I did dress her up in her pretty dress that my mom got her.  I would post a pic but something is wrong with posting on mobile. 
  • Options
    Anybody else's pets driving them crazy? I'm a total animal lover but my cat is getting on my nerves. It's my fault for spoiling her but she was my "baby" for so long. I hate that she gets pushed to the side but that's just how it is. She's constantly getting under my feet while I'm walking with the baby and ends up in the bedroom when S is asleep. I swear she does something to wake her up when I don't realize she's in there. I don't think she's jealous of S. She probably just makes noise and S is such a light sleeper it wakes her up. Sorry for the rambling. She just irritated me so bad.  
  • Options

@Ladybug2821 We have two cats and two dogs so I know what you mean.  I feel bad that I don't get to take the dogs for as many walks as we used to.  We used to go early in the morning before work but I just can't fit it in with the baby's morning routine.  I'm hopeful that with the longer daylight hours of summer we can start a new after work walk routine.  One of my cats is oblivious and spends time on my lap regardless of whether the baby's sharing it or not.  Even when he's accidentally swatting the cat (his name's Poncho) in the face.

When LO was first born I felt SO guilty about having to direct so much attention away from all the furry loves.  Once he got into a nighttime routine I started "bonding time" with them after he went to sleep.  It has been really helpful.  You might notice a difference in her behavior if you make it a point to dedicate a super special 10-20 minutes with her every night after S goes down.  Also use tons of positive reinforcement when she's behaving in a way you like (whether that means paying appropriate attention to or ignoring the baby, whichever you prefer).

• Options

What's the general consensus on seasonal allergies in kids under 1? Dr. Google isn't super helpful.  B has had an alternating stuffy/runny nose since Thursday and is now occasionally coughing.  It sounds like a post-nasal drip cough to me.  He has been eating fine etc.  At first we thought it was teething because his cheeks were Snapchat Filter red and he was chewing, chewing, chewing, but alas, no teeth.  H suffers from seasonal allergies but I, thankfully, don't.  Would that they made translation devices for babies like for the dogs in "Up"...

• Options
    I'm not sure about the allergies, but I do know that babies can have teething symptoms for months before a tooth actually appears.  So technically it could be that he is teething.  I think S is teething but its not to a point where it is super bothersome for her...yet.
  • Options
    @Kgridley27 It could actually be a mixture of both. Johnny has allergies, mostly to dust, and he still also shows those intermittent teething signs without a tooth in sight. Just keep that saline and aspirator handy, as far as I know there is no allergy medicine for our wee babes, poor little things!
  • Options
    Where did everyone go? :(
  • Options
    I'm here! Having a rough morning today and could use some distraction.
  • Options
    @kgridley27 Aw, I hope it gets better for you! I would gladly share my coffee and boiled eggs with you if I could!
  • Options
    @allythekid What do you mean lol.  Yesterday was crazy busy for me.  I was covering someone at work and was being pulled in too many directions.  H's family is in town including his Dad.  We haven't seen his Dad in years because he lives in NY.  I get along with H's family really well so no issues there.  But what gets on my nerves is H doesn't get that S has a bedtime and needs her sleep.  Her bedtime is 6:30/7 and we had this poor baby out until almost 10.  I didn't want to make a big deal of it because his Dad is only here for 2 days (and really who does that, NY to FL for just 2 days) and I definitely wanted S to meet him.  Of course she wouldn't go to sleep while we were out and was super fussy unless I was holding her.  In the end it wasn't that bad, she fell asleep in the car and went to sleep easily when we got home and slept fairly well.  But now the problem is H will be out with his Dad all day with S.  She's going to probably need extra naps today because she didn't get as much sleep as she normally does, and I don't know how he is going to make sure she gets those naps.  He's definitely going to be in for it today.  I'm going to see the rest of his family Saturday by myself with S.  Luckily his cousin has a 1 year old and I confirmed that they have a pack n play so I can make sure that S gets her naps. 
  • Options
    I still feel so exhausted all the time I can barely keep up in real life, let alone here. Sorry ladies. Abigail's still waking every 90 min/2 hours and I think I might actually be turning into a zombie
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    Now I feel silly... I wasn't sure if it was this broken hand-me-down phone not loading anything, or if everybody was just busy. Nevermind me!
  • Options
    @kmolleltz Does she want to nurse each time or does she go back to sleep by other means sometimes?
  • Options
    @allythekid she wants to eat every time  :/

since we only recently switched to formula, she regularly only takes 2-3 oz at a time (plus eating makes her tired, thanks heart) 
    *American lady living in Tanzania.
    DH - Tanzanian Maasai 
    BFP #1 - MC Dec 2, 2015 (@ 9weeks)
    BFP #2 - Feb 2, 2016 --EDD 10/10/16 --Abigail- October 6, 2016. Heart warrior.
    October 2017- Began fostering to adopt T, (DOB:November 19, 2013)
  • Options
    Does anyone actually know what the things under our user names mean?  The heart, the convo bubble, and cakes with numbers on them. 
  • Options
    I don't have the app but on desktop if you hover over each it tells you what they mean.  I think if you click on your own username it spells it out for you there, too
  • Options
    I swear I've tried that before and it didn't work lol.  But now I see it.
  • Options
    Okay, so I shave off my eyebrows and draw them on. Well, my SIL is addicted to the Wish app and bought some "eyebrow stamps" and gave them to me as a gift for filing her taxes. I tried those bad boys out, and they have a great base shape and all, but I can NOT for the life of me line them up straight! Oh my gosh, I'll stamp one 1\2 inch higher than the other, or they're too close or too far apart... I have better luck free-handing! :D
  • Options

@allythekid I've never heard of eyebrow stamps, interesting.  Admittedly, I do nothing to my eyebrows.  No waxing, plucking, shading...nothing.  For many years that were just very blonde.  They have gotten darker but I don't care.  I think once I start, I will be stuck having to do them all the time.

• Options
    S actually slept decently last night even though she fought a little bit to go to sleep.  She only woke up twice to nurse but she did wake up at 9.  I let her cry and she put herself back to sleep, yay!  I'm wondering if she slept better because the evening went a little differently than normal.  H put her down for a nap at 5 and she woke up at 5:20.  So instead of putting her to sleep at 6:30, we started our nighttime routine later and she was asleep by 7:10.  The problem is H just does what he wants because he is a know it all ( I say this with love :)), so I don't know how many naps she taken and for how long.  She might not need a nap every day at 5 and if she doesn't take a nap at 5, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep her up all the way until 7ish.  Any tips or ideas?
  • Options
    Oh my goodness y'all.. this week has been the longest week!! I've had a guy riding with me for work so I haven't been able to bump. Sorry! 

@AllyTheKid I've also never heard of eyebrow stamps. My eyebrows are cray cray.. I try to keep up with plucking but life gets in the way haha

@Ladybug2821 My LO does better too if she gets a 20-30 minute nap (waking no later than 5:30) and going to bed between 7-7:30.
  • Options
    How is everyone getting their LO to eat meat? I've been making her baby food and I refuse to purée meat. I've been just giving her tiny bites of whatever I've been eating like chicken, ground beef, and turkey. Her doctor said she definitely needs to eat meat every day for the iron benefits. I'm just not sure she's getting enough.
  • Options

@fitlady21 the only way my LO will eat meat puree is if its mixed in with other things he actually does like.  So chicken plus sweet potato, pork plus apples, etc.

My pedi suggested we give rice cereal and/or oatmeal (oatmeal with breakfast and rice with dinner) each day for the iron content while LO is still doing only purees.  Perhaps that could help if you're worried about babe's iron intake.

• Options
    @Ladybug2821 we also follow the "no napping after 5:30" rule.  LO is ready for bed at 7:30/8:00 every day.  If he has had a rough day nap-wise and is really tired before then, we try everything we can to keep him awake, i.e. feeding him his bedtime bottle in a brightly lit room, giving him access to really interactive toys, or just generally playing with him by being super expressive and interesting.  Those days we can usually stretch him to the 7:30 mark and then he nods right off once we give the ok ;)