November 2017 Moms

FTM questions for STM 4/8

124»

Re: FTM questions for STM 4/8

• Ya gun ranges are different I think...when in doubt ask your dr but I went to concerts, used power tools, mowed the lawn etc. Through my entire pregnancy last time. I was told mowing the lawn wasn't safe by ladies on here last time and when I asked my dr she kind of chuckled and was like...the things people come up with! 
  • Awesome. I'd much rather not worry about noise levels. For some reason last time it was one of those things I was just obsessively worried about. 

• Loading the player...
  • @pawcall DH and I went to a wedding last weekend with a couple that's 6 months pregnant with twins. First we met at Starbucks where she had a tea and I had a grande soy latte (my only caffeine for the day). Then we get there and the wedding was after lunch time and we were hungry but no restaurants around. I grabbed a premade sandwich from a 7-11 while they had to wander around to find a restaurant. Mind you, in Korea I don't trust most restaurants anyway. I don't blame her for following all the rules, especially with twins. But I had no shame in my game haha
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• I've for sure had some woops! Wasn't supposed to eat that moments this time around. Too busy with a toddler to follow all the rules!
  • Forgive me if I asked this already - I can't remember! 

Anyone here tried both the moby and a solly wrap? I hated the moby because it felt so bulky and I couldn't get it all that tight. I'm wondering if the different, thinner and softer fabric on the solly helps with those problems? I love my lillebaby airflow, but I am thinking I might want to try a wrap again for those first couple months.  My kids plump up quick, all have been 12 lbs by 1 month, so I only want to splurge if someone tells me they're really great;)
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• TallMomma29TallMomma29 member
    edited April 2017
    @alparodi with my second I barely had any symptoms so I kept drinking wayy more caffeine than recommended (mainly bc I was so tired bc I already had a baby at home)!   I had very few symptoms and was so distracted with my DD that I regularly ate stuff we aren't supposed to.   :o

@MississippiCatfish I never ate cold deli meat with my first, but in subsequent pregnancies I have basically completely forgotten there was even a concern.  I'm so glad it's not actually a big risk because it can so hard to avoid sometimes! 

• @MississippiCatfish My Solly wrap just came yesterday so I'm tempted to try wrapping a stuffed animal to see haha. I've heard great things about them! If you're worried you could always get a secondhand one from a BST group for like $25-30.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @elsieisamoocow Really?? I've been watching our local BST sites and the lowest I've seen is $50!  Maybe I'll keep watching and see if they go lower eventually. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I feel like an idiot here,  but what is BST?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @jess0211 my best guess is that it stands for Baby Stretchy Things and is a baby wearing things group haha

• @MississippiCatfish Yeah! Look on Facebook for the group called Solly Baby B/S/T. I just saw one for $25! Just keep an eye out in there and chances are you can find a good deal. 

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!

• @DuchessOfCambridge that made me LOL and I thank you for that :lol:

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11

• @pawcall Definitely! My first pregnancy I was super cautious because I'd already had a miscarriage... didn't drink any caffeine, only one fish per week, no soft cheese or deli meat... this time around I have a very busy toddler and I drink a cup of coffee every morning, realized that most soft cheeses sold in the us are pasteurized and fine for pregnancy and are tuna once... oops! 
  • I also would wait and see what your kid likes before getting all the swaddles. You could get newborn and size small swaddles because those are all the same, but when the babies get older they have preferences. My son loves his arms up so zipadee zip and dream up swaddles were the best for him.
  • Baby wearing: I love the k'tan for 0-6 months and then I used and am still using my lillebaby. The K'tan was perfect and so easy to put on. It was soft structured and it felt so comfortable. It's like the month except way easier to put on. It comes in two pieces and so it's super easy. The lillebaby is so nice because you can have them facing in and facing out. Love them!
  • Weight - I didn't gain any weight until 20 weeks with my son and I was super worried. But it all worked out just fine! I ended up gaining 25 pounds total. This time I may have gained some already... nausea is worse and so I've been eating more snacks than I usually do.
  • I'm 10 weeks going on 11 on Wednesday. I have lost 10 pounds this pregnancy. trust me you will gain it back don't worry.