November 2017 Moms
Options

Why I'm Rolling My Eyes at My SO 4/7

Changing the title of this a little bit, I don't ever refer to DH as an a-hole because he's not, and it makes me not want to participate in this thread. 

Re: Why I'm Rolling My Eyes at My SO 4/7

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Thanks for changing the name! I don't have anything to add right now, but I definitely was less likely to post in the other one as I (almost) never consider my H an asshole. But, I HAVE been known to roll my eyes a time or two ;)
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    I appreciate the name change too. My husband makes me roll my eyes occasionally but he is always wonderful and lovable! 

My DH can't cook at all, except for grilled cheese sandwiches, waffles, and chocolate chip cookies (umm yeah, he figured out how to make chocolate chip cookies, can't he follow another recipe??). It's never been an issue because I love to cook, but now that I'm sick with MS I don't want to cook...and I just have to, because we're on a budget and we can't go out every night. He also hasn't helped with the dishes, or to clean up the kitchen, or anything. A few days ago I asked him kindly to put his dirty dishes in the dishwasher once he's done with them. Has he done it? No. 
    Nov 17 BMB May Siggy Challenge: Mother's Day Fails

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mine flipped out at me for accidentally changing our cable subscription to cost 10$ more a month. #notanemergency
  • Options
    @baker1jm2 DHs are clearly related! 

DH always asks if I think I've caught something when I throw up from the nausea. And then proceeds to tell me that I could be getting sick because I never had nausea with DS. You know... because all pregnancies are carbon copies of the previous one!   :p 

When I was pg with DS, DH was positive I exaggerated all my symptoms, and didn't believe I was put on modified bed rest. I'm expecting the same thing this time. 
  • Options
    I had a major eye roll at DH on Wednesday night. He has a habit of falling asleep on the couch about a half hour after we eat dinner. Normally, I then watch a few shows and wake him up when it's time to go to bed. But on Wednesday he was working an opening night of a show and didn't get home until probably 11:30 so I went to bed at 10. I woke up when he got home, and he said he was going to eat his food in the living room and then come to bed. Well I woke up at 5:56am and he wasn't in bed, and hadn't been in bed. Went to the living room and he was passed out on the couch under a freaking blanket! He freaked when I told him it was almost 6am, and then he came to bed for a whole half hour before waking up for work. Silly, silly man.
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    BF is trying to lose his little belly and is going through a smoothie phase. He bought some fancy blender and makes these smoothies at 9pm for the next morning and it is SO LOUD. I worry our neighbors will think we're doing late night construction. And then every time there is something wrong with the smoothie. Today it's too thick. The guy is just incapable of following a recipe and I wonder if this is all gearing up to try to get me to make them for him.
  • Options
    I am rolling my eyes at DH because he has a low threshold for functioning when sick or has a headache.

Last night, we both worked about 12 hours (parent teacher conferences--yay) and were exhausted when we got home. I was feeling awful due to my now nightly nausea bouts, but I still had to finish a mailing of invites to an event. So I was sitting on the floor putting stamps on 200 invitations (our Development Director is on maternity leave--so I am picking up her normal tasks) and it was about 9pm. DH came in and said he had a headache and was tired, but we needed to still clean up the living room/kitchen since his family is arriving in town this afternoon. 

Despite me feeling like crap and still working, I sucked it up, powered through the invitations and then started cleaning up the kitchen. DH laid in bed moaning about his headache and being tired. He finally started doing dishes about 30 minutes later, but with a major attitude. I was so irritated with him.

I feel like man colds, headaches and fevers are so much more dramatic when he gets them...
  • Options
    I love the theme here of DHs having a low threshold for sickness/ailments. It's endearingly annoying. @baker1jm2 I was cracking up at your story. 
  • Options
    edited April 2017
     @emucoleman agreed, I don't want to bash DH and we don't call each other names, the a-hole thread was a bit disrespectful for my taste. I just want to poke fun at him like when dream DH takes me to Disney and real DH doesn't :tongue: DH's are awesome!

• Options
    I agree my DH is awesome, but he had me rolling my eyes last night!! I had a crazy day with all the kids, a doctors appointment for one, dentist for another, cub scouts for one, football for the other, and had to squeeze in dinner in between. When my husband got home from work, I pulled him aside and said "I know you just got home, but I'm exhausted and nauseated, while the kids are unwinding from the day, can I just go lay down for 20 mins." He said "of course, go rest!" So I did. And in that 15 mins of me trying to enjoy silence, he came in 6 TIMES!! To ask me silly questions "like, where are more of the baby's diapers." (In his closet where I hoard boxes of them and he knows this.) "J____ says he has pajama day at school tomorrow." (Yes, I know-and you would like me to do what about it now??). Etc....   I eventually just got up and did it all myself because it's easier, I think that's his plan sometimes! Lol
  • Options
    @cmessamore it's so funny, DH used to be a really stylish dresser and had all of these fancy designer suits and shoes and everything. Somehow 6 years of marriage changed that, and now he needs to ask me every morning if his outfit matches :lol:
    April Siggy Challenge: April Showers
    68b4a0fa9283500827195ef5a5ccdd70

About me:
    29 y/o
    Married 6.26.11
    BFP 12.23.13, EDD 9.2.14 - baby girl, born too soon at 22w6d due to a placental abruption on 5.5.14
    BFP 8.4.14, EDD 4.15.15 - rainbow son, born at 30w4d due to a placental abruption on 2.8.15, healthy 3 y/o now!
    BFP 2.28.17, EDD 11.8.17 - baby girl, miscarried at 11 weeks on 4.21.17
    BFP 11.28.17, EDD 8.8.18, delivering in July - another rainbow baby boy!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    I love my DH to death but he's just a jerk when he gets woke up. Yesterday he promised that he would get up with DD this AM for once (we wake up at 6 and he sleeps until 10 or 11!) I woke him up at 6 when she started crying and he says, "ugh I just can't." And rolled back over and went back to sleep. Ugh! Major eye roll. I stomped around until he finally got up and told me to go back to bed.  :D
  • Options
    I told him I was exhausted and couldn't wait to go to sleep. Then he acted like I couldn't possibly know what tired felt like since he works 24 hours shifts twice a week.

Also, yesterday I found a string in my salad at the restaurant. He told me it was a celery strong and not only did I point out that there wasn't any celery in the salad, but it also wouldn't break. He refused to let me send it back and switched with me. Gross!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    DD recently decided she would like to go down our stairs by herself by "sitting and scooting" while I hold her hand. I was holding her hand this morning while she was going down and she pulled really hard and got lose. The pulling momentum sent her on a small tumble forward down two steps. She was scared and cried for two seconds, but wasn't hurt at all. DH proceeds to yell at me for not being careful enough. He clearly doesn't understand mom guilt. I was already beating myself up before her short two stair two second tumble even ended. 
  • Options
    I'm rolling my eyes at my husband bc he got me sick and I'm pregnant yet he's acting like he's dying and I'm still going about my routine as best as I'm able. Come on, dude. You're not sick, you just stayed up until 1am and that's why you're so tired! You aren't fooling me!
    Me: 32 Husbando: 49
    Married Since: 7/29/2012
    omgosh 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    My boobs have pretty much almost doubled in size at this point (about 8 weeks) and DH was all over me last night. Glad you love them, buddy... but I want to sleep!
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility