Pregnant after a Loss

PGAL Check In 4/10

Good morning PGAL mommies! Hope you're hanging in there. If you're new, always feel free to jump in, but you can also create your own intro thread for more info about yourself. Stay strong! 

How far along are you? 

How big is baby? 

Appointments coming up?

How are you feeling emotionally/physically?

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to?

Rants/Raves/Questions:

GTKY: Are you named after someone? Do you plan on naming your LO after someone?
*** TW**

Me: 37, DH:39
Met: 2002 | Married: 2004 | TTC since January 2014
July 2015: MMC @ 9 wks | August 2015: Chemical
March, April, May & June 2016: Medicated IUIs | BFN 
August 2016: Started Stims 8/22
September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
November 7, 2016: FET - BFP!
EDD 7/25/17
Zoey Alexis born 7/25/17 @ 12:39 PM | 7lbs 14oz | 19 inches

Re: PGAL Check In 4/10

• How far along are you? 24w6d

How big is baby? At my growth scan last week about 1.5 pounds. My app says a canteloupe.

Appointments coming up? Nothing for awhile (4/28)

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I'm exhausted for some reason! Emotionally doing okay :)

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? 3rd tri in a few weeks and I guess passing my glucose text early next month. 

Rants/Raves/Questions: Nothing of note for the moment. I'm pretty boring today.

GTKY: Are you named after someone? Do you plan on naming your LO after someone? I'm named after my godmother who, wait for it, was a nun with my mom back in the 70's. My mom was a nun, my dad was a priest and, long story very short, they met and fell in love and both left their orders :)
    *** TW**

September 2016: Egg Retrieval 9/4 | 13 Mature Eggs | 10 Fertilized | 3 Blastocytes | 1 PGS Normal Embaby 
    EDD 7/25/17
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme thanks for taking over!  and that's an awesome story about how your parents got together!

How far along are you? 
    25w1d

How big is baby? Google tells me a rutabaga, I have no idea how big that is. 

Appointments coming up? Nothing for awhile (5/2), but that will be a big one.  Glucose test, bloodwork, rhogam shot, the works. 

How are you feeling emotionally/physically? Physically I'm starting to feel more and more uncomfortable.  Trying to go for regular walks now that the weather is getting nicer, but I'm exhausted after half an hour! Emotionally I'm doing ok, feeling pretty regular movement helps, but I'm having a little anxiety about no appts for so long, we had to have 3 ultrasounds to get all the A/S measurements, so we were having pretty regular appts for awhile. 

What's the next milestone you're looking forward to? Glucose test and 3rd trimester.

Rants/Raves/Questions: Rave: the good weather! Rant: today is my MIL's birthday and we're doing dinner tonight, fancy dinner on Saturday and then still easter on Sunday.  too much!  No questions right now.

GTKY: Are you named after someone? Do you plan on naming your LO after someone? My middle name (Delores) was my grandmother's name, who passed away when my dad was young.  If this LO is a boy, his middle name will be my dad's name (William), he passed away in 2013. I like middle names after family, but we're undecided on a middle name for a girl.  We're considering my mom (Jane) or my grandma (Evelyn), who passed away when I was young.  DH doesn't really want to name the baby after his relatives, he says it'll have his last name and that's enough. 
  • Loading the player...
  • @CPR79 , sometimes I think we could write each other's posts lol. My appointment on 5/2 is all the same testing too and I'm walking every day but half an hour is about my limit. Also, we had several ultrasounds every two weeks and now I'm done and hate that I got really spoiled.
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17
  • CPR79CPR79 member
    @byrneme I'm glad to hear you have the same appt date and same testing, I've heard talk on BMBs that 28 weeks was late for the glucose test and the later you go the more risk you have of testing positive, but I can't find anything to back that up. Isn't it crazy how quickly you get tired just by walking?  What are we going to do when it's 90 degrees outside??  I think the US thing is the hardest, at least I'm feeling more movement now but it's still irregular and my PGAL brain goes into overtime sometimes. 
  • Really? My doctor said there's no reason to not do all of that at one time and you have to do the rhogan at 28. It's so bizarre to me, especially being in healthcare, the variation in doctor's opinions/strategies!! I just ran home and walked the dog over lunch and I could seriously crawl under my desk and take a nap. I too am feeling movement but it's totally sporadic (hence why I guess they tell you to do kick counts no earlier than 28 weeks). This morning in a meeting Baby B made his/her presence known though - I actually jumped lol. This weekend movement was really slow and that PGAL brain definitely kicked in. 
    *** TW**

EDD 7/25/17