November 2017 Moms
Options

Thursday Ticker Change 4.6.17

Looks like this hasn't been started yet, so here goes:

1. How many weeks are you?

2. How are you feeling?

3. Any appointments this week?

4. Rants, raves, questions?

5. GTKY: How are you financially preparing for baby? (i.e., money saving strategies, side jobs, expense cutting, etc)

Re: Thursday Ticker Change 4.6.17

• Options
    1. How many weeks are you? 7 weeks

2. How are you feeling?  Pretty good. Mostly having nausea at night/evening. Seems to be better during the day when I am moving around. I still have no appetite though and eating very little, which messes with my blood sugars (hypoglycemic) so trying to eat crackers and other small carb/protein blends to keep them up. 

Had my first prenatal visit on Tuesday. It was basic, so just blood work, urine test and pap. But I love my new OB and she is so much better than my first OB. She decided to schedule a U/S next Tuesday for dating purposes. I am so excited to see our little bean for the first time.

It's kind of nice, though a little strange that no one other than my DH, OB, you ladies on the Bump and now my dentist (told this morning b/c of x-rays) know about me being pregnant right now. It's kind of like a fun secret to keep a little while longer. But we plan to tell our parents next Tuesday after the first U/S.

5. GTKY: How are you financially preparing for baby? (i.e., money saving strategies, side jobs, expense cutting, etc)

I love personal finance planning, so this has been something we have been preparing for financially for a long time. We actually delayed TTC for two years so we could eliminate all of our student loan debt first. Now, we have saved up $7,500 for start up baby expenses. That include OOP max ($2,500) in my HSA to pay for prenatal care/birth. About $1,500 for furniture, basic items (stroller, car seat), clothing, diapers and nursery set up. Then the additional funds are being set aside to pay for the first few months of daycare. I will likely take a 10-12 week maternity leave and daycare in our $1,300 a month. So the last $3,500 will be gone in about 3 months. 

We have also simplified our expenses to keep costs low for living and to prepare for maternity leave. I could take up to 15 weeks off, but will most likely not. Of the 10-12 weeks I plan to take off, 5 will be at 100% pay and 5 will be at 60% pay, and 2 would be unpaid. So, fortunately, we shouldn't take too big of a hit on income during that time.
  • Options
    9 weeks
    2. How are you feeling?
    Good. I have some food aversions but not many. I'm also allowing myself to eat more carbs which helps with that. 
    I had my first OB appointment yesterday. It made me feel a lot better. Baby is measuring 4 days ahead and was moving. It helped calm my nerves. My next appointment is in 4 weeks. 

I sell wood signs and will get started again once the weather warms up. I am also putting money aside out of mine and hubby's paycheck. We are going to cloth diaper so I'm going to start buying them next month. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    8 weeks!

2. How are you feeling?
    Last night was so rough, trying to eat smaller dinners so I don't feel so much indigestion but it totally backfired when I went to yoga and felt like I was gonna pass out the whole time :/ came home starving

First appt tom!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nothing for now

Since I'm a STM reusing lots of stuff and buying equipment on offerup. I know now that you really don't need very much, diapers and a few sleepers for the beginning.
  • Options
    7 weeks
    2. How are you feeling?
    I've been worse. Mild nausea in the evenings, but that is "normal" for my pregnancies. I'm a moody moody creature though.
    Nope, my OB is out of town for spring break.
    Stupid weird meat dreams. 
    I tend to spend too much on Amazon, so I'm attempting to not do that.
     Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

1. How many weeks are you? 10

2. How are you feeling? physically, pretty good the last few days. Emotionally, im a mess. Can't wait for my next appt to see the baby again and calm my nerves some

3. Any appointments this week? no, 2 weeks until my next appt

4. Rants, raves, questions? rave: my work bought buffalo wild wings for everyone for lunch today, and im actually not nauseous so I can actually eat it!

5. GTKY: How are you financially preparing for baby? (i.e., money saving strategies, side jobs, expense cutting, etc) I'm not really sure we're doing much different, I have always been uite obsessive about saving so just more of the same. We will also be using lots of hand me downs and not buying everything new to help save some money. Thankfully I will get 16 weeks off for maternity leave and all will be at 100% pay so we won't be taking any financial hit there
  • Options
    @dragonfly87  good luck with your US on Tuesday!  Sounds like you've done some serious financial planning - go you!

@CubsFan7  congrats on seeing your little one isn't it just amazing?

@darlabauer good luck with your appointment tomorrow!

@ariasbabyblog weird meat dreams, that sounds interesting! My bf also really likes shopping Amazon, he's been cutting back on that lately though
  • Options
    @dragonfly87 Good luck with your US next week!

@CubsFan7 Congrats on a great US! Also, Mmmmmm carbs....

@darlabauer Sorry for the bad indigestion! I also come home in the evenings completely starving, no matter how much I eat during the day. Good luck tomorrow!

@ariasbabyblog Meat dreams? Ewww.

@mparm91 Mmmm... buffalo wings.... I hope the emotional roller coaster slows down a bit for you soon.
  • Options
    RiverSong15RiverSong15 member
    edited April 2017
    8 weeks

2. How are you feeling?
    Physically feeling pretty good. Just tired all the time. Slight slight nausea and food aversions in the evenings, but nothing I'd notice if I weren't looking for it. Starving a lot.... I may have accused H of trying to starve me with his portion sizes this week... lol. Emotionally, I've been really moody the last few days, and have had this feeling like I really want to cry for no reason, but can't. PGAL brain means anxiety is ramping up before my appointment next week.

Next Monday for another US. FX for good growth and a strong heartbeat!

I'm really irritated with my therapist's office right now. *TW* I have a history of recurrent losses, so being pregnant again is one big anxiety attack most days. And my therapist has had an ongoing family emergency for MONTHS which means she randomly cancels appointments. My last 4 appointments In a row have been cancelled. I'll have gone through 3 doctors appointments, 2 USs, and all my anniversary dates for my last loss without an appointment. And I've only been allowed to switch therapists after bitching to a supervisor. Not cool, health care professionals, not cool. *End TW*

We waited to TTC until we paid off credit card debt and built up a good emergency savings fund. We also will have a decent down payment for a house saved up by the time this baby gets here. We basically live off of my salary, and automatically transfer H's salary to savings every month. Auto savings is the way to go! We wanted to get the down payment in place first, because once we're paying for daycare, we won't have much left over for significant house savings. Daycare is ridiculous where I live - the daycare associated with H's work is $2000 a month AFTER his employee discount. And that's only IF we can get a spot there. Waiting lists are ridiculous in my city. *TW* we got on the waitlist when I was pregnant the first time. I lost that baby, but I would have been due in August 2016. In the aftermath, we forgot to take ourselves off the waitlist. I got an email 4 weeks ago that a spot had finally opened up in the toddler room for June 2017 for that baby. That's a waiting list of almost 2 years for a toddler spot, not even an infant spot.... *End TW* Needless to say, thinking about daycare makes me want to hyperventilate right now, and I'm only 8 weeks.

Beyond daycare stuff, I'll get 6 weeks partially paid leave, and then the rest will be unpaid, unless I use PTO. Which I'm inclined NOT to do, as babies get sick so often, and I'd like to have PTO saved for doctors appointments and such. I want to take the full 12 weeks off though.
  • Options
    8 weeks (raspberry!)

2. How are you feeling?
    Surprisingly good :) But I have been thinking about going to bed since about 2 pm, so the exhaustion has come back.

I had my first on Tuesday. I didn't know what to expect so DH took the afternoon off of work to come with me and it wound up just being an introduction to the practice, paperwork and scheduling next appointments. Oh well, it was nice to have him along anyways.

Rave: Spring Break starts Saturday! OhMyGoodness, I am so ready. Really, my brain just doesn't have much room in it right now for teaching.

Hahahahahahahahaha.
    On the one hand I feel like we aren't prepared at all, especially in terms of figuring out childcare, possibly decreased earnings (at least during my 12 weeks of unpaid leave), and having basically any savings, but, on the other hand, we will have paid off our house before the baby comes, so that's huge. My main goal is to get our credit card paid off between now and then.... no easy task!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    1.How many weeks are you?
    2. How are you feeling?
    Actually really good. I had a lot of cramping in the beginning (RLP) but now it's just breast tenderness, fatigue. And I think I get MS at night but I'm a hardcore sleeper so it doesn't wake me up. 
    Nope,  waiting until 4/17. I'm very nervous my lack of symptoms is reason for concern.
    Anyone know someone who didn't have MS? Or generally felt decent?
    Hubs and I live a very frugal lifestyle in order to get the things we want, I have been couponing for this baby for two years. We recently built our dream home so things are a little tight but we've saved quite a bit.  I own a successful business so taking time off is going to be hard.  We'll need a nanny at about 10 weeks. But then hubs and I will each take a day off a week so we don't have to use them full time.
    Tip: coupon for diapers now so you never spend full price when you need them!
  • Options
    @booksandbeauty There are quite a few ladies who have been having very minimal symptoms. If you head over and check out the current symptoms thread, or the one before that (it's REALLY long), I am sure you will get some reassurance! I am 8w1d and have had symptoms, but no nausea to speak of (fingers crossed it stays that way) and nothing debilitating. It seems that it's really true that there's a wide range of healthy symptoms (or lack thereof) and that it's different for each woman in each pregnancy!
    TW
    Me: 33 DH: 32
    Started Dating: 2003 Married: 2013
    Started TTC August 2016
    BFP: 2/1/17 MC: 2/8/17
    BFP: 3/8/17 MMC: 5/1/17
    BFP: 7/23/17 EDD: 4/5/18
    BFP: 2/27/20

• Options
    @booksandbeauty I didn't have any symptoms with my first. With this pregnancy, I have some food aversions but not many (mostly greasy foods) and sore nips. That's it. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    @booksandbeauty
    I have had zero symptoms besides a lot of cramping in the beginning. I had a loss the first time, so obviously it was worrisome for me. Recently went to my first appointment though and the doctor told me it's a total myth that you have to have symptoms for a healthy pregnancy. She said that no symptoms or all the symptoms....you will most likely have the same outcome. Just be happy you don't have to be sick!