November 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday TTGP Grad Check-in 4/6

Sorry, I'm a slacker today!!!
Feel free to tag ladies in the comments! 

This is a check-in for friends from the TTGP board. If you were a contributing member of that board please let us know how you are doing! 

1. Due date?

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 3

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? 

4. Questions/concerns?

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Thursday TTGP Grad Check-in 4/6

• Options
    edited April 2017
    1. Due date?
    11/18
    Feeling good! Minus my migraine right now. After all my talk about not getting them after pregnancy I got one tonight at dinner. ETA overall I feel very lucky to be having an easy pregnancy with few symptoms. Doesn't mean I don't complain about some annoyances but now that I know baby is healthy it's easier to relax and feel grateful for my lack of symptoms. 
    Just had one today, posted in the appointments thread. 
    4. Questions/concerns?
    Just some random thoughts: I sometimes forget that I actually have to give birth at the end of this. It doesn't seem real. Me being pregnant now seems more real especially as we're slowly telling more people but the giving birth and getting a baby out of it doesn't. 

• Options
    1. Due date?  November 23 (Thanksgiving)

During the daytime, I feel pretty good. I have been waking up at 4:30am for the past week, no matter when I go to bed, so that has been an adjustment. I feel the worst though at night. Nausea seems to start around 6pm and lasts until bedtime.

Had first prenatal appt on Tuesday and it went really well. Scheduled for first U/S next Tuesday at 7w5d

4. Questions/concerns?
    None at this time.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    1. Due date? 11/10

Feeling okay. Still fatigued and brushing my teeth makes me gag, but that's about it. I'm also craving healthier food which is good I guess. Well, I should say at first I crave burgers,bbq,fried chicken, etc. but then I take a few bites and don't want it. My body definitely feels better eating cleaner foods, more so than pre-pregnancy. I'm still waiting for our pregnancy announcement pictures from the photographer. It's only been 5 days but I'm biting at the bit here. DH even keeps asking me lol. I'm contemplating announcing right away (which I'm fine with since we had a perfect u/s last week) or wait until after next week's apt just to make sure everything's okay. I'm not going to get all soapbox-y, but I definitely don't want to feel like I have to hide my pregnancy until I'm "x" amount of weeks. 

I have a dentist apt next week that I scheduled before the tooth brushing gagging started, but I'm going to keep because it's hard to get an apt that fits around my work schedule. I have another OB apt and u/s on Thursday. 

4. Questions/concerns?
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options

@duchessofcambridge glad your apt went well!!!!

@dragonfly87 if I am going to be nauseous it tends to be in the evening as well, though the last few days it hasn't been as bad.

@slaven I am so excited for you to get your announcement photos! I can't wait to announce but we have to wait until Mother's day since we won't see our families to then and I don't want them to hear through the rumor mill. I had a dentist appt. last week and it was a bit rough. The dental hygienist thought was super understanding and would give me more breaks during the cleaning which helped. She also let me pick the flavor toothpaste which was helpful.

1. Due Date?

At my Ob visit they said 11/8 based off LMP, but I am sticking with 11/11 because I know when I ovulated and my ultrasound matched up perfectly with 11/11.

2. How are you feeling?

This past week I seem to be feeling less symptoms but I am not worried since I saw a healthy little one on the ultrasound. I still have been having headaches on and off and periodically food or smells are bothering. This week I have been having some lightheadedness though, I am trying to discern if this is from the pregnancy OR if it's because I went off my beta blocker for SVT. I'll be mentioning it to my OB and Cardiologist if it continues. I've also been very breathless. Mentally I am starting to feel a bit overwhelmed with starting to look into child care options and after telling my boss yesterday and now thinking about maternity leave etc.

3. Upcoming appts?

We have our genetic counseling appt. on Thursday due to AMA and DH being adopted so we don't have a lot of family history and Downs Syndrome is on my Mom's side of the family. I'm a little nervous about this because I am not sure what to expect.

4. Questions?

Has anyone had a genetic counseling appt. yet? If so, any advice?

HAPPY FRIDAY LADIES!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 good luck at counseling! I would be nervous too but it's great there's so much support for parents to decide what tests to do and what benefits outweigh risks, etc. Hope it all goes well!

• Options
    NYTino24NYTino24 member
    edited April 2017
    1. Due date? According to LMP, 11/16, me
    11/20, baby's last measurement 11/18

Nervous about what the heck we saw on the ultrasound. Is it a twin? Is it going to affect this pregnancy? Almost pass my loss milestone.

Monday! We were supposed to get chromosome results back on next Monday, but they gave them to us yesterday since I was nervous about the outcome of the ultrasound. Both DH and I are chromosomally normal.

4. Questions/concerns?

Only ones that another appointment will answer 

@jess0211 We just met with the perinatologist and he gave us a script for blood work. We didn't know I was pregnant yet. We are going to do more testing for the baby soon and will schedule on Monday. If I am pregnant with twins, vanishing or not, that may complicate tests (I think.)
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

Me: 36 DH 35 
    TTC  9/2016     BFP 12/9/16    EDD 8/21/17    NMC 1/8/16 at 7w6d
    TTC  2/2017  BFP 3/6/17   EDD 11/17/17   DS born 11/25/17 via ECS
    TTC 12/2018   BFP 6/2/19   EDD 2/12/20  NMC / BO at 7 weeks, low progesterone
    TTC 7/2019   BFP 8/21/19 EDD 4/22/20 CP at 5 weeks
    TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,
    IUI 4 Follistim + Ovidrel + progesterone BFP 1/9/20 EDD 9/18/20

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @NYTino24 glad your chromosome tests came back good. I know it's going to be hard to relax until your next appt, but sending so many positive vibes your way and feel free to come stress/vent here for support!  <3

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge I am also weirded out by having to give birth at the end of this. Oof.

@jess0211 I read your post about maternity leave at your institution and I can't believe the HR person told you something so ridiculous! Ugh! I hope you get it all straightened out. What do they do at the GC -- have they already taken your blood or will they do it then? I've had both Counsyl and Recombine done so let me know if you ever want to talk about it :) 

@nytino24 Thinking of you and hoping you get answers soon. But what a relief that the karyotyping is all ok! 

1. Due date? 11 3 

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 
    Awful. Honestly let's not even talk about it.

Well I don't technically fit the clinical criteria for HG so it's just wait and see, do your best. Cross your fingers that's enough. I took yesterday off work. Today I was taking off anyway to visit some family so I'm hoping the relaxing family time and a change of scenery might help. 

4. Questions/concerns? 
    I think I'm furthest along except @kyersten so maybe you guys can't answer this yet, but have any of you started to "pop"? Yesterday and today I've had a little pooch, lower down than a food baby would be. (tmi) I thought maybe I just needed to poop, but today I had a truly glorious poop and the poochiness is still there. So I'm wondering if this could possibly be real! 

• Options
    @adirat I am so so sorry you feel so awful. I really hope it goes away 2nd tri and you have an enjoyable rest of your pregnancy. You're almost there! Hugs  <3

• Options
    @DuchessOfCambridge Aww thanks. I really want to get to a place where I can enjoy!! 

• Options
    1. Due date? 10/30 

2. How are you feeling? DD posts are welcome if you need support 3 It has been a rough few days! Not nearly as badly as @adirat has had it, but bad nausea and vomiting. Also, horrible headaches. And other symptoms. I think week 9-10 have been my worst weeks as far as symptoms go. Going camping this weekend (with just DH and the dogs) - haven't decided if this is a good idea. But, it's only 40 minuets from home and on the plus side I can puke pretty much anywhere since we are outside  :#

3. Any upcoming appointments and/or updates from recent appointments? Tuesday is my first ob appointment! Although I'm spoiled and have already had two ultrasounds at my RE, hoping they'll let me at least hear the heartbeat. Especially since I think I'm due for a Pap smear, so I feel like it's a fair reward, because I hate those things. 

4. Questions/concerns? This is so TMI, but is anyone swollen around their vagina and perineum (learning names of body parts during this pregnancy - ha!) areas?

@DuchessOfCambridge Yes to the feeling weird about giving birth in several months! I was skipping around a pregnancy book and read the birth/postnatal stuff. I was reading it impersonally but then I was like "WAIT. I'll be going through all this too!"

@dragonfly87 I usually feel worst at night too. Morning sickness is such a poorly named symptom on so many levels.

@slaven Let me know how the dentist appointment goes (if they do anything differently etc)! I just cancelled mine due to the nausea, but want to go in next trimester. 

@jess0211 Thinking about childcare has had me super overwhelmed lately too! It's so expensive in our area and there are so many options. I'm not sure when we should start looking at getting on a waiting list.

@NYTino24 Fingers crossed the next ultrasound provides more clarity! The unknown makes me nervous too, I'm sorry you're dealing with this new stress!

@adirat I keep reading that it's too early to show - but I definitely have a rounder belly area. DH actually pointed it out ("aww your tummy is getting so round and cute!", brave man). Even when I have no reason to be round or bloated, it's always there now! Who knows!
    DH: 31, Me: 27
    Married May 2014
    TTC #1: May 2015
    September 2016-December 2016: Met with RE, fertility testing, diagnosis of tubal scarring, and plan of IVF
    *TW in spoiler boxes*
    Surprise! Unexpected BFP 2/22/17 just when we were about to start fertility treatment!
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    @adirat I definitely have had a pooch the last few days that does not change what so ever so while I know it's not really baby, it's also not the same as the bloating/poop belly I had going on the past few weeks. My EDD is 11/10 based on LMP however I O'd earlier than "normal" and am measuring a bit ahead, though my dr hasn't moved my EDD at all.
    @kyersten I'll definitely post about it. I thought about rescheduling however I had to book 4 weeks out just to get an appointment after 2pm because I sub until then on my days off from my 9-5 job. We move at the end of May and with all that jazz I probably wouldn't see a dentist at our next duty station until July so now is the time. 
    Me: 25 DH: 29, Married 1/1/2015
    DS 11/2/2017
    TTC since August 2018

• Options
    @kyersten @slaven Thanks! Good to know I'm not (totally) crazy.

• Options
    @adirat *TMI* If there is one thing I've learned about intestines, it's that you can poop and poop and there might still be more in there! One day I went four times!!! */TMI* I tend to have slower motility than others though, which is weird because it was totally the opposite when I was an athlete. I had trouble gaining weight because my metabolism was so fast. My 30s took care of that fast! Haha

Today is my college soccer alumni game. I'm going and not playing. If anyone asks, I'll tell since I am not a good liar and don't care enough to lie. I also have huge boobs and a belly compared to my 115 lb. soccer body. 
    It's funny how it's the little things in life that mean the most...not where you live, or what you drive, or the price tag on your clothes... There's no dollar sign on a piece of mind, this I've come to know! *ZBB*

TTC 8/19    IUI #1 w/ Clomid + Ovidrel + progesterone  BFN, IUI 2 and 3 w/ Letrozole + Ovidrel + progesterone,

AMA, ITP in pregnancy, vWD type II - low Factor VIII, unexplained RPL and secondary infertility
  • Options
    @adirat that's what has me confused, I don't know if they do the counseling then I need another appt. for the testing or if it all happens then. I have jad bloodwork but just the normal prenatal screen. I hope you're feeling better soon!!!!

@kyersten I am sorry you're not feeling well, I have been having headaches the last week too...not fun! Good luck at your ob appt! Regarding childcare my two good friends who both know both encouraged me to get on waitlists now.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @jess0211 I will be discussing the next genetic testing with the regular OB on Monday. We signed papers with our decision at the last appointment and I assume we will make the bloodwork appointment next. Usually results take 2-4 weeks. I'm sure there can be a huge variability between offices though.

• Options
    @NYTino24 thanks,  I am sure it does vary. I was hoping they would do the testing next week too. I would really like the results before we tell our family the 2nd week of May.

Pregnancy Ticker