Thursday Ticker Change 4/6

How far along are you?

How big is baby?

Any appointments this week?

Symptoms?

Cravings?

Rants/Raves/Questions?

Team Pink/Blue/Green?

GTKY: Do you have anything left on your to-do list before baby gets here?

-----or for postpartum-----

How many weeks old is baby?

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain?

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom?

Rants/raves/questions

GTYK: Is there anything on your to-do list that you didn't get done before the baby arrived and are finishing up now?

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4/6

• How far along are you? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery

Any appointments this week? Nope

Symptoms? Usual. Back/hip pain, lots of tossing and peeing at night, pregnancy brain, acid reflux (which I swear gets worse when I'm dealing with work stress).

Cravings? Meat! I got a chicken salad sandwich for lunch, and I'm counting down the minutes until I can eat it.

Rants/Raves/Questions? H and I went to our first labor and delivery class last night (1 of 2 for that session), and I was happy with the content they were covering. They were very pro-vax and have gone through unmedicated birth, but will be going through medicated birth next week (so they're not pushing an agenda there). Apart from the "relaxation" exercise on the floor that hurt, it was a good class.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Pink

GTKY: Do you have anything left on your to-do list before baby gets here? Lots! We have our last baby shower this weekend, so I'll be purchasing everything else we need next week. Then, we need to put finishing touches on the nursery, set things like the stroller and such up, and get things like the hospital bag put together. I've also been working on washing clothes and such for the baby, and realized I need more sleepers in small sizes. Should be set on onesies and other things, but many of our 0-3 month sleepers are definitely sized large. I'm planning on picking up some carters or cat and jack, cause those seem to run smaller, I think.
  • Loading the player...
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? butternut squash 

Any appointments this week? I had one on Tuesday. Everything went well overall. MW confirmed he's head down, and she gave me some iron samples since I mentioned feeling a little woozy while sitting down. My iron level was within range but on the low end.

Symptoms? Sleep was going so much better last week, but has gotten uncomfortable again this week. My entire belly was hurting at one point last night, that I thought maybe he was flipping to a breech position. I think it was just a lot of trapped gas. Meh.

Cravings? Nothing really. I've been sneaking bites of ice cream here and there plus cough drops since my throat is irritated.

Rants/Raves/Questions? Hmmmm not the moment. Just about to go take a nap because bad sleep + sore throat makes for a very tired mama

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Blue

GTKY: Do you have anything left on your to-do list before baby gets here? So much! We decided to paint his room after all, so we will start this weekend. I still need to pack my hospital bag and order stuff off my registry with the coupon. I'm disappointed how limited Amazon is. I had added a couple very baby related stuff like these sweet jersey crib sheet but the coupon won't work on that. Most of my orders will probably come from Target instead. Oh and I need to clean up the carseat and learn how to install it with the LATCH. I'm sure there's more to do, but those are the more important things that come to mind at the moment.

• @kat81 - it sounds like you had to deal with SPD with other pregnancies? Did you continue to have issues after delivery? I didn't have this issue with my first, and I'm just miserable and hoping there is an end in sight! LOL

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • kat81kat81 member
    edited April 2017
    @kat81 - it sounds like you had to deal with SPD with other pregnancies? Did you continue to have issues after delivery? I didn't have this issue with my first, and I'm just miserable and hoping there is an end in sight! LOL
    I am so sorry you're going through this. It is supposed to get worse with successive pregnancies which is why it's understandable you have it now and didn't have it before. I think it was worse for #2 than #1 for me. It's totally weird that it's not as bad for me this time!

With my first, all issues went away immediately upon delivery, or at least within days or so. Everything was back to normal and GREAT. With my second, it was still an impediment for a month or two, and then there were some minor lingering issues for another couple of months. That was a huge bummer. But I was able to go to a postpartum fitness class and whatnot. It was way better than how it was during pregnancy. This time I'm hoping that since it has been sort of mild compared to before, I will be able to bounce back from it quickly as well. We'll see.

If you go for a third, I'll tell you what I learned in the process -- go into the pregnancy as fit as you can, and as light as you can (massive weight gain for #2 definitely was a factor for me). In particular, do those pelvic and core exercises. Then keep doing that kind of exercise for as long as you can in the pregnancy. However, don't exercise hard ever, or do anything that strains SPD. With #1 I think I did TOO much exercise, not knowing about SPD or what I had until late in the pregnancy, and then with #2 I "took it easy," which was just as bad or worse! This time I tried to strike a sweet spot and I think it worked!

I hope that you are able to be done with it as soon as you deliver. But I'm not going to lie, the next few weeks are only going to get worse before you do deliver. :( If you think it's necessary, work on getting a handicapped placard now (you can ask your doctor for a note). I had one for the final months of #2 and it was GREAT. I don't need one this time.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• How far along are you? 34w

How big is baby? Butternut squash

Any appointments this week? Yesterday was my first follow up From last week's hospital stay and now I'll meet with the doctors daily as I'm back in the hospital until after delivery.

Symptoms? Bleeding this morning from placenta previa. My entire pelvis is so achy.

Cravings? Apple juice

Rants/Raves/Questions? Just sad I'm back in the hosp. I have been on bed rest and I'm afraid I might have over done it yesterday with the appt (first time I left the house since returning home) and more standing throughout the day, feeling some guilt that I possibly caused the second bleeding episode.

Team Pink/Blue/Green? Green

GTKY: Do you have anything left on your to-do list before baby gets here? Rest.  Luckily in the time that I had at home,  we were able to sort through all of the baby clothes and get everything ready.  Now just rest 
  • @kat81 - thank you! It's nice to know that MAYBE it won't last too much longer.  I definitely was fit with the first pregnancy. I was still working out 4-5 times a week up until I delivered. This time, I've been the complete opposite, which I'm sure that isn't helping. I've increased my visits to the chiropractor to 2x/week, which helps with immediate relief, but it only lasts a couple of days. I'm seriously over waking up in the middle of the night just to roll over, or the amazing pain I get when I stand up. I might go ahead and ask my OB about the handicap placard at my next visit - that never even crossed my mind!   Thanks again :)

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • @chailife34 Just reiterating again that I'm so sorry you're back at the hospital. I hope you are as comfortable as possible.
  • How far along are you? 34 weeks

How big is baby? Butternut Squash 

Any appointments this week? Had one on Tuesday, everything was looking good and normal.

Symptoms? Major Heartburn almost all the time. 

Cravings? Fresh Fruit and Lemonade (especially from Sonic and Chick-fil-A)  -- neither of which help the heartburn issue

Rants/Raves/Questions?  I have my second of three baby showers this weekend. This one is with my family and I'm so excited to see some family I haven't seen in almost a year. Second Rave I went to a baby consignment sale this morning and found some really cute things at good prices for both the boys! 

GTKY: Do you have anything left on your to-do list before baby gets here? Haha yes is an understatement!
    1. Finish painting the nursery and move in all furniture
    2. Finish DS #1's big boy room
    3. Get all the clothes out of the basement and wash them
    4. Get all the misc baby things we'll need right away like the swing out of the basement and wash/set up
    5. Pack myself and DH bags for the hospital
    6. Pack DS a bag in case he stays the night with grandparents
    7. Finish buy stuff and putting together DS's gift for the hospital
    8. Clean, clean, clean
    9. Make a few freezer meals and make sure the pantry is stocked with essentials
    10. Make freezer pack pads

The list feels endless - also add in there non baby related stuff like finishing our taxes, planning DS #1's birthday party, Easter etc. Yikes!! 

• OMG you guys, your long to do lists are making my anxiety go through the roof! 

Ugh, we need to finish up our taxes too. I think I input everything but won't submit until DH go over it with me to make sure I didn't get all pregnancy brain on anything.

• @RedInLove - I craved Taco Bell like crazy when I was pregnant with DS #1 and now he (at 3) is obsessed with Taco Bell, every time we ask him what he wants for dinner he says Taco Bell! :smiley:

• How many weeks old is baby? 36

Any medical appointments/updates for baby or mom this week? DD has an echo scheduled for tomorrow for her heart murmur. The doctor believes it is due to prematurity and should close on it's own as she grows.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning feeding/weight gain? No concerns eating, I just don't like that she may go home on neosure or preemie formula since she's still receiving fortified milk when I am not there to nurse.

Questions, concerns, updates, etc. concerning sleeping or other symptoms for both baby & mom? Update for me, I was admitted again. Luckily as soon as I get discharged, I will get admitted to the NICU parents room to nurse DD for 24 hours. As long as she loses no weight and passes the car seat test, she finally gets to go home.

11.2011 - DS1

02.2013 - loss at 6 wks

06.2014 - DS2

10.2015 - loss at 12 wks

03.2017 - DD

• @RedInLove I have had some soda cravings as well. It's weird, because I stopped drinking Diet Coke about two years ago, and normally the taste grosses me out. @Bailey8809 I really miss my Calypso lemonade, but unfortunately heartburn has won over.

How far along are you
    ? 33 weeks

How big is baby? Celery

Any appointments this week? I had one with my midwife yesterday, everything is moving along as it should.

Symptoms? General discomfort at night - I can't seem to get comfortable on the couch. I sit on a medicine ball for some of our TV time, and that helps a little. 

Cravings? Chips and salsa

Rants/Raves/Questions? Nothing this week.

GTKY: We probably need to buy some more clothes. I have bought some cute outfits, but they aren't sensible for everyday wear.
  • kat81kat81 member
    pshaortao said:
    OMG you guys, your long to do lists are making my anxiety go through the roof! 

Ugh, we need to finish up our taxes too. I think I input everything but won't submit until DH go over it with me to make sure I didn't get all pregnancy brain on anything.
    Seeing other people are behind should make you LESS anxious about your own situation, right?

• How far along? 36 weeks

Baby is the size of a papaya! 

Appts: Today. Was checked for group b strep. I am dilated 1.5cm. I well be induced on April 24th due to gest diabetes! 

Symptoms: swelling, heartburn, bh contractions

Cravings: hot dogs, cheese quesadilla

Team Pink

GTKY: I feel like I'm not ready yet, but there literally isn't anything else on my to-do list since we installed the car seat tonight! (That was the last thing.) So I guess we are ready technically! 
  • I see the mentioning of Taco Bell...reminds me...did anyone see the buzzfeed article this week about the baby's first b-day taco bell photo session instead of cake smash session? I got a kick out of it! 
  • Yay I can FINALLY post! TB was being difficult all day and coming up with an error sign whenever I tried to get into the community portion of the app. I couldn't find my computer charger so I couldn't get on that way.

How far along are you
    ?
    33 weeks

How big is baby?
    A celery bunch

Any appointments this week?
    H and I had our hospital visit this week. I was really looking forward to it because I wanted to get some questions answered and just get a feel for what to expect when we get to the hospital. The OB nurse that showed us around was not my favorite. I hope I don't get her as my nurse when I'm in labor. She seemed very "by the book" and annoyed with some of the questions I asked. Then I had a moment of panic when she was talking about what happens in the room when I actually deliver. As much as I can read about the physiology of birth and hear other peoples' stories, I don't think I can fully prepare myself for labor and delivery until it actually happens. After the visit, H asked me what was wrong and I told him. He was super supportive and said all the right things to make me feel better. I'm so lucky to have him with me through this. 

Symptoms?
    I've had some digestive issues this week because baby is squishing my digestive tract. I've also had a lot more reflux, ick. My feet hurt start hurting a lot quicker when I'm on my feet for a while.

Cravings?
    Root beer and anything with carmel on it.

Rants/Raves/Questions?
    I had something to ask, but I'm too tired to remember what it was so I'm going to bed (I answered all the other sections first and saved this one for last).

Team Pink/Blue/Green?
    Team green!

Haha yeah I'm with a lot of you with a long list of things to do. After the baby shower H and I will buy all the other necessities. I made a list of the things we need to pack in my hospital bag, the diaper bag, and H's over night bag for when we go to the hospital. I picked out some clothes options for bringing the baby home too. H and I have a list of non-baby related house projects to do such as putting new shelves in our closet and other random little things. Ugh, I wanted to get all this house stuff done 3 months ago but H dragged his feet and now we're going to be rushed to get it all done.
  • @kat81 you would think so but unfortunately not. I'm still pretty anxious about whats left to do. Its driving DH crazy :)

• How far along are you? 35w

How big is baby? A baking tray! And now I want cookies!

Any appointments this week? Have an OB appointment (first one with the OB as opposed to my GP) on Wednesday.

Symptoms? Is uncomfortable a symptom? 

Cravings? All the carbs!

Rants/Raves/Questions? Off the top of my head nothing major.
    horrid BH's not regular but often, I should call my Dr about it it I'm not overly worried, if they become regular I will. I feel like I've been hit by a truck though

deep clean the house, pick up the last layby which is my diaper bag and a few clothes, otherwise everything is done
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • kat81kat81 member

Rants/Raves/Questions? Off the top of my head nothing major.
    horrid BH's not regular but often, I should call my Dr about it it I'm not overly worried, if they become regular I will. I feel like I've been hit by a truck though

My BH's have also been ramping up. I remember this is one of those things that happens more with successive children and I had a lot with #2 leading up to when I gave birth. Not looking forward to wondering over the next 5 weeks whether I'm in labor or not, and just the pain of it all (BHs sometimes don't hurt but as you get towards the end they totally do...I feel your pain!)

• @kat81 they're definetly worse this time, with DS they didn't hurt at all, now they're more like menstrual cramps. It's annoying but not unbearable thankfully.
    Me - 22  |   DH - 32   |  Married - 24 May 2014
    DS - January 2014 
    TTC#2 - December 2015
    BFP - 6 March 2016  |  MC Confirmed - 21 March 2016
    TTCAL  |  April 2016
    CP  |  June 2016
    CP  |  July 2016
    BFP - 25 August 2016  |  Due Date - 11 May 2017
  • How far along are you? 34w (and 3 days..I'm a little late!)

How big is baby? Butternut Squash

Any appointments this week? We have one on Thursday with an ultrasound! And then weekly after that.

Symptoms? All the glorious 3rd tri stuff, I think I've had a couple braxton hicks contractions this week, and baby keeps kicking my right side HARD and headbutting my left hip haha

Cravings? Sour gummy candies, yogurt, chocolate

Rants/Raves/Questions? Eh, I don't feel like whining today. It's beautiful out and I'm relaxing after a looooong week at work! Prepping things for when baby gets here and can't believe it's so soon!

Move pack and play into our room
    Order some sheets and the other few random baby items we don't have yet
    Put together baby's dresser/changing table
    Make freezer meals
    CLEAN, but this is always on my list
    This week I washed all her 0-3 mo clothes, installed the carseat, and started packing the hospital bag, so feeling pretty good about those things!