September 2017 Moms

Anyone else on bed rest?

I was hoping that if there was anyone else on bedrest we could help keep each other sane! 

Re: Anyone else on bed rest?

• Ughhhhhhh, no, I'm sorry! For a little while, or the rest of the pregnancy?
  • No, but that sounds rough! Hang in there.
  • Loading the player...
  • No, but I'm sorry you are. We can still try to help keep you sane though!  ;)
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • @jena333-2 I get re-evaluated after 2 weeks. So maybe this is it maybe 20 more weeks. I have had bad spotting correlating with activity. Good news is, I've had no bleeding since Saturday night at 9.  Bad news is, it's been coming and going and only seems to resurface when I go to work (i work at a hospital) or do something remotely labor intensive. Like move a heavy table, help reposition a patient, stay on my feet multiple hours, etc.
  • @jena333-2 I get re-evaluated after 2 weeks. So maybe this is it maybe 20 more weeks. I have had bad spotting correlating with activity. Good news is, I've had no bleeding since Saturday night at 9.  Bad news is, it's been coming and going and only seems to resurface when I go to work (i work at a hospital) or do something remotely labor intensive. Like move a heavy table, help reposition a patient, stay on my feet multiple hours, etc.
    Ugghhh that's my worst fear! I'm a nurse and I'm so scared of not being able to work. Fx you get to move off bedrest!

Me: 27 years old            DH: 27 years old
    Type 1 Diabetes since 2001, MTHFR hetero A1298T
    Dogs: Raider 4 yrs, Dex 4 yrs
    Married in July 2014
    TTC #1 since late Feb 2016
    BFP #1 3/29/16     MMC: 5/5/16
    BFP #2 7/6/16    SCH, D&C 8/4/16
    BFP #3 12/26/16     EDD: 9/6/17
    My Chart / My Diabetes/Pregnancy Blog
    My Type 1/TTC/Pregnancy Podcast: 
    Juicebox Podcast Episode 118
    A1Cs:
    1/12/16 6.7%
    5/25/16 6.0%
    11/2/16 6.1%
    3/22/16 5.8%
    4/27/17 5.4%
    6/13/17 5.3%

"Sugar Fancy Tutu"
  • @beccam1230 thanks! Google searches are making me crazy lol. I can't find anything in it really. Statistics are bad for a major tear but mine is so small they can't see it in the ultrasound. My doctor say maybe it will heal, maybe it'll stay the same the whole time, maybe it'll get worse. There's 100 different outcomes. 
  • @Breath_Easy92 I am at risk for being put on bed rest and spent a couple of days on partial bed rest after a procedure last week. I will let you know if I am put on real bed rest and we can keep each other entertained, lol! I watched a lot of vlogs last week and that helps pass the time. It's always fun to live vicariously through other people!
    BabyFetus Ticker
    Me: 34 | DH: 31
    Married: Nov. 7, 2015
    TTC Since: February, 2016
    BFP: December 20, 2016

• @stephy_p I hope you don't need bed rest but I'd be happy to have a buddy! haha

I have a giant case study and an exam for school to work on but there's only so long I can focus on that at one time. 
  • @Breath_Easy92 oh jeez.. that's gotta be difficult for you. I'm glad to hear the tear is small, I know ideally it wouldn't be there at all but I do hope when you're reevaluated, everything will be ok! Google can definitely be your best friend or your worst enemy! What are you doing to stay somewhat entertained? My mom told me she was on bedrest when she was pregnant with my sister (in 1978!) and all I could think of was how bored she must have been, simply because of the lack of all the technological benefits we have now!!
  • @beccam1230 I can't imagine bed rest in '78! I'm bored enough with my fire stick, iPad, books, and iPhone lol. I have a major case study due Friday (on bronchopulmonary dysplasia in preterm infants, soooo that's cheery) i have a exam tomorrow for hemp dynamics, mock boards to study for by Friday, and a neonate ventilator management exam next Tuesday. Theoretically I'm busy but I get tired of studying. 
  • @mrsmarygs yes! I just started 13 reasons why and I'm already on episode 5. 
  • @mrsmarygs yes! I just started 13 reasons why and I'm already on episode 5. 
    Oh girl I binged all episodes in two days, ugh I loved it. I actually liked the series more than the book. Have some tissues on hand. 
  • @Breath_Easy92 wow!! Yeah.. really cheerful topics! But actually that's amazing! But I do get it, you get so tired of studying and you need a break. Haha I couldn't imagine being on bedrest then either, I feel like I neeeeed my phone!! That's how I'm on here and to be able to connect with everyone here is really helpful, I'm pretty sure my sanity would have been gone by now if it weren't for you all!
  • @beccam1230 yeah the topics are actually interesting. Except hemodynamics i just don't care for it... but I'm super stoked my boobs are big enough now I can keep my one in there and now I never loose it! #thanksbaby 

also i guess I can research what I want to do once I graduate in 3 weeks.  Pre-baby I was thinking about doing some higher level o-chem and a few other science/math courses the applying to PA school but I don't know if that's realistic right now 

• @Beccam1230 thanks! Yeah I think it'll just take longer ... I know I definitely want to take a year off so I can just work and hang out with the baby the first year :) 
  • @Breath_Easy92 sounds like a great plan.. the first year is so much fun!!
  • Boo for bed rest... that stinks! Hopefully when you get checked out again you'll get some of your freedom back. 

I can't  relate with bedrest, but we'll definitely try to keep you company! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • @HollyGolightly09 thanks! I get 4 hours a day I'm allowed out of bed so I can at least shower and make my own food so that's nice. 
  • I just talked with my Dr after my A/S. apparently the cord is attached to the very edge of my placenta so I'm on restricted activities and we'll have to check on the cord at every appointment from now on since it's more fragile then typical. So, not bedrest, but I can't exercise or even drive down bumpy roads, my kids have to be a lot more gentle in my lap, etc. She told to just take it easy and we'll adjust if needed. 
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @awildrose I'm in the same boat! Marginal cord. I have the same restrictions. I feel like I'm walking on egg shells!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• @LaceyC1020 Yes! My OB was very relaxed telling me about, so I'm not stressing too much, but it is unnerving! At least I can feel less guilty about laying on the couch over hauling laundry and vacuuming... :wink:
    <><><><><>DD1- May 2011<><><><><>
    <><><><><>Angel Baby- June 2012<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DD2- March 2013<><><><><>
    <><><><><>DS1- ETA September 2017<><><><><>
  • @awildrose Mine was too, I keep having to remind myself of that because I am nervous about it. They're going to do ultrasounds every 4 weeks closer to the 3rd trimester. I'm sorry you have this too, but I'm glad I'm not alone!
    April Siggy Challenge--Creepy Easter Bunny

• I am so sorry you have to be on bed rest. That would be so hard. I hope it is temporary for you.
     I was doing some reading in the book "expecting better" and there are few studies that actually prove bed rest is helpful. I am not trying to start anything or go against your doctor, but I found it so interesting! Ok--so the author only talks about studies that use bedrest for preventing preterm labor, so bleeding and stuff is probably different? I would think so. Anyways, that book is pretty interesting if your looking for a book to read since I would be so bored. 
  • Oh no! I hope you're able to come off bedrest at your next re-evaluation!! 
    Together 2007 | Married 2011 | Me: 36 | DH: 38
    Adopted Furbaby: 2014
    TTC#1 : 1/2016 | IUI #2 - BFP 12/24/16 -- born 9/8/17
    TTC#2: 11/2019 | Dx DOR (AMH 0.3), AMA
    IUI #2 - BFP 7/1/20 -- EDD 3/14/21
  • @Breath_Easy92  I have some podcast to suggest if you need something to help keep you entertained when you get bored of TV. Hope you and the LO are doing well! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I am so sorry! I remember you mentioning how even a walk would cause spotting! You mentioned your firestick, have you watched Man in The High Castle on amazon?? 2 seasons, 1st season is slow but it's really good. Im a history nerd, it's based on an alternate world where we lost WW2. 

I hope your Dr appointment gives you a little more freedom!!
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited April 2017
    @labby18 I'll have to check that out! Thanks it does sound interesting.

@juliebeannn and @LosAngelesMama  thank you! I'm hoping so because it seems to be working :) 
  • So sorry to hear about the bedrest! I did 8 weeks of bedrest last pregnancy. Some of it was in the hospital. I watched Netflix a lot and tried to learn how to knit to make hats for my LOs. Unfortunately I was a failure at the knitting, but did get through the Friday Night Lights series. Other things I did were to start baby books, read and puzzles/games on my phone. I hope you get cleared off the bedrest at your next appt. 
  • @baileylove22 yes if I'm still in bed rest once I graduate I'm thinking about learning to knit... I'll probably fail too but I'm hoping being able to sew will help.
  • @Breath_Easy92 how far have you gotten in 13 reasons?! I hope they make a second season!
  • @Breath_Easy92 how far have you gotten in 13 reasons?! I hope they make a second season!
    Lurking over here. Just started the first episode!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • cmar1006 said:
    @Breath_Easy92 how far have you gotten in 13 reasons?! I hope they make a second season!
    Lurking over here. Just started the first episode!!!
    Omg update me as you watch them!!
  • @Breath_Easy92  I am so sorry to hear this! I started having contractions last week and my cervix shortened so I was put on bed rest in an attempt to stop labor. As @jessieR358 said my Doctors even had mixed feelings about whether bed rest would really help in my situation of preterm labor, however the consensus was that it could help slow down contractions and keep me from the possibility of having the cerclage procedure *shudder.* Not only was I stircrazy but it was emotionally tiring to count contractions and wonder if I was going to lose the baby. 

I don't really have the financial ability to be on bed rest, so I am trying to balance coming into work a little and being home the most, but it's tricky. The four days I was in bed with contractions felt like they were never going to end and now all I want is to go back and cuddle up with my pillow boyfriend and my pup.

I really hope when you get re-evaluated you will be able to be up and about a bit and have healed! 

• @towntowns thank you, yes I had discussed the mixed evidence about bed rest with my doctor but due to the correlation in my activity level with the bleeding we had decided to treat the patient instead of relying solely on evidence based studies. My bleeding has stopped since going on bed rest with I my one episode and it was a little spotting after I had gone to class. Once again I had been up for a little longer than recommended so I guess my 4 hour maximum is a little stricter than I thought. 

Honstly, bed rest isnt that bad, but it's kind of a mental prison of worry.  No matter how positive i try to be there's always terrible senarios in my mind swirling around. Emotionally I'm just wrecked. 

Financially I'm a little lucky, we rent from my parents so it's not like they would evict us for this lol.

i hope so badly that it heals but I've read more horror stories online than happy ones.
  • @wyomama0427 I'm about half way! I really is good I just am so distracted I get lost a lot and have to google the plot to catch up lol. 
  • @breath_easy92 Ah I am so sorry. That really is the worst part, you have so much time to think and it's hard to not let the scary thoughts sweep in. I cried most of the first day and a half. I want you to heal so badly too!! I would encourage you to try not to research too many stories, I know that probably sounds obvious but it does help me to read enough to feel educated, and then move on and try to distract myself. My Doctor reminded me that the more anxious I get, the more I release those stress hormones, which makes it that much more challenging for my body to do it's job and heal - but I always feel frustrated when she says it. 

Also, I didn't mean to imply that bedrest wasn't good for you, every situation is different and we have to trust our doctors and our instincts. At the end of the day I would usually rather overdo being cautious to be safe.. Hopefully it didn't come off wrong! 
  • Breath_Easy92Breath_Easy92 member
    edited April 2017
    @towntowns oh no I was just explaining. it probably just came off that way because I'm emotionally tired if explaining it to people, I'm sorry.

but yes! I agree googling is terrible I fell down the rabbit hole last night and it definitely did more damage than good. But I'm just trying to stay positive and sleep a lot. I always feel better when I sleep lol im a stress sleeper 
  • Joining this group today after my MFM appointment. It was hard to call my boss for a leave of absence, though he was very understanding and supportive. My degenerating fibroid is still causing a lot of pain, so got baseline measurements to allow a second course of indocin. Follow up Monday, and if pain not under control I'll be hospitalized. Doctor cannot predict how long I'll be on bed rest, could be 2 weeks or could be that little Liam is born at 36-37 weeks to give me some relief.