Trying to Get Pregnant

UO Thursday

13»

Re: UO Thursday

• Loading the player...
  • Dude I WISH I could get a 5-6 bedroom craftsman for $1million. Something like that in my area costs at least $3million. 
    That being said, I love a good craftsman house. Although I'd prefer an authentic one, like not new construction. I'm weird. 
  • BreezyBee said:
    Dude I WISH I could get a 5-6 bedroom craftsman for $1million. Something like that in my area costs at least $3million. 
    Yeah, this. I just can't hang with the housing prices. I have friends who live in other places that are younger than us and on their 3rd home. The 700 square foot 1 bedroom we used to rent was probably twice their mortgage payment. FML.
  • vflux33 said:
    BreezyBee said:
    Dude I WISH I could get a 5-6 bedroom craftsman for $1million. Something like that in my area costs at least $3million. 
    Yeah, this. I just can't hang with the housing prices. I have friends who live in other places that are younger than us and on their 3rd home. The 700 square foot 1 bedroom we used to rent was probably twice their mortgage payment. FML.
    Ditto. Are you guys in the northeast, too?
  • vflux33 said:
    BreezyBee said:
    Yehh... my H and I moved from southern Florida to Texas in October and one of the main reasons why we wanted to move was because of the housing market. We were so discouraged in terms of what we could afford living there. We just bought a house here in TX and it's probably twice the size of anything we could have bought in FL for the same price. 
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited April 2017
    @JJMNO1616 That is pretty awesome. We've decided we can't leave where we are in the foreseeable future (in part bc of MH's industry, and in part because we have moved way too much and feel it's time to lay down roots), but moving bc of housing prices is totally legit and I understand why ppl do it. 

@kiwi2628 I live in the bay area. The apartment I was talking about was in -- like the dirty underbelly of the city that literally has piles of HUMAN shit on the ground everywhere). We have since -- in a large part because of the price but all of the bay area is still pretty bad, and it seems to be getting worse year after year. ETA to add--I don't imagine the northeast is much better. 
  • @vflux33 Haha!  I'm in SF - of course we have similar housing problems lol 
    We bought a house in the city like 4 years ago and let's just say that we could sell it for almost double what we paid at this point. But then where would we go since everything else is super expensive too!  It's just absurd. Not only that, but the homeless problem, as you said, is just getting so out of hand. A little girl was choked the other day in the freaking MARINA walking to school by some crazy homeless guy. She's ok thank goodness, but holy crap. 
    I still love it here though. I'll leave the city over my dead body. Or until I need to put my kids in school. 
    @kiwi2628 I hear it's not so great in the NE either. Oy. 
  • vflux33vflux33 member
    edited April 2017
    @BreezyBee Wow, you're like the 3rd person I've ever spoken with who actually owns something there! Nice! 
     --d d some location info-- eta

That is awful about the little girl in the Marina of all places--wow. I noticed living in the -- that the police push the homeless people into smaller and smaller areas and force them around a lot and many of the SRO buildings are putting folks through evictions and trying to get out of following the rent control laws so TBH I'm not sure it's a "homeless problem" so much as it is a "city changing and becoming less bohemian and more tech-y and places like Twitter taking over where the homeless people have been for years and have nowhere else to go" problem but, that said, having human shit on the street everywhere isn't exactly ideal either. An ongoing debate that will rage on probably for years to come. 
  • So much going on in this thread today. 

I love craftsman homes, but prefer the originals built in the early 1900's! Way cooler than McMansions! 

From talking to people who have been to Disneyland and Disney World, Disney World is a million times better! I love Disney, Magic Kingdom was a little much for me with the crowds. As much as I love Disney, I would never have a Disney-themed wedding or party. Yuck. 

I didn't have a wedding shower and I'm not even sure I'll have a baby shower because I hate being the center of attention. 

@antoto - I'll eat your white chocolate when you can have all my dark!
    Me: 29 | DH: 29
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
    Letrozole + TI = BFP 01/30/2018 | EDD 10/11/2018
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • @morado23 So with you on the showers. I didn't have a bridal shower or a bachelorette party and the only reason I'd even consider a baby shower would be because it would make baby stuff more affordable, but if I do it it will be seriously painful and awkward for me. TBH I didn't even really like being a bride. The whole time I was secretly thinking "Why is everyone looking at me?! Oh right, I invited them."
  • pebbledampebbledam member
    edited April 2017
    @vflux33 - I eloped and it was the best! I Lol'd at "oh right, I invited them." 

Assuming I get KTFU sometime soon-ish, we wouldn't need a whole lot of other baby stuff because we have a lot for my DSS. Also, my MIL is constantly buying things for DSS and I'm sure she would do the same for our baby. 

Eta typo
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @morado23 Jealous of the eloping! We tried to elope. We had it all planned out and told our families, and my dad totally flipped. I could see he really wanted us to have a wedding and he offered to pay for it so we did it. It's been 7 years and MH and I still to this day kind of regret it. Never was one of those people who dreamed of being a bride. Not judgmental of people who are into it, just meh, not really me. There were some good parts to the night don't get me wrong but I would've liked the money instead (which wasn't presented as an option). 
  • @jsnakehole - good point about the baby shower! Fortunately, I haven't had to go to any since starting TTC... I could see myself changing my mind if that changes!
    Married 12/2016
    DSS born 01/2016
    TTC since 01/2017
  • @vflux33 Yeah the North bay will definitely be our next move but I'm holding out as long as possible lol. I do get real estate envy from time to time up there, so who knows?
    And Jesus showers are annoying. I've thrown 2 baby showers since TTC and I'm throwing a bridal shower in a couple of weeks. God this friend is demanding 2 showers AND a bachelorette.  Such a bridezilla. The entitlement of some people is just beyond me. 
  • @BreezyBee It's great up here, but it is rough for people with social lives in the city to maintain them up here. Once you get used to not dealing with SF going down there all the time is an ordeal. Might be easier if you're in Marin though (I'm in Sonoma). 

Because I lived in another state, I managed to avoid planning showers for both brides I was maid/matron of honor for, thank god. You must have a lot of patience with your bridezilla friend!
  • Ooh boy...

I've been to Disney probably about 20ish times. My family loves it so I've been going my whole life and DH actually enjoys it also. We went twice last year with DD and I'm trying to convince DH to take me for my 30th in September. We also did part of our honeymoon there.  Soooo while I love Disney, I am definitely not one of the obsessive creepy people. I went to high school with a girl like that. She goes to Disney about 4-5 times a year, married a guy just as obsessed as she is, and got engaged there and had a Disney themed wedding. And whenever she goes she stands on line to get autographs with all the princesses. That to me is where the line gets drawn because wtf. 

I hear you guys on housing prices. DH and I grew up in NY and just moved to NC two years ago. We bought a huge house down here for a fraction of what we would've paid for a two bedroom shack on Long Island. 

Vegas is fun but the time that DH and I went we spent it mostly eating, walking around the hotels, and seeing shows. Gambling is not my thing. 

Dark chocolate is the best thing ever. 
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22

• @shortstack930 What are your thoughts on Disney while KU? Worth it? 

• @shortstack930 The girl I know got married AT Disneyland. She had her engagement pictures taken there, and I'm guessing got engaged there but I don't know. They go multiple times a year, and it's a flight away. Also, they went to Disneyland Paris and I didn't see any pictures of anything outside of Disneyland, so I don't think they even explored Paris at all... I don't get traveling that far just for another Disneyland.
    Me: 29 || DH: 29
    TTC #1 4/2016 || dx NIR PCOS 7/2016 || BFP 4/2017
    DD - 12/28/17 <3

TTC #2 3/2019
    BFP 5/2019 || MC - D&C 5/2019
    BFP 2/2020 || EDD 10/10/2020
  • @hartmich when we went last year I booked the trip aware that there was a possibility I would be KU. I think it's still worth it because there is sooo much to do that even if you can't go on the big rides you can still do the smaller ones and see all of the shows and most importantly eat the food! My best friend went to Disney when she was KU with her second and she still had a really good time. I probably would just never go if it was third trimester and the summer because I can't imagine dealing with the heat. 

@MJDsquared yeah that's a bit much. I would love to go to Disney in Paris but I would definitely explore Paris too!
    TTC History
    Me: 35 DH: 34
    Married 07/2012
    DD born 07/2014
    DD2 born 10/2018
    DS born 10/2022

IF history:
    TTC #2 since January 2016
    June-Aug 2017: 3 IUIs w/Clomid = BFN
    Sept 2017: Dx w/Endometriosis
    Oct 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Nov 2017: IUI w/Letrozole = BFN
    Dec 2017: pre-IVF testing
    Jan-Feb 2018: IVF--17 eggs retrieved, 13 fertilized, 9 frozen and 1 transferred on 2/10 = BFP on 2/19!!! EDD 10/29/2018
    FET Oct 2021: BFP on 10/31! MC at 5 weeks
    FET Feb 2022: BFP on 2/15! EDD 10/29/22