Food Allergy
Options

14 Month Old possible milk allergy

Hi all! My dd is just about 14 months old. She had severe MSPI and reflux we found out when she was about 2 months old. Very bloody stools, fussy, uncomfortable, not sleeping well, etc. I breastfeed her as long as I could but the elimination diet didn't work for us (she was still getting sick and bloody stools). So we put her on Alimentium and things got better. She was on that till about 10 months then we switched to Similac Sensitive and she still did well. She started eating dairy in things like yogurt and cheese. So I thought we were in the clear until we switched to whole cow's milk at about 13 months. Symptoms are starting to pop up again. She has a rash that comes and goes on her neck and behind her ear. Her stomach is bothering her, I can tell she is uncomfortable, and extremely fussy. She is waking up 5 times in the middle of the night and screaming like she is in pain. She started to have runny nose, watery eyes. Could this possibly be an allergic reaction to dairy? I took her into the clinic today but they totally dismissed when asked if this is what it could be but offered no other explanations. I will be calling my doctor who knows our history tomorrow. Would love some input. Thanks! 

Re: 14 Month Old possible milk allergy

• Options
    Just curious how it went with your doc. Any new insight?
  • Options
    Sounds like an allergy to me. My 5 week old was just diagnosed with a milk allergy and Sandifer Syndrome. We've been on Alimentum for several weeks which  is helping. In the meantime maybe try a non dairy type of milk and see if it makes a difference? 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    mpp06mpp06 member
    Your dr should be able to do a blood test to check. We suspected my son had a dairy and egg allergy so she sent us and it came back positive for those two as well as peanuts! Hope you get it figured out!