May 2017 Moms

Mental Health Monday Check In 4/10/17

I'm realizing we have a lot of Monday threads... Should I wait to post until Tuesday or screw it and keep it Monday?

Otherwise, how's everyone doing?

Re: Mental Health Monday Check In 4/10/17

• I feel like we have a lot of Monday threads too, but that's because its the start of the week :) maybe this one would end up being a weekly like the Monday BF since we tend to spill over into other days...? 

As for my mental health check in...I'm doing okay. Feeling a little eh today. Mainly I'm just tired, feet are swollen, baby is in a weird position - I feel like he's laying sideways and up against my stomach wall (?) because its hard - constantly going to the bathroom this morning and just feeling blah. I want to be curled up either in my bed or on the couch. Other than those lovely pregnancy symptoms, my mental health is okay!  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • Loading the player...
  • @Jens_Hoes Work is massively stressing me out, too. I feel like I've been complaining about this for weeks, but my boss (who I'm training to take over for me), is just driving me up a wall. I can't force her to train properly with me (she's the boss!), but it's just causing problems. I don't feel like she's going to be prepared to take things over in 3 weeks, and what she HAS taken over isn't getting done, like supplies. I had to run out and buy paper towel today because we were completely out and I couldn't get a hold of her to see if/when she'd even be here today (still haven't heard from her). I'm really trying to just let go of all the work stuff right now.

@LilMissCrafty I'm glad you're feeling better today!
  • @starphish18 Was it you whose H said to just go ahead and leave? I'd wash my hands of it. She's being stupid and wasting your time and energy.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • @nda_roxybabe He did. I'd feel so guilty leaving right now, though. It'd be such a huge mess. I feel like it's going to be a mess regardless with this woman taking over as manager, but at least I will know I've done everything to equip her for the job by the time I leave (assuming she shows up a couple more times). 
  • @starphish18 You've got a better work ethic than I would at this point ;) I totally understand though.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • Hang in there @chailife34! I can only imagine how difficult that must be, but you're doing great!! Almost there! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
     "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin
  • That would be really tough, @chailife34, but you can make it 8 more days! Hang in there.

I'm doing okay. I was cranky yesterday, and I'm starting to get worried about how ready DH will be for the spring season at camp. He still needs to hire 2 lifeguards, so I hope he can make some progress on that today. He also has some repairs that need to be made on the pool, which is going to be crazy stressful if it doesn't get done in time. Plus, the baby is due the first week of camp and we're moving in 3 weeks, so there's a lot going on! I have my own full time job, but I live there with him in the summer (and part time in spring/fall when we have groups), so it's hard not to feel like his job is my job, too. I'm so used to being in control, and I have to find a way to let it go. 

We're finally having a beautiful spring week here, so I'm going to try to get outside a few times and turn my mood around today. I love having this thread to vent and support each other!

Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @chailife34 how are you feeling today? 

@kns1988 did your husband move forward with hiring anyone?
  • I'm sorry you're stuck in the hospital  @chailife34. I'm hoping today is better. Thinking about you a lot lately. It'll be easier once baby (Emilia?) is here!
  • I'm with you ladies on the job stress!! Short staffed and micro managed is not a good combo!! I have a job interview on the 26th so cross your fingers for me!!
  • @chailife34 I'm sorry it is still stressful! At least you have a countdown and aren't just waiting and hoping for something to happen. Hopefully you'll have a good visit with your DW/DD today!
  • kns1988kns1988 member
    edited April 2017
    @Jens_Hoes, unfortunately he hasn't found anyone yet. I got up to pee at 1 in the morning last night and he kind of unloaded that he wanted to quit his job and doesn't feel like he's capable of doing it - then he fell asleep and I was up until 3 worrying! It's okay, though. I probably would have been up anyways because pregnancy, and I want him to talk to me when he's stressed. He was feeling much better today about everything.

ETA: I realized I already kind of vented about my lack of sleep in Hogwarts. It's weird posting in two places!
    Me: 29, DH: 31
    Married: October 2014
    Began TTC: April 2015
    BFP #1: 9/18/15. EDD 5/18/16. MC 10/26/15. (9w)
    BFP #2: 2/27/16. EDD 11/7/16. MC/D&E 4/20/16 (11w)
    BFP #3: 9/22/16. EDD 5/29/17. DS born 4/24/17 <3
    BFP #4: 5/20/18. EDD 1/23/19. 

• @chailife34 it's good you have a countdown! I'm sorry it's so lonely. Thinking about you mama!! Do you have books and such?
  • SKZWSKZW member
    @jayandaplus: I think you mentioned (in some thread, somewhere!) that you had an appt today with a dif OB? How did that go? Do you feel more at ease, having had contacted someone else to rely on if needed? Did you get all your Qs answered?
  • @chailife34 I'm so glad to hear it turned into a good day! Hopefully there are enough of those that they out number the not so good days!