July 2017 Moms
Options

FFFC

Confess, my pretties! 

Re: FFFC

• Options
    We took my 2.5 year old son to a hibachi restaurant. He was so scared of the flames on the cooktop. He kept saying "I don't like the fire!" and burying his face in my shoulder. I felt a little bad, but I also think it was just about the cutest thing ever. 
  • Options
    FFFC: I have really sucked at taking my prenatal vitamins this whole pregnancy. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    @glitterfish I remember saying the same thing about my 3D ultrasound last time I was pregnant! His lips looked huge! My DH and I both have thin/average lips, so we were both sort of taken aback by it. Also, his nose looked really wide because it was smashed. However, my DS was born with rather thin lips and a normal sized nose. Everything just looks weird on those pictures because the baby is basically underwater. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish he's a cutie! btw i feel like when i was a ftm, all i could see were alien babies and now that i've actually seen what these alien babies look like out of the womb, i am able to see the babies. weird. 

• Options
    edited April 2017
    rae1-3 said:
    I ate ice cream for lunch yesterday. 
    Me too even though I know it never sits well with my stomach. 

Edited for spelling. 
  • Options
    @GlitterFish that is the cutest picture! He looks adorable!! I've never had a 3D/4D ultrasound done because I'm afraid it will freak me out. His lips do not look big. 
  • Options
    here's a lame one: i always have wayz on when driving even if it's just to work because i like seeing how i track to gps and love it when i shave a few minutes off the original estimate. 
  • Options
    I have never watched an episode of game of thrones or walking dead. I hate zombies and my husband read all the books- so I felt like it is too nerdy. 

I have also been bad about ore natal vitamins. 

I dont think there is anything flame worthy about having ice cream as a meal :-D we'really adults we worked hard to not be kids anymore so we can make that kind of decision.

Also, dd bit someone at her daycare yesterday. First time ever. I think I handled the conversation well but I was secretly OK because this girl is a total twat and has been really mean, aggressive and physical with dd. DD feels really guilty, so I don't think she'll do it again, but idk how involved I should be about talking to the other mom, the teacher, etc for solutions. I don't want to be "that mom."
  • Options
    I had an olive garden salad the other day that was more cheese than green stuff. No regrets. 
  • Options
    the majority of moms replying to a woman's thread on my local board about whether she needs to transition her 22mo to a toddler bed because she managed to climb up and out of her crib are saying they'd keep her IN THE CRIB and just watch her for a few nights to make sure she doesn't do it again and she'll soon realize the crib is for sleeping only. WTF? do you guys see how that is crazy or is it just me? 
    1) 22 mo is not that young and really, let's just call it "almost 2" - that is typically when they transition. 
    b) if they can climb out of it once, they can climb out of it again. why risk it?? 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons - I do the same thing. I love Waze. It really helps me for my evening commute since it takes me a different way home that's "quicker".
    Married: 10/13/2013
    TTC #1: Mirena removed 5/26/2015; DH - normal SA, me - diagnosed with PCOS 8/4/2016 - on Metformin; BFP - 10/29/2016!!!, EDD - 7/8/2017; DD born 6/29/2017
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons my kid was the most craptastic sleeper ever and she figured out how to climb out about that time. I totally threw her behind in a backwards sleepsack and just made the transition at 3.5 lol. No way was I chasing her back to a bed 100x a night. 

I do think just hoping it won't happen again and making no changes is risking a broken arm though, agree with you there.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Our pediatrician said to try and keep him in the crib until 3, or until he climbs out. So I do think 22 months is pretty young to switch. But you definitely have to do something more than "keep an eye out for a couple nights" to make sure the kid doesn't injure themselves. 
  • Options
    @satsumasandlemons this reminds me of that video that was going around, it was like a time lapse of a few hours at night where these twins kept climbing out of their cribs and having the time of their lives wrecking havoc in their room. So funny. Not funny for the parents, I'm sure. :lol:

My FFFC's are always lame. I guess my confession is that when I'm riding public transportation, I love eavesdropping and looking at other people's phones over their shoulder to see what they're doing. Not obviously, of course. But I read text messages, watch people browse the Internet, listen to phone conversations, etc. I probably sound like a total creep but I'm actually just really nosy. And bored. 
  • Options
    I don't plan on doing much actual work at work today. I'm off all next week for our babymoon and really don't have the motivation to be productive today.  zerofvcksgiven.

TGIF. 
    ME: 34 | DH: 36
    Married: 6/2016
    TTC:6/2016
    BFP: 11/22/2016 | EDD: 7/29/2017

• Options
    Honestly, if we didnt need the money I would fake super sick to make my husband stay home from work. I have little patience today with the screaming toddler and do not want to be alone with him the rest of the day. I don't know why I am grumpy other than awful heartburn making me super sick feeling all week. The house is also a huge mess and I have no will to clean. :s
  • Options
    @AdaByron @nikkiandchris - is this a new guideline? i'm pretty sure i wasn't even the first to switch in my bmb at 2 yo. my daughter has always been a horrible sleeper but that was when we fully childproofed her room and put a gate up at the door so she could wander around her room and not get hurt. 
  • Options
    AdaByronAdaByron member
    edited April 2017
    I have never read Harry Potter or seen any of the movies.

Also, Star Wars, Twilight, Lord of the Rings, 50 Shades of Grey, Game of Thrones, Walking Dead, Breaking Bad... I'm sure there are more. I rely on my students to keep me in touch with pop culture, but I never actually watch things myself. 
  • Options
    My FFC: I aggravated my RLP dancing around the room after my shower this morning. Stupid me thought I still had moves....I don't. 
    HA!  I was dancing in the elevator to music in my head this morning, but luckily I wasn't hit with RLP.  Something to look forward to!  :D

Me: 26  Him: 27
    Dating: 5/2011 Married: 6/2014

Mirena out/TTC: 02/2016

BFP #1: 12/01/2016

EDD: 07/24/2017

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @AdaByron @nikkiandchris - is this a new guideline? i'm pretty sure i wasn't even the first to switch in my bmb at 2 yo. my daughter has always been a horrible sleeper but that was when we fully childproofed her room and put a gate up at the door so she could wander around her room and not get hurt. 
    I don't think it's an official guideline, it was just sort of casual advice from our doctor. We didn't really follow it. It was sometime shortly after 2 when we switched. I think she was just trying to say don't feel like you HAVE to switch at 2, since that seems to be the popular time to switch. The safest thing is to keep them in the crib as long as possible, unless the crib becomes unsafe due to climbing.
  • Options
    I feel like a horrible mother this week. My daughter has to have eye drops because of allergies just for a few days. She fights me every time I have to put them in, im talking kicking and hitting. Well Tuesday and Thursday night I sent her to bed at 6 because I just didn't have the will to fight with her anymore about putting them in and I was just so frustrated. Shes almost 4 and she knows they dont hurt but just doesn't want them so she'll cry and say shes scared and im hurting her. I literally have to restrain her to put them in. Im not hurting her when I do it but i have to hold her arms down with one leg and try to get them in her eyes as shes turning her head.

So after sending her to bed so early I go in and lay in her bed with her after she falls asleep because I feel so bad about being mad at her.
  • Options
    Oh mine wasn't official guidance just fear that she would wake up and scream for us even more than she already was lol. Survival has always been the name of the game with that one. She sure is cute though.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I was half tempted to tell my dad we were going to name the baby Evelyn so he would buy us our pack and play.  He HATES our pick of Everly, even though they are similar. 

I have eaten like crap this whole week. Either I'm not eating at all, or I'm just eating junk. 

Me (K)-27 DH (T)-30
    2 Rainbow DDs L-10/26/10 and A-03/27/14
    2 Angels- 10/26/09 and 02/03/15
    Surprise BFP on 10/25/16!!! Baby Firecracker is due on 07/02/17! 
  • Options
    I am intentionally eating like shit as a last hurrah before my GDM test Monday. With my horrible blood sugar drops every day I will not be the least bit surprised if I have it. 
    TTC: 1/2014 BFP: 9/24 EDD: 6/8/2015 Sorry for the poor man's siggy...ticker won't load regardless of how many tips I read.
  • Options
    Ugggghhh ... wish TB had an "undo" button for when you erase your responses.  

@greenbean-2 You just described my life.  That's exactly what's going on in my house too haha!  Except DH knows it's because I needed to try something else to see if I would sleep better and I do.  I still spend time with him in our room until he goes to sleep, then I retreat to the other room to hog the ever loving sh!t out of that bed haha!  

@satsumasandlemons I was that baby.  My parents said I crawled out of my crib 22 times in one night.  A few times I even fell asleep behind the door so they literally had to push the door open slowly and move me with it just to get in.  I wasn't in a crib much longer after that.  I think I was probably about 1 1/2 (maybe a few months older)  
    Me: 29 DH: 31 SS: 12
    Met: 08/2001 Dating: 07/2004 ~ Engaged: 11/2009 ~ Married: 06/2011
    TTC: Since 09/16 ~ BFP 10/28/16 ~ EDD 7/5/17
    Team Pink * Canadian Bumpie
  • Options
    @greenbean-2 - YES to having your own bed! I slept in the guest room a few nights ago and it was heaven. 

@yellow1daisy - I'm so sorry you're feeling this way. Does DH feel the same or is it something you guys haven't talked about? Don't feel guilty for those thoughts - I think even people who are having babies under the "best" circumstances still are stressed at times and wondering what the heck they're going to do. Don't beat yourself up for having those feelings. Having some doubts in no way reflects the amount of love you have for your baby or will make you less of a parent. I hope some things fall into place for you and takes some stress away. 
  • Options
    @stokesm21 Yeah that was me for a couple nights - start in bed with DH, toss and turn for 2 hours, switch rooms and immediately fall asleep. He's fine with it (especially because he's probably sleeping better too!) but I don't want to make it into too much of a habit. 

@ginger1228 I'm glad I'm not the only one :)

@yellow1daisy I'm sorry you're feeling this way. I can relate.  It's a little different because I'm a FTM, but there are definitely times when I think "what have we done???" and then I feel guilty. I think having doubts about major life changes is pretty normal. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    FFFC: I keep having thoughts of how maybe we rushed into this pregnancy. It's such a stressful time in our lives and I feel like it's going to be such a struggle. Obviously there's no turning back and I feel soooo guilty for feeling this way (especially as my precious girl is kicking me as I type this) but I'm so stressed out just thinking about how much harder it's going to be when it all feels so hard already. We had such a hard time conceiving our first that we wanted to get a head start on our second (and turns out, luckily, we didn't need it). I was ecstatic before but I'm getting so panicky it's affecting my day to day life. 
    You got this. Yeah, it will be stressful, but it would be stressful no matter how long it took to conceive your second!

I haven't reconciled our petty cash in a looooooooong time for work. I just haven't needed to. We're supposed to do this monthly. Whoops.
  • Options
    @yellow1daisy I have definitely had some of these same thoughts (well slightly different because we don't have children currently).  Dont feel guilty.  From what I understand, it's completely normal.
  • Options
    @yellow1daisy I can totally relate and understand where you're coming from. Even as a FTM there are times where the gravity of this life-changing event really sets in. There are a lot of times I've already felt isolated because we are the first of our friends to have kids, and everything seems to be happening at such a rapid pace. I don't have any regrets and we both are 100% over the moon excited about this pregnancy and baby. But it's normal to consider how life will change when the baby comes. I don't think you are wrong to think those thoughts. One day you'll look back and not be able to remember what life was life with just one LO. It will be stressful, but you will find ways to adapt and accept the changes! 
  • Options
    +1 on forgetting my pre-natal vitamins unless my toddler reminds me when I give him his.

@yellow1daisy I have had similar feelings with all 3 of my pregnancies. I worry about how it will change our family dynamic, our finances, my kids routines, me and DH'S  relationship and my sanity. After that new baby there will be a new normal and that normal changes so much that first year from month to month so I think it's normal to have some anxiety about it.

FFC I have/will transition all 3 of my kids out of cribs before 2 because my bump makes it annoying to lift them out of their cribs. DS was in a toddler bed (crib with sides off) at 19months and my twins are going into big kid beds in 2 weeks and even though I am nervous for the transition I am so over lifting them out of their cribs! 
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I have pretty much eaten crap all week. I think I had one salad? And now, I feel like crap. Next week, it's all veggies!