May 2017 Moms

WTF? Wed...Thur...and beyond (4.9.17)!

BabyMC517BabyMC517 member
edited April 2017 in May 2017 Moms
So, I don't think I saw this started...pretty sure it was supposed to be yesterday, again. Ooops! 

Anyway, what are your WTFs this week?!? I think some were in other threads, but I have a couple this morning and thought it might be helpful to have a separate thread! 

ETA: wtf brain?! 3.9.17? Ugh...how about 4.9.17

Image result for say what

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
 "A day without laughter is a day wasted." ~Charlie Chaplin

Re: WTF? Wed...Thur...and beyond (4.9.17)!

• WTF weather? The humidity here (SWFL) is killing me! 93%+ and we've broken records I think every day this week so far! Ugh...just stop! I'm already hot enough!! 

WTF coworker...why do I even bother saying good morning to you? All I get is a grunt back or a sort of smile...I know I'm not a morning person, but dang it I try! 

I feel better now :) 

• Loading the player...
  • mdlorenz said:
    WTF boobs. Really poor timing for mastitis.  
    Oh no! I am so sorry!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Me: 38 DH: 36
    Married 8/27/2011
    BFP #1 9/28/2011 DS born 5/22/2012
    BFP #2 4/24/2013 m/c 4/25/2013 at 4w
    BFP #3 1/31/2014 DD born 10/14/2014
    BFP #4 1/20/2016 m/c 2/12/2014 at 7w2d
    BFP #5 8/19/2016 DS2 born 4/29/2017
    BFP #6 3/7/2018 EDD 11/18/2018

• @BabyMC517 - I loathe trash can thing. Why is it so hard to put it where you found it?!?!?!?

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • @ChristinaWild it drives me nuts ever.single.morning! Its like they forgot in the 10 seconds it took them to empty the trash where they got it from! 

• @mdlorenz oh no mastitis is the worst! I had it twice eith DD and it was miserable. I hope the antibiotic kick in fast, if you're taking them. 

Soy lecithin seemed to help prevent mastitis afterwards, if you want to look into trying something!

• @lrwardrop my hospital took over a Catholic hospital couple years back we never celebrated easter but we did good Friday now we don't now that we aquired them. It's confusing.
    @mdlorenz I prefer sunflower lecithin over soy. Soy gave me horrible gas. Good luck getting through the mastitis. For me my supply never bounced back fully I hope that doesn't happen to you
  • @BabyMC517 - mine always ends up exactly where my feet go. And they push it far enough back that I have to bend and contort to reach it....pisses me off every single time it happens, which isn't a great way to start the morning! LOL. 

@mdlorenz - I'm sorry about the mastitis! That sounds terrible  :(

Married:09/14/13 
    Baby 1-Born: 7/29/15
    Baby 2 - Due: 5/4/17
  • @Yiggle09 I've never heard of sunflower lecithin!  I'll have to look into that. I plan to start from the beginning to be safe. :)

• SKZW said:
    @lrwardrop: Wait. Hold on. A Catholic hospital not recognizing Easter as a holy day?! Ummm, it's THE holiest day of the year. I'm all WTF now too!
    @lrwardrop we are making up for it at our catholic hospital.  Good Friday is a recognized holiday here in addition to Easter.  There are zero scheduled cases in the OR on that day and only a call team available (including lucky me!).  I have worked at other catholic systems and never had that as a holiday.  It's interesting how it varies.
  • @ChristinaWild they usually put it under my desk where I never have it or today they decided to put it by a different table in my office. WTF? seriously? I have it on the side of my desk...

• @rkstro2 that's awesome! Hopefully you don't get called and get to enjoy the day.

I used to work at a hospital in Detroit and we got holiday pay on MLK day. So that was pretty cool. I'm sure they changed that in the past few years since I saw on the news they were struggling. 
  • @Yiggle09 ooooh totally going to stock up on kitkats after easter! Nom :)

• WTF car. There were 4 indicator lights on this morning (tire pressure, abs, power steering, and traction control). Tires looked fine and everything drove like normal, so I'm hoping it's a weird sensor fluke, but I'm taking my car in this afternoon now when all I want to do is go home and sit on the couch.
  • lrwardrop said:
    @rkstro2 that's awesome! Hopefully you don't get called and get to enjoy the day.

I used to work at a hospital in Detroit and we got holiday pay on MLK day. So that was pretty cool. I'm sure they changed that in the past few years since I saw on the news they were struggling. 
    Wow that's really cool!  I've never had an MLK holiday except for growing up in school of course!  
  • @mdlorenz Sorry about the mastitis! Hope it gets beter quickly.

@pshaortao and @Yiggle09 do you eat/drink the lecithin or...?

I'm WTF with y'all on all of these. Solidarity sisters!
  • @Yiggle09 and @pshaortao  Thanks! A local mama friend just dropped off her old supply of sunflower lecithin so I mixed it up into a smoothie. I have to drink 24 oz to get the daily dose and it tastes like the local co-op smells - I may not be crunchy enough for this. ;) I would get so sick from the number of Kit Kats I'd presumably have to eat. Dosages I've seen (on KellyMom) are 3600-4500 mg per day. My lecithin is 1500 mg per TWO heaping tablespoons - oy.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• @jayandaplus @mdlorenz I took it as a giant pill 4 a day
  • @jayandaplus my soy lecithin came in a jug here you put a scoop into your food or dri m once a day. I hated it in a drink so I just mixed it into my daily bowl of cereal. I got mine from whole food.

They do have a pill version, I dont think they had it at a nearby store where I used to live. I may look into trying that this go around.

• WTF rain. Go away. I think the news said we've had like 10 days of sunshine since October 1st. So over it! 
    Married 03.09.09
    Sweet Baby H 12.21.11
    Sassy Baby P 03.26.14
    Little Brother Due 05.22.17
  • WTF AC.  Don't you know I'm pregnant? Also, WTF night sweating. I assumed I was just pregnant so it took me until 3am to realize the AC went out.  At least it was before my summer maternity leave I guess.
    Oh man...at least it's *only* 85 out, ugh.
    Married 6/5/14 in Ireland
    1st Baby 5/12/17, Henry
  • WTF snow...and weather in general! And satellite TV! Come on Michigan...let's get our f*ing act together
  • I've had some of the restless legs at night, so annoying! And the other night, heartburn woke me up for the first time. It was so built up, I could feel pressure along the bottom of my rib cage. Took 3 Tums and some good burping to knock it down. 

photo May2014jpg photo MomTatWhiteNew40jpg

It’s not that I don’t like you, it’s that I don’t know you. Stranger Danger.
  • Oh no @mcvgal! Hopefully antibiotics take care of it and you feel better asap.
  • @mcvgal Oh no!! Hopefully you're over quick and easy. You deserve a break! WTF for sure!